TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

@meastwood I don’t know much personally about agriculture majors. your SAT is about average. Not taking the ACT might hurt you. FFA will help you big time as will your job experience. You definitely have a shot though!

@MTLWGN @aggiepc Same thing happened to the Howdy tabs for my daughter in December. Went from 3 to 6 and back to 3 a two days later.
Tried calling admissions and couldn’t get a straight answer as to why that happened. App still shows as under review. Certainly seems like a black box process.

Anyone have updates or changes in Howdy or AIS this morning? No change here yet.

@AggieMomfor2 Nothing here. I wonder what the process is at this point, are they going alphabetical, or by time submitted? My D submitted in Oct and her last name starts with a S.

Nothing here. My son submitted Sep 1, last name begins with D. – The way I imagine it is happening is this: they’ve got them all sorted from high to low. They know what they want to do with the high and they know about the low, but they’re arranging us that are in the middle. Who knows though?!

Nothing as of last night.

@kaydeeloo that makes sense. I have only seen a handful of PSA but not any denials, ofcourse we are only getting a small sampling on this forum.

No news yet. D applied the last week of Sept. Last name starts with a “C.”

Last name is P…

I’m pretty average too so, I feel like that’s accurate. The only thing that makes me stand out is that I’m a dancer and I’m in the dance program…hopefully that’ll work out in my favor.

Also if your major is filled. They’re looking at that for sure because my friend applied for Mays and just got Blinn TEAM yesterday

I don’t know if they flat out deny. Most “denials” get PSA from what I hear. My guess is they put all in low to high. Then lows get PSA. Others are on hold until all Academic admit and 10% admits are done. Then they’ll see how many spots are left. THEN the rest of us will hear from them starting at the top.

@Bree98 I talked to someone and business isn’t full. It might be filling up but she said that it’s not just full to where they won’t add anyone else.

I applied business and really don’t want to go to blinn. Maybe I’ll get my second choice major

We haven’t heard today either.
Friend heard she got in A&M yesterday.

I understand that decisions are made for Engineering and Business first, then other colleges follow. Has anyone heard from Construction Science or the the college of Architecture?

@warrior101x When did you call and hear that? After my first call, I decided to get a second opinion/confirmation to see if it was really full and to check on my second major (communication), and got the same, confident response, that yes Mays was full. He didn’t even give me the slightest hope that it would possibly have a spot or two, due to someone not accepting the offer (I asked as many ways as I could). However, I did find out that communication is still open for spots.

Is anyone else’s Howdy acting up? It’s been difficult to get in for me lately. My boyfriend keeps saying, “That means it’s changing!” In a joking matter, but now I’m wondering if it actually is??

I had that happen to me earlier in the week and I hoped for the same thing. No such luck though. Mine is fine today.

no news yet. D applied in Sept. last name starts with Z.

@mollykdolan from a friend who knows someone in admission. My source probably isn’t as good as yours. Should we try to switch our majors now so that we have a better chance at full admission? I’d rather get full admission into my second choice major than blinn team for business…