TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

Got my decision pretty quickly.

Did you get in: Yes
When did you apply: 11/24/2016
When did you get your UIN: 11/29/2016
When did you receive your admission decision: 12/02/2016
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Did you get in: 1) Business Administration 2) Economics
Honors program: Still waiting on Business Honors
Class Rank: 51/172
SAT: 1250
ACT: 31

Luckyā€¦ I have been waiting for 4 months now.
Congratulations!!

Posted on here before but hereā€™s my infoā€¦

When did you apply:08/22
When did you get your UIN: 8/24
When did you receive your admission decision: Waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review? Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Mays Business School
Did you get in: Awaiting decision
Honors program: No
Class Rank: Top 25% (Unweighted - 4.0, Weighted - 4.3)
SAT: 1310 (new)

Extras: Really strong essays, founded my own successful small business in 2015 (still running it)

@stillwaiting2021 Iā€™m right there with you. Iā€™ve been waiting for five months and am dying to hear back. I even talked to an admissions expert on the business school at TAMU in October (wasnā€™t allowed to get an appointment directly with the business school) and she told me that my application had already been reviewed and she really thought I would receive a decision in early Decemberā€¦which didnā€™t happen. @BluePinkerton Youā€™re really lucky you received a decision so quickly!

Does anyone know when TAMU sends out decline letters/notificationsā€¦Iā€™m trying to determine if possibly I didnā€™t get into the Business School and maybe thatā€™s why Iā€™m not hearing any news from them. Do they wait till Feb/March to send those letters out? Also, wondering if theyā€™d switch me over to my second choice major (Communications) if I didnā€™t make the cut for business schoolā€¦

Iā€™m just really confused because I know itā€™s a rolling admission, but people who applied in November for business are already hearing back.

Hey guys, I had applied to the College of Engineering with mechanical engineering as my first major and computer science as my second. But today, when I saw my portal, under the major section at the bottom, it displays as:
College: Undeclared College
Major: Engineering Review
Degree: BAC
College: Engineering
Major: Computer Science
Degree: BS
Could someone please explain what this means?
Thank You.

@k_03 ā€“ it looks like your application is still under ā€œEngineering Reviewā€ i.e. admissions review for engineering and they have not yet released a decision.

@carachel2 Okay, but what does the BAC mean?
Also, do they directly place students in majors or is it general engineering for everyone in 1st year?

@k_03 Bachelorā€™s degree

@k_03 Everyone is admitted to General Engineering their 1st year. Information can be found on the A&M website.

https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/advisors-procedures/entry-to-a-major

Not much movement if any last week with regards to admissions that anyone has posted. Still waiting like the rest.

When did you apply: 10/11
When did you get your UIN: 10/13
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/20 for auto admit, 11/21 for engineering
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Auto Admit
Major/College of Choice: Did you get in: Mechanical engineering, yes
Honors program: Engineering Honors & awaiting University Honors
Class Rank: 1/32
SAT: NA
ACT: 32

Has anyone here yet been awarded any merit scholarships?

@k_03 Iā€™ve been awarded the Presidentā€™s scholarship (12,000 over 4 years). But mine is a part of a tentative National Merit package. The Presidentā€™s part is guaranteed to Semifinalists. Iā€™m not sure if that affects the timing of notification.

@stillwaiting2021 Hello, if your still waiting, I recommend you CHANGE Your second choice major to a something else like chemistry or university studies so if you get denied from business, you wonā€™t instantly be denied because of the COE filling up so fast.

@k_03 I belive those donā€™t go out until February or March for the most part

You are not denied if your major is full, you are simply accepted with the provision that you pick an open major. No need to change majors while in process.

Stll waiting, feeling depressed

When I applied: 10/15
Received UIN: 10/19
Review Admit
Major/school: Biomedical Sciences
Class Rank: 46/385 = top 11%
SAT: 1070
ACT: 19ā€¦ I know terrible

I NEED TO KNOW!!!

@talex2017 Your not aloneā€¦ Daughter with similar stats just lots of Extra Curricular and Leadership activities so I think her best shot is the Blinn Team. From what I have read, denials, PSA, Gateway and Blinn will all be released the middle of February if like last year. I think all that are hearing now are just full admission and others stay in review until the last wave.

Applied: 11/30/16
Received UIN: 12/13/16
Received admission decision: 1/3/17
Type of admit: Review admit
Major: Kinesiology
Did I get in: Yes
Honors program: Not sure
Class rank: 41/367
SAT (new): 1360 composite (620 math, 740 Verbal)
ACT: 31

@hlklingler Congratulations!! Are you out of state? Iā€™m trying to figure out why youā€™re a review admit, and not an academic admit.

Thank you!! No I am in state! And the academic admit requires a minimum score of 27 on the math portion of the ACT, I got a 26! (But i got a 35 on the reading section, so that is what brought up my composite score!

Your SAT score qualified you as an academic admit.