TAMU Blinn team

I was wondering if you can join blinn TEAM even if you receive full acceptance into Texas A&M…

If so is it a good idea or definitely not?
…I’m asking because I got full acceptance into A&M but wouldn’t mind taking some classes at Blinn to save money…

@awesome7: CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FULL ACCEPTANCE TO TAMU!! Whoop!! :slight_smile:

Blinn-TEAM is an admissions offer from TAMU, your Full Acceptance was your offer, so Blinn-TEAM isn’t possible.

BUT you can take classes at Blinn even as a full admissions TAMU student. A lot of people do this.

Make sure to first check with your major department to make sure that any pre-requisite classes for your major are approved to be taken from Blinn (or online from another institution). I don’t think that it matters if you take general core classes elsewhere, but please check with your major advisers first. I know that some of the Science type majors take some of their English and History classes at Blinn and non-Science majors often take their Math/Science at Blinn. Blinn also offers languages and classes for other electives.

If you have any financial aid, make sure that you check on the requirements so that you don’t lose any financial aid. Talk with your financial aid adviser. You may have to take a specific number of hours from TAMU in order to fulfill your financial aid requirements.

The class hours at Blinn are cheaper than at the TAMU campus and the profs often teach at both campuses, so it is a win/win situation. Just make sure that you don’t schedule your classes in too short of a time frame. The travel time between campuses can be difficult, even if you ride the buses between campuses. If you can have “just TAMU campus” days and “just Blinn campus” days, that will make it a lot easier to juggle. My daughter is currently a Sophomore on Blinn-TEAM and this is what she does. She uses time in between classes to study, especially when at Blinn.

Oh ok thank you! :slight_smile:

Once you hit 12 hours in a semester, just know extra classes up to 18 hours are the same price as 12. And regardless of the hours you take, all the fees are the same whether you have 6 or 18 credits in the semester. So while blinn per credit may be cheaper, it may not be in a normal semester. BUT… definitely easier!