TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

@goaggie Oh nice! I moved to the US almost 3 years ago.

Has anyone actually attempted to change their major from the ā€œchange majorā€ option on HOWDY portal? If the major is still open, is it automatically processed? I was told that my son could not change his major now that he has been admitted, but confused since the option is available on his howdy page. Wondering what the consequences might be of attempting change.

Maybe I can give some hope to people with low test scores like meā€¦ (:

When did you apply: October 14th
When did you get your UIN: October 18th
When did you receive your admission decision: January 25th
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit? : Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Computer Engineering
Did you get in: Yes, Engineering at Galveston pathway though
Honors program: No
Class Rank: 14/124) (12%)
SAT: 1080 (570 Math/ 510 Reading)
ACT: 22 (22 English/ 24 Math/ 23 Reading/ 20 Science)

I sent in another ACT score after the deadline, a score of 23 (21 English/ 27 Math/ 24 Reading/ 20 Science), Idk if it helped. The date I took it was December the 1st. I believe the scores were sent to the university around the 28th.

I had zero volunteer hours , zero work experience. I spent 4 years on my high school soccer club and a few other extracurriculars. I didnā€™t have many achievements/awards, but my biggest award was placing 2nd on a VFW Patriotic Art Contest.

I am a DACA student , with low income parents. I come from a small rural town 40 minutes away from Texas A&M . I know a few other students with even LOWER test scores and still got in. Theyā€™re better described in my recent thread. (:

^ We have the same stats! That boosted my confidence!
Praying for everyone to hear soon!!!

@123vca My friend and I changed our majors from animal science to biomedical science and at the time she had already been admitted but Iā€™m still waiting. I guess nothing terrible happened but I would ask first.

@ElGuey Thank you for posting your stats. That does give us hope! My friendā€™s son goes to Galveston and loves it. Lots of hard work but you can do it!

I applied in October but I havenā€™t gotten a reply yet and I just want to know if Iā€™m waiting for a rejection??
I had a 1220 SAT and a 27 ACT and I applied for review admit. I have a 3.6 gpa and have taken a couple of honors classes and 1 AP class. I am active in extracurriculars, I do marching/jazz/concert band, I am in our ecology program and have gone to Costa Rica to study, and Iā€™m part of other little clubs around school. I have over 75 hours of community service and got to a very competitive catholic school. Will they let me know the weekend of that February or will they tell me before them? It feels like Iā€™m just waiting for them to reject me
:frowning:

@splasheart123 What major did you apply for?

@Txsker I applied for zoology (Iā€™m aiming to get into vet school after my undergraduate)

@splasheart123 I know the feeling and feel much the same as you (for my son). He applied on Sept 1, got a 28 on his ACT, 3.6 U/W, 4.2 weighted GPA, but is in the second quarter of his class. Great extracurriculars, varsity baseball team captain, lots of church leadership and an officer of a club at his school, lots of volunteer hours, etc. I guess that 38th percentile class ranking is really hurting him, but it sure will be nice when he can make a final school decision. Itā€™s been a long, hard wait.

Same here: son 31 ACT, 4 year varsity athlete but 35th percentile in a competitive HS. Weā€™re anxious to get a decision so we can move on with our lives.

@motamir a 31! and heā€™s not in yet? Thatā€™s unbelievable. We are a very high achieving school as well. I sure wish that was taken into consideration.

Daughter is sameā€¦29 act, 1360 satā€¦still waiting since aug 3rd

I am an international student and I just got accepted for Engineering at TAMU. I did not expect this as my stats are not very competitive.

@college-o-girl what are your stats?

Has anyone received admission notification this week?

I havenā€™t seen or heard of any besides some engineering.

Not yet. I think the rest of admissions letters/emails are supposed to go out on the 11th (or possibly the 17th)ā€¦

The Houston Admissions office told me that they were pushing to get them out by next week, in time for kids to know before ā€œAggieland Saturdayā€ on 2/11.

@kaydeeloo Oh my, I sure hope youā€™re right! I know Iā€™d like to personally get on with things so some decisions can be made as to where my son will be in the fall.

I noticed that Aggie Gateway Facebook page hasnā€™t made any updates either. Last year they posted something on January 29th. Maybe tomorrow?

I think Iā€™m checking AIS and Howdy 10 times a day. Embarrassing but trueā€¦

What other forums/pages are yā€™all checking? Seems like there was a lot of activity last year here and on Txags but not so much this year.