TAMU Chances for Fall 2013

<p>Howdy,
GPA: 3.2/3.3 (out of 4.0)
Ranking: Around 140 of 600 (number of students may have dropped)
Percentile: 26% or so
2nd Quartile
(Have had several AP/Honors classes over the years)
Also 2 Recommendation letters from my Business Professionals of America (org listed below) Advisor/Teacher, and from my youth minister at my church</p>

<p>I applied in late november, but they didn't receive all my forms until January, been in the third step on the AIS since the 15th.</p>

<p>I put down that I was interested in Blinn Team, and the Corps of Cadets hoping that helps admissions. Wrote 3 essays instead of the required 2.</p>

<p>EC's:
Business Professionals of America (BPA), Member 10th grade, Officer 11th Grade, President 12th
Church Leadership
Technical Theatre
Some other small ones, spirit organizations, sports, etc</p>

<p>Awards:
1st Place Regional Comp. for BPA in Broadcasting Team
2nd at state comp. for BPA in broadcasting team
2nd at national comp. for BPA in broadcasting team
Lonestar (tx) Emmy, High School Division, for Broadcasting
Some other awards from my school district for winning in those events listed above</p>

<p>I was wondering how you think I may look for full admit, TEAM, or Gateway?</p>

<p>Really hoping those EC's and awards show that I'm really a good student and would be able to succeed at TAMU.</p>

<p>Also, how long do you think it will take to find out on my admission decision?</p>

<p>Thanks and gig' em</p>

<p>hi! I am a freshman at Texas A&M. Looks ok. But hard to chance since you didn’t put SAT or ACT scores.</p>

<p>I would say bad considering there are no SAT scores</p>

<p>Right, sorry, knew I forgot something</p>

<p>Around a 1500 on SAT, all combined. Not composite.</p>

<p>"… all combined. Not composite." What does that mean?</p>

<p>Just tell us your best composite SAT score…</p>

<p>490 Math, 490 Reading, 480 Writing</p>

<p>So, composite is 980</p>

<p>Full acceptance is gonna be a reach for you since A&M weighs heavily on academics like many tier 1 universities do. But don’t count yourself out though. You 'll never know. Your awards look impressive especially at national level. That really stands out. I would just wait for the response.</p>

<p>Sounds almost like me. We’re close to in the same boat. 24 on my ACT, 2nd quartile, wrote all 3 essays, and several extra circular activities. (Head drum major, track, officer in FCA, ect.) I’ve had my application in since October and have been on step 3 on the AIS since. I would like to be in the corps and the Aggie band and would gladly accept Blinn team or Gateway. Good luck with your application. Let me know if your hear something anytime soon!</p>

<p>^ Hopefully we’ll see each other on Gateway or something!</p>

<p>Top 12% (74/599) competitive school.
3.7 unweighted
25 ACT
lots of extracurricular and volunteer hours.
(:</p>

<p>I received blinn team with a 3.77 GPA (at the time of the application) and ranked 30/294. When I graduated though I had a 3.95 and ranked 25/293.
Crazy how strict they can be about admissions sometimes. It might have had to do with the fact I applied extremely late, but rank is a huge thing at A&M so honestly I’m not sure your chances are that high.
You can always go the Blinn route, you’ll still be in college station and there’s tons of people who go there so it’s not a bad thing.
I hate to sound discouraging, but hey anything is possible. Best of luck though!</p>

<p>daughter:</p>

<p>probably top 30% of highly competitive private school.</p>

<p>GPA - 3.5
ACT - 30
Honors - I think something like 6 classes…including three this year.
Sports, Dance, Student leadership</p>

<p>She got Blinn team…which she proceeded to decline and move on…already been accepted to out of state public honors, out of state highly competitive private and the #4 university in the UK.</p>

<p>Not taking a bus to Bryan to take classes at Blinn.</p>

<p>Too bad for A&M.</p>

<p>Hey! I was offered Blinn team. I have a 3.6/4.0 GPA, I have numerous AP classes, but my school doesn’t weigh AP classes. I’m in the 27% percentile, and I had a 28 composite score on my ACTs. </p>

<p>I also been accepted into the honors program at Baylor, but Texas A&M has always been my number one school, and since I’m coming from out of state, I appreciate the cost benefit of going to Blinn. </p>

<p>So therefore I’m thrilled!!</p>