TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

What is your GPA?

What is your gpa texasstudent44?

Its hard to wait but we need to remember that review applications werenā€™t in review till after the due date (Dec 8th) and there is also the Christmas break in that as wellā€¦if you look at the big picture itā€™s less than two mos in review. Itā€™s hard when youā€™re like us and submitted the application in September.

@TAMUMOM72 3.3 UW, 4.0 W

@aggie88 CONGRATS!!!

@mollykdolan Wishing you the best of luck. Just wondering if you talked to your regional admissions counselor or someone in admissions at College Station? Thanks!

@dptxag I was able to get an appointment with an admissions counselor/advisor who was the expert on Mayā€™s Business school (I have her name saved somewhere, I just canā€™t remember it at the moment). I tried to get an appointment with a advisor within the actual business school, however, I found out that they wonā€™t meet with any prospective students because theyā€™re too busy with current students :confused: Anyways, she was super helpful and answered all of my questions, but I also received good information from phone calls to the admissions office.

Hereā€™s a run down on information I received from the visit:
When I met with her (in October), I told her all about my application (my stats, resume, etc) and she looked me up in their system and said, in almost an excited way, that Iā€™d been reviewed (I kinda got the impression that she doesnā€™t normally tell people that, but I didnā€™t want to read into it too much) and she told me that the earliest a review applicant will hear back is Dec (they like to wait to see if anything changes with scores, grades, rank). Anyways, as said, Iā€™m still waiting to hear back. I emailed her a week or two ago, to see if she could share any info on how my application process was going or if Mayā€™s was full, and she didnā€™t really give me any info. All she said was that my application is in itā€™s final review stages and that I should hear back in the next couple of weeks (which is just a generic thing to say, considering final wave of admissions is next week)ā€¦also didnā€™t make sense because I was already informed that Iā€™d been reviewed (and how in the world could it take 6 months to review my app and only a few weeks for others)

I get the impression that they do go through review apps along the way, but put us last to fill in the final spots (so donā€™t feel like you werenā€™t looked at back when you applied). Really hoping I get inā€“my two older sisters are current students at TAMU, so everyone in my family is dying to get an update

@mollykdolan Itā€™s funny how this site can make us start caring about complete strangers. Iā€™ve been watching your story unfold, along with so many others, and Iā€™m pulling for you! I can only imagine how hard the waiting is for you. Hang in there, honey!!

@rvhappynow Aw thank you so much!

and it would be cool if all the kids on here get together on campus once they all get accepted!

^okay im totally up for that

@gogogogobruins I totally had that thought! Or, Aggiland Saturday if attending. LOL! We canā€™t make our final decision until we know about final financial aid decisions, but weā€™re holding out hope!!

Ugh. I hate when I misspell and donā€™t catch it. Aggieland. :stuck_out_tongue:

Posting for my Son

Review
Class rank 12% 71/591
New SAT: 1340(670 M/670 CR-W)
Major: Wildlife Fisheries- College of Agriculture
ECā€™s: Lots of soccer, NHS, AP credit and scholar, church volunteer activities(Average overall)

He feels very confident, his mother and I not so much. Full admit would be nice but Blinn Team will work.

Good Luck to all

@cable0790 your son has a great shot. Decent rank, good SAT score and not too hard of a major. He has a good shot.

Multiple people have said this but you never know. Hopefully your right and weā€™ll hear positive news soon.

Fingers crossed for yā€™all! I have similar stats except slightly better test scores and ECā€™s and applied for business. So we will see!

@warrior101x
What do you think about our sonā€™s chances?

Review admit
Applied: Nov 30
UIN: Dec 2
ACT: 33 composite
36 English and Science
33 Reading
26 Math
GPA: 3.96 UW
Major: History

5 courses dual enrollment at nearby college GPA:3.8
Tennessee Governors School of International studies
6 years competitive fencing

Wants to be in the Corps and attended SNWC

@rvhappynow Me too! Iā€™m pulling for so many here on these pages. I just want EVERYONE to get in!!
After reading through last year post, Iā€™ve wondered how they are all doing in their colleges. I clearly have too much time my handsā€¦

Applied in October and just got full admission!

Review applicant
SAT: 1080
Gpa: 3.1
ECs: Not much, was in ping pong club freshmen year.

I take AP English.

I think I wrote some pretty decent essays.
Good luck to everyone else!