TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

@katytxaggie congrats!!!
@MTLWGN you might want to call admissions and talk to them. It might be a simple mistake. Before app was complete my son’s AIS said “transcript from xxx school” missing. We had never even heard of that school. So I googled and found out that it was a private school for autistic kids out in Connecticut! I don’t know how they made that error but I called 3 times before it got corrected! Lots of apps, mistakes happen!

@blonde1999 no he hasn’t heard anything from A&M yet. he was admitted to Baylor and Purdue in Nov/Dec. He was happy about those but A&M is 1st choice, and he would also be happy with UT. He is excited about Purdue too, but it’s just so far away and more expensive.
@AGmomx2 thx for the response! good to hear about math, assuming he is offered admission! I really hope he will be, because if he doesn’t get in or gets Blinn team he wants to go to Purdue where he has full admission. We haven’t heard about scholarship or aid package yet from Purdue, but based on full costs and travel it’s almost double the cost of A&M because of being out of state for us. Do you know if they consider the requested majors of the remaining review candidates to fill the open spots, by chance?

@2TXkids I was told they do not look at majors. I asked Admissions this morning. However, I still have a hard time believing that they don’t consider it AT ALL.
It’s very possible that they could determine review candidates by their app first, and then check for major availability.

@katytxaggie Congratulations!!! Out of curiosity, when is the last time you checked it? I’m wondering if they’ve started issuing decisions this week, or if they’re leftover from last week’s admissions that didn’t get checked until today.

Question!

If I have a few typos on my app, do you think that will hinder my admission decision?
I accidentally put one of my summer dancing hours in in my activities section AND in my summer section. I had filled it out before realizing that there was a summer activities section and had to go back and delete them. I guess I missed one!
I also spelled NSH instead of NHS…my essays had some weird spacing too due to when I copy and pasted it.
Nothin major by any means, but I’m a perfectionist and it bugs me…

@kaydeeloo This morning at 7am it hadn’t changed but it did by 9:30 this morning. For the last 2 days AIS said she was in review however it did have her major changed to General studies and it listed blinn fall 2017

We’re in Blinn TEAM! Just got status change to: “You’ve Been Admitted to Blinn TEAM!”

What a relief to finally have certainty!

Congratulations! If you didn’t check Blinn Team on application will they still potentially offer it to you?

@MTLWGN The same thing happened to my son in December. He went from 3 tabs to 6 in Howdy and his first major choice changed to his second. Let me know if you find out anything or if this was just a glitch in the system. I did contact Admissions a while back and mentioned it but the gal I spoke to didn’t really have a response. I shouldn’t have said anything to my son at the time as it only got his hopes up. :frowning:

@ebetdear You can’t apply to Blinn Team- they offer it to you as an alternate way to get in. My son was a Mays 1st choice but got this instead. He’s going to have to bust his tail and get a 3.5 overall by Sophomore year but i think he can do it.

For those of you that were offered Blinn Team, please share your stats and major. Thanks!

For anyone applying to Mays business, I just spoke with someone from admissions this morning, and she informed me that Mays is full

For those who have received Blinn Team admissions, there are several “Pathway Agreements” which allow direct entry if established criteria are met.
http://blinnteam.tamu.edu/AdmissionAgreements.aspx

@ebetdear you should call and ask that question if your decision is still pending and you would like to be in the BT pool.

I just called. They said you did not have to check box to be offered Blinn Team. They said they usually target Valentine’s Day to get the first class acceptance out but they are trying for this weekend. She said it will show up on AIS before Howdy and that it is only updates once daily so no need to check all through the day. She just didn’t know what time it updates.

@mollykdolan Sorry to hear Mays is full. My son had applied engineering, but has since found he is leaning towards a business degree. He was accepted to TAMU engineering through the Galveston first year. He is still deciding. But, he has offers to OU, Purdue and OSU in business. He doesn’t want to pick a different major at TAMU and try to transfer to Mays (too much stress for him). I know you really want to be an Aggie. I hope you still get in Mays. I assume there will be students that decide to go elsewhere, and I hope you get one of those slots!!

@dptxag Thank you! I’m hoping that maybe a spot will open up, but the girl on the phone was really confident in that it was full. I asked her if that would change and she said no, but who knows. There’s just so many complications with me trying to transfer or switch majors to business, so this is my only shot at their business school. I can’t change majors (if I get my second choice, COMM) because in order to transfer into Mays, you have to have 30 hrs of TAMU classes, but no more than 60 college credit hours total, and I’ve already taken a ton of dual credit classes-I will have 45hrs at the end of this semester (if I had to take 30 at A&M, that would leave me with 75 which is over the max). And I also marked on my application that I didn’t want Blinn. I may go down there this weekend and try and talk with someone…everyone I’ve told is really shocked that this happened

I don’t remember ever seeing any option or place to say we did or did not want Blinn. Everything I’ve been told is that you get it or don’t get it, but there’s no applying/selecting/de-selecting. – I’ve also heard that spots don’t “open back up”, because they make the offers knowing that some won’t come and that lower number is their target number anyway. I’m not sure if this is right or wrong.

There was either a drop box or a check box on the Apply Texas application and it said, do you want to be considered for Blinn or would you accept a Blinn offer (something like that), so I said no @kaydeeloo

@mollykdolan you’re absolutely right. I just went back and checked on ApplyTexas, my son checked yes:

Texas A&M University receives more applications from high achieving, academically prepared applicants than we can accommodate in the freshman class. As a result, we have established a collaborative, co-enrollment partnership between Texas A&M and Blinn College. Each year, this program allows the admission of hundreds of academically prepared students into the Texas A&M freshman class than otherwise would have been possible due to enrollment limitations. Participating students are enrolled at Texas A&M and enjoy most of the privileges afforded a Texas A&M student. Visit BlinnTEAM for more information. This question is intended to gauge applicants’ interest in BlinnTEAM. Be assured all applicants will be given maximum consideration for full admission prior to being considered for BlinnTEAM. Please indicate your interest in BlinnTEAM below.

X yes, I am interested
no, I am not interested
not sure at this time