TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

If son applied to COE before 11/15 and is still in review for university and engineering will he hear something mid-December?

@dptxag Some posters on the engineering thread received an email saying that engineering review is being deferred till mid January.

Thank you, I meant to post on that thread. Will try there.

@marooncrew I actually was admitted last Friday, but was waiting to update to here until it was official! Iā€™m sure your daughter will get her decision very soon. Good luck!! Thanks for the support everyone :slight_smile:

@Thelma2 I sent a message to the admin office, but it seems like they didnā€™t even read what I was asking, merely putting down what their website shows (which I had already read). You seem to know a lot about the admissions process so wanted to askā€¦do the individual departments grant admissions to the university? My daughter is going in as a biology major (genetics is her backup)ā€¦surprised that her application continues to sit in review status

When did you apply: 8/3
When did you get your UIN: 8/9
When did you receive your admission decision:waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: review
Major/College of Choice: Did you get in: bio, genetics (backup)
Honors program:no
Class Rank: top 15%
SAT: 1360 (720 math, 640 reading)
ACT: 29
GPA:3.95

@tigger68 Thank you for the confidence but I have been mistaken many times and thankfully, there are many knowledgeable folks on this forum,whom I hope will always correct my incomplete/inaccurate information. Most of what I know is from going through the process with my own Aggie and what I learn from other seasoned posters and new applicants as well.

The individual schools do not read the applicants files for admission. In other words, the Biology department is not looking over her file, only admissions is. If admissions accepts her, then they will look to see if there is still spaces available in her 1st choice major. If not, they will look for spots in her second choice major.

Being in review still is not indicative of less chance of being accepted. The formal deadline just passed 12 business days ago, today. There are still many, many decisions to be released. Good Luck to her.

He applied Oct. 13th and was to receive a response by mid-December. He received an email stating that his decision for admission to the school and Engineering has been deferred until mid-January. He was upset, but I told him that it wasnā€™t a no and he still has ā€œa horse in the raceā€

@Geemommie3 My S applied October 14th and received the same response on deferral till mid-January (heā€™s applied to the Engineering School). In fairness, the A&M site does say that theyā€™ve received a boatload of applications and they are trying to get through them. But youā€™re right to be disappointed; after all, the admissions process is this businessā€™ bread and butter. When they say youā€™ll know by early December (which is what Sā€™s letter says), then you should make good on your written word. This is not their first rodeo.

Elsewhere Iā€™ve said that the University of Central Florida is running circles around Texas A&M (and others) on the admissions process ā€“ at UCF, S already has locked up admission to the engineering school, a sizeable scholarship, housing, and admittance to the Honors College. Meanwhile, Texas A&M says ā€œrest assured,ā€ youā€™re still admitted to the university even as we belatedly sift through your engineering application. Um, OK, but S wants to go to engineering school, so if heā€™s not admitted to A&Mā€™s Dwight Engineering, heā€™ll go elsewhere (e.g., VA Tech, UCF, etc.).

Sorry for the rant. We all know Texas A&M rocks as a school for engineering. So letā€™s give Texas A&M the benefit of a doubt and hope theyā€™ll let everyone know by mid-January.

@VABogart --wow, thatā€™s awesome. I think Iā€™d wrap that up and call it a day!

Iā€™m trying to locate where I got the information because it came from somewhere but after receiving notification of admission to A&M we received something that outlined the following outcomes for ED engineering decisions. So while it may not have been communicated well I do know that the possibility of being deferred until mid January was a potential outcome for those that applied prior to 10/15 and from what I can see those that were deferred just made the 10/15 deadline by a day or so.

They may have received more applications than they can handle. I donā€™t know. Iā€™d be patient it is only about another 3 weeks.

Those already admitted should hear from the COE by early December. From what I have heard the decisions provided will be as follows:

ADMIT - Admitted to COE
DEFER - Defer decision to Mid - January decision timeline (For those that complete app by Oct 15th)
DENIED - Denied Admission to COE

VABogart ā€“ the other schools you mentioned donā€™t have nearly the volume of engineering applicants as the Texas A&M engineering program (from what information I can find.) If Texas A&M only had 4,900 students applying to their engineering school, I would guess they would be able to turnaround decisions more quickly as well. I know it is frustrating to wait (I do remember the wait) but there is a reason so many applicants apply to Texas A&Mā€™s engineering program and want to attend there. And the good news is that I think the comprehensive, holistic review of engineering students will yield the best class ever. Good luck! Iā€™m sure they are all good choices!

When did you apply:10/26
When did you get your UIN: 10/28
When did you receive your admission decision: Audo Admit
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit:Auto Admit
Major/College of Choice: Petroleum/Aerospace Engineering. Did you get in: Yes
Honors program:Yes engineering honors, awaiting on university honors
Class Rank:40/656
SAT: 1430(new)
ACT:Not taken it.

Applied: 11/30
UIN: 12/4
Decision: Today (Out of State)
Review Admit (I guess, not really sure)
Major: Mechanical/Petroleum Engineering
Did you get in: Yes!
Honors: Did not apply
Class Rank: 188/535
ACT: 35 C, 36 R, 35 E, 35 S, 33 M

GoAggies

Applied: 11/23
UIN: 11/30
Decision: 12/2
Auto Admit
Major: Computer Engineering
Did you get in: yes
Honors: yes, around 12/13
Class Rank: 3/1400
ACT: 36 C (35.75)
New SAT: 1590

Waiting for university honors

My S has applied to Biochem, filed on 11/30. Any idea if/when the decisions be published? he is OOS with IB diploma. Also any idea how many students get admitted to Biochem at TAMU?

When did you apply: August 1st
When did you get your UIN: August 9ishā€¦
When did you receive your admission decision: Acceptedā€¦ 12/2/2016
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Im OoS (New York City)ā€¦ So Review?
Major/College of Choice: College of Engineering (Aerospace Engineering)
Did you get in: YES!!! Gig Em!
Honors program: Applied to the Engineering Honors and waiting
Class Rank: School Does not rank
SAT: 1330ā€¦ pretty low :frowning:
ACT: N/A
GPA: 3.7/4.0 - Townsend Harris High School (if that makes any difference :slight_smile: )

Applied: 11/10
UIN: 11/12
Decision: 11/29
Review Admit
Major: Computer Engineering
Did you get in: yes
Honors: Admitted on 12/9
Class Rank:330/649
ACT: 26
New SAT: 1220

I cant wait to be an aggie. WHOOP!

@carachel2 that is very rude of what you said. The reason for my acceptance is not because of my stats but my behind story. My ecā€™s were also very good, 4 year varsity tennis, ranked # 24 nationally, and I had shadowed at MD Anderson and a nurse practitioner. I also had volunteered at physical therapy and countless other things

Review admitsā€¦has anyone heard anything?

Still Waiting for decision

When did you apply: 09/05/2016
When did you get your UIN: 09/09/2016
When did you receive your admission decision: Still Waiting :frowning:
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Did you get in: 1) Applied for Finance - College of Business. 2) Computer Engineering
Honors program: N/A
Class Rank: 520/1341
SAT: 1330
ACT: 26

What are my chances?