TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

oh my goodness, that just made my stomach flip over! that’s in 3 weeks!! Woohoo!!

Yes I was very surprised about how open she was about their admissions process. She said you might notice minor waves to where people you know find out at the same time, but there shouldn’t be any major decision waves. She also said that they update the AIS system throughout the day, every day so i should check there a bunch.

Btw my stats are
Review admit applying for Business
Rank is 40% but I come from a top 10 public school in Texas with a 80% TAMU acceptance rate
3.5 gpa out of 4 (once again I come from a VERY competitive school)
28 ACT
1360 SAT
4 sports, NHS, a separate service organization, and 2 impressive jobs
Great essays and rec letters
And I applied late October

I’ll go ahead and add my son’s stats too, after stalking this forum for MONTHS and never adding them:

When did you apply: 9/1
When did you get your UIN: 9/16
When did you receive your admission decision: Not yet
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Wildlife and Fisheries
Did you get in: Not yet
Honors program: No
Class Rank: 241/629 (38%)
ACT: 28

ECs: Varsity Baseball plus team captain, NHS, a few other school clubs, treasurer for HS bass fishing team, Student Leader in YoungLife, spent last summer away working at a Christian camp, lots of church involvement. His 3 essays were pretty good. 2 strong letters of rec.

@warrior101x Westwood??

My daughter got accepted at the Engineering academy at Blinn Bryan.Her choice of major is Computer Science. She also got accepted at Texas Tech. Since we have been living outside USA for the past 12 years we do not have a lot of knowledge about these colleges to make an informed choice. Which one would be better TEAB or Texas Tech?

@goaggie Blinn team leads to a TAMU College Station degree which is generally considered to be a better college than TTU. College Station is also more popular than Lubbock.

@goaggie Assuming the Engineering academy at Blinn requirements are the same as the Blinn team in general where you are co-enrolled for 2 years, maintain a certain GPA, and then move on full time to A&M, then the issue really becomes having your daughter visit both to see where she fits in and if she is motivated to maintain the GPA at Blinn academy. I have had kids at both schools and 1 in the blinn team program. Traditionally A&M is considered the better school/program but in reality every kid is different and either one is fine. One thing to consider is cost. My son was a Blinn team student and his education was significantly more affordable for 2 years. A&M full time is more than Texas Tech, at least it used to be.

Also note, that GPA (someone else posted on another thread) says it has to be a 3.5—that’s pretty high and stressful.

In case you have not seen this page, it will answer a lot of questions you may have about the Engineering Academy at Blinn. https://www.blinn.edu/teab/faq.html#q5

Thankyou so much for your responses. @marooncrew yes the cost of Blinn program does make it very attractive. I have not yet received the admission packet so dont know if she has been offered any aid or scholarship. As for visiting the campuses, my daughter’s finals will get over only by April 29 so it is impossible to fly out to Texas before the May 1 deadline. She is a little shy so I don’t know how she would fit in either campuses. Thanks for the link @Thelma2
Since she has done most of the schooling outside US (in India ) we really don’t know how she will handle her classes initially. So I don’t know how difficult it will be to maintain the required GPA.

@Thelma2 and @goaggie

If a student was offered Blinn admission, I would assume there would be no academic scholarships. But this is just an assumption. Does anyone know if this is true?

Has anyone been denied yet? I’d like to know if anyone with stats similar to mine have been denied.

@carachel2 I am with your line of thinking, that with a Blinn Team or Blinn Engineering Academy admissions, TAMU would not be offering any aid or merit scholarships. Maybe there are other scholarships on the table through and outside of TAMU that have been applied for.
@bellakess To my knowledge, from the way it has been the past two years, no denials went out until the very last day decisions came out, which was the third Friday in February. To date, I have only heard of transfer students who were denied admissions for spring but not incoming freshman.
That said, If an incoming freshman did post that they received a rejection letter, I missed it.

@bellakess No denial letter here. Still waiting and it really really stinks!!

The 2017-2018 section in my financial aid portal just vanished. It only displays the 2016-2017 one now. Why is this?

Scholarship and Financial Aid twitter account says they are updating for incoming freshman awards. Says it will be available at 10:00 am tomorrow.

Okay, thanks. :slight_smile:

Any International applicants here from India?

stillwaiting2021 My daughter applied as a US freshmen but has been schooling in India