TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

@lessonwitch2 Thanks, and congratulations!!

@Thelma2 Why are people who are in review who applied much later than me being accepted earlier than me? I was told that it was rolling admissions.

@Burnsy115 It is rolling admissions for all majors except engineering. Rolling admissions does not mean as they come across your application that they will notify you of your admissions. It means that as you are admitted to the university, you are admitted to your major. There are too many factors at play to know why friends of yours who are in the second quarter also and similar SAT are being admitted as review applicants and you have not and there is no way to say why.

@Thelma2 Should I be worried yet?
Applied: August 9th, received UIN a few days later
Class rank: 75/394 (19%)
ACT: 29 (English 34; Math 27)
SAT New: 1330 (700 EBRW; 630 Math)

Good Essays
Good Letters of Rec

LOTS of leadership, community service & and extracurricular activities
(PALS - Officer, NHS, Varsity Drill Team - President, T.E.A.M., Interact, President & founder of Young women’s club)

Major: Political Science (BA) College of Liberal Arts

Should I be worried that I haven’t gotten a decision yet
?

It is rolling admissions in that once a decision on your file is made they notify you rather than wait for a specified date. Why are some people notified before others? In review they look at your whole file - not just the stats you listed here. Someone may have written the most compelling essay or have extenuating circumstances explained that led admissions to a quick decision. They hold back some placement decisions to see how many applications they get that qualify for automatic admit status since they have to be in the full admission counts, then they begin to make & release more review decisions for the remaining slots. They do however reserve a few slots for late reviewed applications so don’t feel that a posted Blinn Team decision means all Full CS slots are taken. That is not how it works.

@TexasScubaGirl Just because you have not received a decision is no reason to worry. I know the wait is excruciating and it easier to say than done, but do try not to read into decisions coming out more than necessary. Just because people do not receive a decision prior to Christmas break does not mean they will not receive full admissions to CStat. Admissions come out until March (per website) but the last two years,it has been the third Friday in February. On that date, the decisions were full admissions and the other pathways. Do try not to worry and enjoy the Holidays and your Sr year.

I feel for TexasSuba Girl. My daughter is in the same exact scenario. Just on cusp of academic admit. Applied August 8. Essentially same scores. College applied to Vet Med. Other students in same school not in top 25% and other with lower test scores have been admitted. Other qualifiers include minority and that father is alum and faculty at A&M. Still waiting. Great for those admitted but what the heck. Problem is while she tries not to read into the wait she feels like Bama, Georgia, Auburn ,others etc seem to want her more as they accepted quickly and with scholarships. Texas A&M #1 choice. Hopefully you and her get in soon.

@marooncrew your comment regarding minority status makes me curious. Is minority status a factor for admission at A&M? My son is a review candidate as well and is also a minority (Native American and an enrolled tribal member since birth). Just wondering if it is a factor at all. His stats are really close for academic admit as well, and I agree, the wait is grueling!

Applied Oct 25
Class rank 1st quarter
Sat 1320
Gpa 3.42
College of agriculture
MA Prep School
Lots of extracirric.
All three essays

Should I be worried have not got a decision yet?

@finsup not sure about minority being a factor per se but most universities look for diversity in their student body. There are established minority recognition’s such as National Hispanic Scholar. Surely it can’t hurt. Being legacy makes no difference these days except that your kids can pretty much sing the Aggie War Hymn since age 2. Good luck!

I don’t think legacy has anything to do with A&M admissions. If it did, half the state would be in without an application!

@Thelma2 Do you mean any applicant to Engineering will not get decision till Feb/Mar next year?

When did you apply: 8/2
When did you get your UIN: 8/5
When did you receive your admission decision: 12/2
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Did you get in: Yep, Kinesiology
Honors program: no
Class Rank: Top 9%
SAT: n/a
ACT: 29

@foxlilian No, I was not including engineering, They are the only college that has an actual decisions timeline.

@Thelma2 Is there a link that shows the decisions timeline?

@foxlilian The time line is on the apply to engineering webpage.
http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/apply-engineering
Scroll down to “Notification of Decision”.
If you applied by October 15th early decision deadline, you will receive an admission decision early December (I have also read Mid-December) . If you applied after October 15th and by the deadline of December 1, you will receive an admission decision in Mid January.

my son got his engineering acceptance today! yahoo!

We are out of state
 Colorado

When did you apply: 8/5
When did you get your UIN: 8/12
When did you receive your admission decision: September 27
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Academic
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering
Did you get in: Accepted to College of Engineering December 7!
Honors program: maybe
Class Rank: school doesn’t rank
ACT: 33

Good luck everyone!

Does it matter what major they put. Waiting for my daughter’s notice

When did you apply: 8/2
When did you get your UIN: Early August
When did you receive your admission decision:
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Biology
Did you get in:
Honors program: maybe
Class Rank: 12%
GPA: 3.95
SAT:1360 (R:640/M:720)
ACT: 29

@thelma2 So what does it actually mean when my 3 tabs in howdy changes to 6?

@TexasScubaGirl It means your status is about to change and the most likely you have been accepted. What does AIS say?