TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

@nutmeg_shippy See if this helps.
https://honorsprograms.tamu.edu/

Iā€™m anxiously awaiting for my acceptance letter since I am an automatic admit. I submitted my application on August 1st, yet My application is still in review. Has anyone been accepted yet/when do acceptance letters usually go out?

@honeybee17 According to the old thread for the current sophomore class (Class 2019), the first wave of acceptances went out on September 19. Howdy portal changed to 4 tabs on September 16. ā€œHome, Applicant, My Records, My Financesā€.

For this years freshmen (Class 2020) , the first wave of admissions went out on September 17.

It will show in your AIS (applicant information system) as well that you are accepted. You will receive the packet later in the mail. However, if you go under commuications or letters (forgot what it is called) in your AIS, your acceptance letter is there and you can print it off.

If you are on twitter, follow Aggiebound. They are very good with sending out info. You wonā€™t get specific info, such as ā€œAdmissions going out Wednesday at 3:00pmā€ but you will get things such as ā€œadmissions going out this weekā€. Some like it because the info is coming direct from TAMU, even though it is not specific.

If you want to read last years post of the play by play, and how the rolling admissions played out, start with post #97 http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1800344-class-of-2020-admission-status-p7.html

Applicants offered other pathways, BlinnTeam, Galveston Engineering, Blinn Engineering Academy, didnā€™t hear until February.

Last year I believe the 1st round of acceptances didnā€™t occur until around 9/19 or so. Also it will depend on what major you applied for. Engineering students will find out if they are accepted soon I suspect to the university but not their major (Gen Engineering) until early December.

Good point, @TxSker
Engineering acceptances will be handled differently than in years past. So, it behooves all of you engineering applicants to post your application date, auto admit/academic admit/review admission candidate, stats and date your received your admissions decision to university and major, so the class of 2022 will have a baseline to look at next year.

@Thelma2 I wonder how/if engineering applicants will be notified of acceptance into the school (if an auto or academic admit) with the rest of the acceptances that go out in a week or so or if they will hold off until early December when first round of acceptances to Dwight Look go out? Anyone hear?

When did you apply: 8/3/16
When did you get your UIN: 8/9/16
When did you receive your admission decision: Awaiting Decision
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Mays Business School/Gen Business
Did you get in: TBD
Honors program: No
Class Rank: Top 15%
SAT (old): 1360 -670 Math, 690 Verbal

I have a question if anyone might be able to answer it. So I finished my colleges applications before school started but since my senior year has started Iā€™ve joined 2 honor societies and become a rotary scholar. Iā€™m auto admit and my major is in liberal arts so I know those wonā€™t really effect that decision, but Iā€™m applying to the honors program and I know these awards/honors would look really good on my application. Is there any way I can ā€œaddā€ things to my application? I have already submitted a resume so I donā€™t know if thereā€™s a way I can delete it and add a new one? I donā€™t really want to upload an additional resume because thereā€™s no knowing which theyā€™ll look at and it might aggravate the admissions counselors. I know I could appeal but I donā€™t know if thatā€™s worth the hassle or time. Any suggestions as to what I should do? Should I just leave it and not worry about it?

Iā€™d call an admissions advisor and ask them how to handle it. You may be able to upload and addendum to your resume with new information.

Jillian0203 - This same thing happened when my son applied in 2014. He sent an email through AIS with the additional information and they updated his application. They said this can be done as long as it is before the closing of applications. Good job and good luck!

@kldm120 thank you so much! Do know if this same method works through UT Direct?

Iā€™m not sure about them. I would imagine if there is an area to track to your application/decision and a way to upload information it is possibleā€¦ In the A&M one there is a way to email questions. You may just want to call admissions I have found the them very helpful when Iā€™ve called with questions.

In the future, to keep this thread uncluttered for Admissions decisions results and to keep on topic of admission decision related material, please start a new thread relating to any other topic.

The first admissions decisions should be rolling out in the next few weeks and then come in waves, with a varying busy periods and crazy busy next February, if admissions holds to the same course it did the last two years, with the last of the decisions declared the 3rd Friday in February.

Thank You for understanding.

When did you apply: 08/02
When did you get your UIN: 08/09
When did you receive your admission decision: still waiting!
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: academic admit
Major/College of Choice: Mays business
Did you get in: awaiting decision
Honors program: probably
Class Rank: 88/698 (top 13%)
SAT: 1340 (new)
ACT: 31

When did you apply: 09/06
When did you get your UIN: 09/08
When did you receive your admission decision: Waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Homeschooled, so unsure
Major/College of Choice: Mays, Business Honors
Did you get in: Awaiting Decision
Honors program: Yes
Class Rank: N/A
SAT: 2190 old 1470 new
ACT: 30 (retaking it two days, this was a freshman score)

A&M Admissions answered my question on Twitter that they expect the first round of decision letters to go out sometime in the next two weeks.

When did you apply: 08/17
When did you get your UIN: 08/24
When did you receive your admission decision: In Review
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Academic
Major/College of Choice: Did you get in: Dwight Look/Civil Engineering
Honors program: Maybe
Class Rank: 11%/GPA 3.82
SAT: 1410
ACT: Took ACT on 10/10

When did you apply: 08/01
When did you get your UIN: 08/12
When did you receive your admission decision: still waiting!
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: academic admit
Major/College of Choice: Dwight Look Engineering
Did you get in: awaiting decision
Honors program: probably
Class Rank: No Rank
SAT: 1500 (OLD)

So will the first acceptances for the class of 2021 be going out this week or next week? Anyone heard anything definitive?

@TxSker on Wednesday my school counselor said that the first wave of A&M and UTā€™s acceptances would go out in the next couple of days. Based on when they came out last year and the year before, iā€™m thinking that it will probably be tomorrow that the first round will go out.