TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

AIS just says my app is complete and in review. But howdy changed last night. @TxSker

@TexasScubaGirl I bet your AIS will change in the next day or so to reflect admittance. Just keep checking.

@TexasScubaGirl ^^^^What @TxSker said!!! I say, you will soon be one very happy girl!! It would be super if every star and planet aligned in the admissions process but alas, it does not. Those new tabs are not an official admissions decision, it is just a step in the process, but it precedes the official decision.

Okay!! When does AIS usually update/is there a gauge of how long it will be before they update my ais?

There is no gauge of when it will the official notification will update to your AIS. When it shows up, it will be there!

My daughter’s Howdy now shows 3 new tabs (total of 6 now): My Finances, My Records and Student Life.
The AIS system shows the App status as Complete and Under Review.
Sounds like we should be cautiously optimistic?
(She is a Review Candidate)
I wonder how often they update the servers.

Congrats to those whose howdy portal has changed, that’s one step closer. Hopeful we’re next. (Of course we have been thinking that for weeks.)

Does anyone know the truth behind the Howdy portal changing on Tues and Thur nights? Or is it done automatically throughout the day?

Oh boy – went from 6 tabs for several days, down to 3 today – that doesn’t sound good

Same happened here

same happened to my son today, had 6 tabs appear on Wednesday, today they are back to 3. However, I was able to apply for housing for him yesterday and paid the deposit. When I log onto housing portal today, it still shows that his application is complete for priority housing. Makes me think that Howdy is just experiencing some glitch at this time. But still nerve-wracking!

Wow! As nerve racking as it is for the kids we parents feel it too. Just when you thought the tab change was a good sign it reverts back.

Applied: 11/09, completed 11/22
UIN received: 11/11
Awaiting decision
Review Admit
College of Liberal Arts, Communications Major
Honors: No
Rank - school does not rank, but top quarter on AIS
GPA- 3.81 weighted
ACT: 29 (English 33/ Math 24) and 28 (English 31/Math 27)
SAT: 1850 old (English 610, Math 610, Writing 630)
Good recommendations and essays
Full resume with a lot of extra-curriculars and volunteer hours
Have not taken a CP (College Prep or Regular) Class since Freshman year- All Honors or AP
Just wondering what y’all would say my chances are of getting in as a review admit. I know it’s hard to get in as a review, and I was right on the cut off of being automatic acceptance based on my scores. I’ve been freaking out every day checking for a decision

I applied on 11/21 and all my documents reached A&M by 11/28. I should probably be an academic admit. Any idea how long it is gonna take for me to get my letter?

@Adarsh9pai No idea but let us know when you hear. My son should also be an academic admit and he applied right at the deadline so we are wondering about timing of things as well.

@Thelma2 do you have any insight in regards to the case of the “disappearing Howdy tabs”?

And do they change the Howdy tabs daily or just Tue and Thur evenings??

Does anyone know if they change the AIS during the day or at the end of the day?

@tigger68 the wait is excruciating. From reading last year post, I think AIS just changes at night and Howdy during the day. But I thought I read somewhere just Tues and Thurs
Howdy will change to 6 tabs if admitted.

When did you apply: 10/3, finished 10/25
When did you get your UIN: 10/12
When did you receive your admission decision: 12/2
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Did you get in: HR, Yes
Honors program: No
Class Rank: 256/787
SAT: N/A
ACT: 26

Nobody knows how I got in ha