TAMU at Galveston?

I checked online and saw that I’ve been accepted to Engineering at Galveston even though I applied for College Station.
(TAMU College of Engineering’s Engineering at Galveston program)

What does this mean? Do I have to reapply to College Station after a year? What does “This program allows you to learn about the different engineering majors, prior to seeking entry in a degree-granting major” mean? Does that mean I can’t get a degree in Galveston?

I’m lost. Help me please

Hey, congrats! I’ve been accepted to Engineering at Galveston too! You’ll be taking the general engineering courses like everybody else is taking at the college of engineering in the College Station campus. You don’t have to apply for transfer to the College Station campus or anything like that, you’re already a Texas A&M student! You’ll spend one year at Galveston taking classes and learning about the different types of engineering majors. After that, if you have 3.5 GPA, you’re automatically in the major you want! If you have lower GPA, you’re now in the competitive application process for the major you want. You do have the option to stay at Galveston pursue their engineering programs (Which is basically ocean engineering) or go to the College Station campus.

Does anyone know if a student got accepted into engineering @ Galveston if they can change to a major that is still open at College Station?

You could change your major but they likely wouldn’t let you back in engineering again because they would have to review you again for engineering admissions.

But if you hate the concept of attending Galveston for a full year, you could take Math 151 and 152 and Engr 111 and 218 over summer and take Chem, Phys 208, Engr 112, and English in the fall so you can apply for your new major for the spring term.

Congrats to you too! Thanks for answering my questions
However, I do have another one: I applied for Mechanical Engineering as my first major but it says that I’m taking GE. Is that normal or is it because I’m attending Galvston rather than College Station?

Wait so if you took those classes in the summer and fall, you could Transfer to the main campus in the spring?

While this message board is great to get the answer to the occasional question for those of you with serious questions regarding Galveston I strongly suggest that you contact an admissions advisor to get the official word from a representative of the university.

Transferring into Engineering from outside the A&M system is NOT easy. While what lessonwitch2 stated above may be technically true I would not advise a student to throw aside the Galveston offer to pursue the transfer route. If your goal is to get your degree in engineering from Texas A&M and walk the stage as full blooded Aggie Galveston allows you to do that however you will spend your first year in the engineering program at the Galveston campus and not College Station. The end result is what matters not necessarily the path. After your freshman year you would apply to your major just as every freshman in COE has to do including those at the College Station campus. A 3.5 GPA at either Galveston, College Station guarantees you your 1st choice major. Every freshman in the engineering program at A&M regardless of campus (College Station, Galveston or Blinn) is admitted into General Engineering and has to apply to their major of choice after their 1st year. This is all outlined on the website and if very clear.

My .02