TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

Here’s my sons info:
When did you apply: 12/1
When did you get your UIN: 12/3
When did you receive your admission decision:1/17
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Top 10% Admit
Major/College of Choice: Did you get in:Yes, undeclared, under review for engineering
Honors: Did not apply, missed the deadline
Class Rank: Top 10%
SAT: 1500
ACT: 35

Have any review admits been admitted to Mays Business School yet?

@gmc0508 those are pretty decent stats. What does it mean by undeclared, under review for engineering? He got in undeclared COE?

When did you apply: Dec 1st
When did you get your UIN: 12/3
Admission decision: 1/10
Idk what academic or review admit is, but I know I wasn’t auto admit
Civil engineering, yes I got in, 1/16
Honors: I’ve applied to so many places I honestly can’t remember if I applied
Class rank: top 50%

Not too sure too. His admission letter indicates the following:
College: Undeclared
Major: Engineering Review

When he applied last Dec 1, his first choice major was BS Computer Science but I guess he missed the October 15 engineering early action deadline so he when he got accepted his status is still no college and under review. I think.

When did you apply: Daughter applied 9/17/16
When did you get your UIN: 9/19/16
When did you receive your admission decision: Still waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: College of Education Did you get in: Still in review
Honors program:
Class Rank: 194/827
SAT: 1200 new sat (610 math, 590 english)
ACT: 23

Involved in a lot of activities and had a letter of recommendation from Assistant Director of College of Education at A&M. The waiting is driving us crazy :frowning:

Anyone got into Mays business school yet?

@stillwaiting2021 Nope! Still waiting despite having borderline scores and excellent ECs. Just heard back from Kelley (Indiana) that I was a direct accept so probably will go there, but still would be nice to hear back from A&M.

@stillwaiting2021 Not yet…I feel like we’ll all hear back in February (when the last letters go out…a bunch of people have been saying the 3rd week of Feb). :confused:

what are your stats?

When did you apply: 11-29
When did you get your UIN: 12-5
When did you receive your admission decision: impatiently waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: review admit
Major/College of Choice: Did you get in: English (w/ concentration in creative writing)/College of Liberal Arts
Honors program: pretty sure I applied but I honestly can’t remember
Class Rank: 241/639
SAT: 1340
ACT: 27
GPA: 4.49 on 5.0 scale

@stillwaiting2021 Here you go…

When did you apply: 08/22
When did you get your UIN: 08/24
When did you receive your admission decision: Waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review? Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Mays Business School
Did you get in: Awaiting decision
Honors program: No
Class Rank: Top 25% (GPA Unweighted - 4.0, Weighted - 4.3)
SAT: 1310 (new)

Extras:
Strong essays (A, B, & C)
Founded my own successful business in 2015 (still running it)
2 letters of recommendation
8 years of piano
Track & Field
194 service hours

I just skimmed over the class of 2020 admissions and this is what happened last year, in a nutshell.
The week school went back in session, some decisions were released. Then more decisions were released at the end of January-Feb 5th-ish. Then some trickled here and there and the last big wave was the 3rd Friday in Feb. The class of 2019 admissions also saw a big and final release on the third Friday of February.

That is not to say it will go the same this year, but it might.

I know the wait is terrible. Especially the closer it gets, the farther it seems. Hang in there. It is almost over. Good luck to you all and be sure to post your decisions!!

If you look on the A&M admissions page about review admits, it says they hope to let everyone know by the end of March. Last year everyone found out by the end of February.

When did you apply: Daughter applied 11/1/2016
When did you get your UIN: 11/15/2016
When did you receive your admission decision: Still waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: College of Education Did you get in: Still in review
Honors program:
Class Rank: Assigned 2nd quarter, 3.7 unweighted gpa
SAT: 1230 new sat (620 math, 610 english)
All 3 essays
Strong extracurricular

The only communication we receive from TAMU is requests for endowment money since both wife and I attended.

@stillwaiting2021 Is is possible for Review Admits to still get into Mays? I was under the impression that it is first come-first served and it fills to capacity with auto-admits. I hope I’m wrong!!! (my son’s second choice is Mays). Anyone know?

@dptxag Yes, I believe it’s still possible. I’m a review admit for Mays (awaiting decision), however I spoke with an adviser at A&M in October and she said that they do leave spots for review admits (not sure how many exactly). That being said, I heard that a few years back they filled up so quickly with auto/academic admits, but I was told that this wasn’t the case this year. Hoping for the best!

@dptxag I wish I knew! Im a review admit too.
Eagerly waiting…

@mollykdolan I really hope that is true.

I spoke to a direct admissions counselor for TAMU in person yesterday. So everything I’m saying is 100% direct and true, not rumors. About 40% of the admitted students are review admits. They do NOT have major waves, they said they typically keep the rate of decisions pretty constant. And that this year they’re going to try to have all decisions out by aggieland Saturday (February 11th) but no promises.