TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

Not sure why A&M recommends applying early on website, it is clearly of no benefit. Seems early applications with high scores/grades that just fell in review are still waiting. ?? More stringent review vs more lenient review for those that applied later on and have gotten admitted ?Puzzling to say the least. Congrats to those who have made it in.

For my son

When did you apply: 11/30
When did you get your UIN: 12/3
When did you receive your admission decision: Pending
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Should be Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Did you get in: Engineering - still in review
Honors program: No
Class Rank: 18/120 weighted GPA 99.9
SAT: NA
ACT: 30

He waited until the last minute to apply and to turn in his essays (with no review so very authentic but I would say raw). He should be Academic Admit but the big question will be COE. His high school has very weak STEM. They are growing it now but that is too little too late for my son. But on the plus side, his science on the ACT was a 33 so that may be of some benefit to him.

Essays were received 12/8 and last night his Howdy page added the extra tabs. Hopefully he will get the admission very soon. It will be the COE that will be an excruciating wait.

Good luck everyone!!

@samanthaex88 what is your major?

@crossingfingers1 our Howdy page changed last night so I donā€™t think that part is only done on Tues or Thurs.

I will update on when the admission is updated. He is an academic admit so we know he will be at TAMU, just not sure of the COE part.

Is the 6 tabs on howdy yall talk about the quick links? Such as campus life etc?

Howdy Tabs:

Applicant

My Finance

My Howdy

When did you apply: 8/1
When did you get your UIN: 8/10
When did you receive your admission decision: Still Waitingā€¦
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Business (1st) Economics (2nd)
Class Rank: Does not rank weighted (Ranked 1st quartile) GPA 4.05 (W) 3.5 (UW)
SAT: 1340
ACT: N/A

Not sure why I havenā€™t heard backā€¦ Am an Eagle Scout, Team captain of sport, have an internship, and have 150+ hours of community service since junior year.

Oh well, probably will get BLINN.

@yugioh5454 When youā€™re application in still in review, you will have 3 ā€œtabsā€ across the top of your Howdy website: Home, Applicant, and My Howdy. That will change to 6 tabs, giving you other options, once you have been admitted.

Has anyone inquired about the ā€œdisappearingā€ howdy tabs? Or have anyoneā€™s reappeared yet? Ours are still gone. Had 6 tabs for 2 days, was able to apply for housing, tabs disappeared then today not able to see confirmation of housing app anymore. I did receive an email confirming housing app & deposit though. Very discouraging and confusingā€¦

This morning his AIS said in review, now shows he was admitted (academic admit so no surprise). The letter said

All students applying for engineering will be considered for acceptance to engineering based on a competitive holistic review process. Students whose files are complete by October 15th will receive notification of engineering selections by early December; files completed after October 15th will receive notification in mid-January. Be assured, your admission to Texas A&M University is secure; it is your major which has not yet been determined. You may change your major at any time via the Howdy Portal, Manage Applications channel, if you prefer to opt out of the engineering review process and select an open major.

so we wonā€™t know until January (fingers crossed) about COE admission.

Good luck everyone!

When did you apply: 11/30
When did you get your UIN: 12/3
When did you receive your admission decision: 12/9
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Automatic
Major/College of Choice: Dwight Look CoE CompSci
Did you get in: 12/9 Admitted to University - 12/13 Admitted to CoE
Class Rank: Top 8%
SAT: 1300

Iā€™m really surprised I got a decision so dang fast. Good luck to everyone else.

When did you apply: 10/7
When did you get your UIN: 10/12
When did you receive your admission decision: Still Waitingā€¦
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review Admit

Major/College of Choice: Dwight Look CoE Chemical Engineering
Class Rank: Top 25%
SAT: 1250

I thought they said I would receive a decision notification by early December. Iā€™m still waiting. Sorry I know Iā€™m impatient lol.

Still 3ā€“was 6ā€“agonizing!

@GenXdad97 and @drmom5 Donā€™t put too much stock in the howdy tabs disappearing. I know it is just one more aggravation in the waiting game and getting hopes up, and the confusion of them potentially being dashed.

@drmom5 If you were able to sign up for housing, then you should be good and the tabs going away are negligible. Did your son ever get an official notice of acceptance? I canā€™t imagine you could sign up for housing if he were not accepted. Can you see your housing once you log into the housing portal? https://oncampusaggies.tamu.edu/StarRezPortal/Default.aspx?Params=L9ezxPcQnQuRGKTzF%2b4sxeNblvAA%2b26c I know UT allows you to sign up for housing before acceptance but I do not believe A&M allows it.

Does his AIS show anything? While having 6 tabs show up, has in the past, meant a favorable decision was coming soon, it is by no means official and the trends can change at any time.

Another place to look is the applicant will have an acceptance letter in AIS. in AIS, go to ā€œMy documentsā€, then click the tab for ā€œmy lettersā€, and the acceptance letter will be there when heā€™s accepted.

Sorry I have been MIA and not addressing when yā€™all tag me.

Thanks @Thelma2 back to wait and see and to remember that the only true indicator is an official decision. ā€œSomethingā€ happened though whether it was a glitch and had no bearing on the decision or otherwise.
@drmom5 still the same here and I havenā€™t Trued calling admissions. Didnā€™t apply for housing. You may be able to call and get an explanation since you actually applied for housing and made a payment. Maybe they would let you know what happened.

My son applied Nov. 30th close to midnight and found out yesterday he has been admitted to the Engineering program.

Has anyone been offered Blinn TEAM or Gateway yet?

Blinn team, Gateway, and PSA are usually not given until the very last wave, which has been the 3rd Friday in February, the past two years. Full admission decisions are also given in the last wave, so having to wait until then is not indicative of an alternate pathway decision.

My son received an email yesterday saying he was deferred to mid-January.

@TexasScubaGirl any updates? Hope you have been accepted. My daughter and you are almost in identical circumstances so I was curious if things had changed.

@Geemommie3 what exactly did they defer to him to mid January for? Decision? Admission? Enrollment?

Good Luck to everyone!