TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

Looks like Aggie Bound on Twitter is saying that first round of decisions will be mailed out within the next two weeks so looks like it could be a little later than usual this year.

https://twitter.com/Aggie_Bound/status/776448447612354560

When did you apply: 8/24
When did you get your UIN: 8/29
When did you receive your admission decision: TBD
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Auto Admit
Major/College of Choice: Did you get in: Mays Busn - TBD
Honors program: not sure
Class Rank: top 10%

When my son applied on August 24th we called Admissions and they said he’d hear by the end of September.

Good luck everyone! :slight_smile:

When did you apply: 8/1
When did you get your UIN: 8/9
When did you receive your admission decision:TBD
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Dwight Look Engineering
Did you get in: awaiting decision
Honors program: probably
Class Rank: top 25% ha ha ha…
SAT: 1420 (NEW)

Question: Is AIS supposed to show whether or not you’re academic admit?
Thanks in advance~

Well things are changing in AIS and Howdy. Son is applying to COE with MEEN and AERO as his majors of choice.

AIS: First choice major has now changed to Major: Engineering Review, College: UN, Degree: BAC

Howdy: Now have 6 tabs: Home, Applicant, My Record, My Finances, Student Life and My Howdy. Under Applicant > Manage your Applications major was changed from MEEN to UNEN (I assume Undeclared Engineering) Application Status: Under Review, Level: Undergraduate, Major: UNEN, Program: BAC-UNEN

My son is an academic admit so I assume this means he has been accepted into the university and is now in the new engineering holistic review process.

My howdy just updated! I have 6 tabs now. I am automatic so hopefully this means that the first round of auto acceptances are coming in the next few days.

My son has six tabs now, too! Does anyone know where on site you watch for acceptance?

I’d say that you should keep an eye on Howdy. That will definitely have the decision. I have six tabs now too so that is exciting!

This is getting exciting! Here’s the info for my son. We are out of state - Colorado

When did you apply: 8/5
When did you get your UIN: 8/12
When did you receive your admission decision: Waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Academic
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering
Did you get in: Waiting
Honors program: maybe
Class Rank: school doesn’t rank
ACT: 33

INSTATE

When did you apply: 09/12
When did you get your UIN: 09/14
When did you receive your admission decision: still waiting!
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: PETE
Did you get in: awaiting decision
Honors program: probably
Class Rank: 4/524
SAT: 2190 (Old)
ACT: 34

For the Engineering Honors program, has anyone been able to access the application yet? Or do you have to wait until acceptance first? My daughter’s status says “Engineering Review” at the top now.

I’m having trouble embedding the tweet, so just cut and pasted… On Aggiebound Twitter:

As of today, the first round of acceptance letters (more than 2,000) are on their way to #TAMU21!

https://twitter.com/Aggie_Bound/status/778308659126345728

Has anyone’s AIS or Howdy status changed?

Not yet…

@Jillian0203 No change so far…I asked on Twitter if they will update the status or if the letters are expected to arrive first. No answer yet

Got Admitted to my first choice

@NotSoPatient - That’s brilliant! ^:)^

@Ven1999 - What was your first choice? Congratulations!!

PETE

@Tsker Thanks