TAMU Class 2025 - PTA (guaranteed transfer)

I was told that u can not sign anything u til after u have graduated. I think I that is when u typically have your first meeting…however, I am thinking u could setup a pre-meeting right now. I was also told u could start your 30 over the summer. All things to verify.

2 Likes

My son got this offer yesterday. Is blinn one of the psa schools?

@Amcecas Blinn is a community college.

1 Like

I think you mean your son got PSA.

PTA is a contract with Tamu where you go to a junior college and fulfill certain requirements.
If you complete those, then you can transfer to Tamu.

Psa is an offer similar to that, but you go to a Tamu system school (4 year college) and fulfill requirements before transferring to Tamu.

These two routes are different!!!

2 Likes

Also, what is his major? Some of the PSA schools are suited for some majors and some aren’t. Mine is English which is not a very good match for PSA so that is how we started looking at PTA.

DD is going to tour Blinn Bryan this week. Hope to get a good feel for how the campus works. She signed her lease in college station so either way we’re moving forward with PTA English transfer.
From what I understand, transferring in after a year still allows them time to start focusing on their specialty and also the 5 year master’s program if interested. Living in the area also allows her to attend department functions open to the public like authors visiting.
Hopefully she will feel a strong part of both campuses for the year.
Interestingly, when we visited the apartments and mentioned starting out at Blinn they didn’t even balk and said they did the same thing or that it’s so common no one even cares. I think that was helpful for her to hear.
So I think it’s good to stay positive and look forward to when transferring in.

1 Like

So excited for you! After much angst, mine decided to go to Tech. Even though many, many kids start at BLINN, she decided she really wanted to live on campus and be able to roll out of bed and run to classes. I’m sure it helped that her best friend is also going there and they r going to room together. It is just nice to finally see them getting excited.

1 Like

@AggieMomhelp hi! I had a question. I’m currently enrolled in the PTA program and I’m in 2 of the classes required to make a B for acceptance. I’m an allied health major! I woke up to 6 tabs yesterday. Would I receive the 6 tabs if I was being deferred for spring grades? I don’t want to get my hopes up. I was just confused because I’m enrolled in one required class for regular transfer (I completed my other math and 2 sciences, but I had 2 classes left for PTA guidelines). I also haven’t received acceptance in AIS. Thanks for the help! (I’m a current freshman btw)

1 Like

@Tuppence22 congrats to your daughter! Tech is a great school! She’s made a good choice, I think. She’s entering college as a true Tech freshman, no limitations or looming transfer.
Strong English dept, as well.
She’ll do great things, I’m sure!

Did I reply to this already? I remember doing it but don’t see it.

I don’t see your response either.

1 Like

Okay I’ll try again lol. So yes for PTA I haven’t heard of anyone getting the 6 tabs prior to completing the course and Gpa requirements. Like I don’t even know how they’d have your stuff. Did you apply as straight transfer as well?

Regardless, 6 tabs is always a great sign. Please keep us posted.

I just did the normal application and the admissions counselor told me they would know I’m a PTA applicant because of the forms. So I have 2 questions,

1. how long does the ais usually take to update following the 6 tabs?

2. do you get the 6 tabs if ur deferred for spring grades? I didn’t quite understand ur answer

Another question I have is does AIS update only in the mornings and weekdays or anytime?

AIS updates randomly. And it seems like it’s been taking a day or two for it to update.

And i guess my question was how did they look at your stuff? Pta applicants provide the info after it’s completed so let’s say like end of May then the dept reviews and signs off.

So did you apply in January as a pta student and if so, is that typical?

As a PTA applicant you have to submit a regular application so I applied in February. I sent in my current transcripts and had planned on sending another final transcript of my blinn classes after my spring semester.

Also, is change of major button going away as a transfer applicant a bad sign? My friend is freaking out because they said since the button is gone, it means a decision could be announced within a few days.

Change of major button gone missing is a bad sign.

That’s weird. I also don’t have the change of major button, but have 6 tabs.

Hmmm interesting. At first tho I thought your friend was a freshman but as a transfer, I’m not sure anyone has mentioned change of major being removed. Typically you get your first major. Then if not, your second choice major moves to first choice major

Update!!! Got my 6 tabs Tuesday and got accepted today. Cant contain my excitement. After being denied last year, I wasp so bummed so did PTA to be in BCS. I didn’t even finish PTA requirements and got accepted today.

4 Likes