TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

Would y’all say it’s easier/better to receive Gateway or Blinn TEAM?
I’ve been accepted into my major(Dance Science), but I haven’t heard from the actual school acceptance yet. So I guess my question is: If you receive Gateway, will your major for the fall change to general studies as well or will it only be for the summer? I just have a weird and unique situation. :confused:

Anyone else heard that all decisions should be in by feb 11? That’s what I heard from multiple sources. It’s because of aggieland Saturday. But It’s rolling admissions and I applied in early October so idk…

@warrior101x I have heard that too. I applied August 2 and I haven’t heard anything yet either. I’m hoping that knowing by Feb.11 is true. If it is, we should know either a few days leading up to the 11th, on that day, or a few days after. This is what I’ve concluded from a few people.

@Bree98 and @warrior101x , I personally spoke with an admissions rep who said that their goal is that all decisions will be out in time for everyone to attend Aggieland Sat.

Is that for transfer applicants as well or just freshman?

I’m assuming it’s for freshman. He didn’t differentiate, but we were speaking about my high school senior.

@kaydeeloo Thank you!! :slight_smile:

I got Gateway today!
Howdy changed from three tabs to 6 and my major changed saying Summer 2017 on my AIS
Here are my stats:
When did you apply:8/13/16
When did you get your UIN: 8/17/16
When did you receive your admission decision: 2/3/2017
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Meteorology
Did you get in: Yes (major changed to General Studies because of Gateway)
GPA: 3.75
Class Rank: school does not rank
SAT: 1110
I wrote all three essays and had over 100+ hours for community service
Hoping to give some others hope with stats like mine!

If we don’t hear anything by 5:00 today should I stop looking until Monday??

^I’ve always wondered that myself. Because do Howdy accounts or AIS update over the weekends?

Per Aggie Chat- AIS will update as soon as a decision is made on your application or when a document has finsished processing. We are not in the office over the weekend, so it will not update then

We are losing our minds waiting for our decision. My daughter is top 11% of her class. Unfortunately her SAT scores were low at 1240. She has tons of volunteer hours, is in NHS, is heavily involved in FFA - shows animals, on livestock judging team, chapter conducting team, has been an officer for two years, and has had a job for four years.She did everything extra requested - all three essays, sent a separate resume, etc. We have seen other classmates that were review admits with lower class rank and fewer extra curriculars get admitted. If she doesn’t get in she will be devastated. Should we still have hope? I’m starting to lose it but she is staying string. She checks her application status obsessively during the day but she did not know to check the howdy page. I’m losing my warm and fuzzy feeling towards my alma mater because this waiting is starting to give me an ulcer!!!

I just found this direct quote from TAMUAdmissions on TexAgs from 8/2016: "AIS updates overnight with work Admissions has done the workday before. Since transfer decisions are made by the academic department involved, the timeline can vary widely. " – I’m thinking that Howdy might update in real time, when they make the change, and then AIS picks it up over night.

Is it time to give up hope on TAMU Mays School of Business? S applied on Aug. 4th. His scores are soooo close(1350 and 25.7%), very competitive hs, varsity sport, Accounting UIL, job, Eagle Scout, resume, letters, visits… No changes in Howdy. Surely he would have been accepted by now with such an early application date? Way back in August he indicated he wouldn’t be open to any acceptance other than TAMU-CS, was that a mistake? Do you think my other two kids being accepted there and turning it down had anything to do with it?

@tessty I’m in the same situation as your son…1310 sat, top quarter (don’t have a class rank, so automatically given top quarter), 4.0 unweighted GPA (4.3 weighted), started my own business in 2015 (generates revenue), and 190+ service hours. I applied in August as well and was so impatient back in December, so I called multiple times and finally got a woman to to tell me that applying early as a review applicant does not matter (you have the same chance of getting in whether you apply in Aug or on Dec 1st). She said that for the business school, they first admit auto & academic admits and once they’re done with those, they go select review…so the rest of us will hear back in the next week or so :confused:

@mollykdolan Well, thanks, that actually makes me feel a little better, though I wish I had known then what I know now!

@ebetdear I know the feeling. My hubby is an Aggie from B/CS and my in-laws still live there. Our oldest has 3.96 unweighted GPA, taken 5 college courses with 3.8 GPA and got 36 on ACT English and Science and 33 on Reading. Still waiting for review and my Aggie hubby says if he doesn’t get accepted, he wouldn’t want our son going there anyway.

After seeing the young lady break down in tears upon recieving her acceptance on the A&M site, I wonder how we as parents will do when that moment comes. We’ve been at this since Aug 8th. Good luck to the applicants and good luck to all parents. This has all been alot harder than I would have predicted or can remember.

Just got offered PSA. Really disappointed I didn’t even get offered BlinnTEAM/Engineering Academy.

Stats:
SAT: 1200 New
5 AP Courses
3 essays
Good recommendations
President of a club and involved in many others.
50+ hours of service.
Visited campus.

It is official, offered Gateway! So excited to have all 3 children as Aggies:)