TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

@neighbor64 End of this month???..I…JUST…CAN’T.

@Thelma2 - Thank you so much for this! VERY helpful!

Kind of off-topic question, but as an out of state mom, I’m noticing so many Texas students post SAT and not ACT. Does Texas tend to prefer one over the other? I’m just really curious!

@rvhappynow – they don’t care either way. My ACT kid was accepted.

Very wise choice to retake the SAT. He has a great score but trust me go for the Academic Auto Admit and save your sanity!

@Bree98 I also have a low ACT score and I hope it doesn’t affect my chances too much, but I haven’t heard back yet :-S

@marooncrew - Thanks so much for the insight. This is very helpful. As this is the Admission Decisions thread, I am going to start a new thread on this topic.

Per Admissions office phone call today: Out of 42,000 applicants: 1,000 have gotten/will get Blinn Team, 11,000 have been/ will be denied.

Panhellenic: Last year 150 Blinn Team girls went through rush and 70% got bids. Key is to keep an open mind and do not go through with specific expectations.

I don’t suppose they told you how many of the approximate 11,000 denials have already gone out did they?

11,000 denied? Admission office actually admitted to that? If hat is the case I’m sure many of those denied wouldbget PSA.

Do you feel a high gpa and several clubs/Community service hours help Blinn Team girls during rush? The stats on many Blinn Team students this year seem so impressive.

My daughter (ACT 28) was initially accepted to Blinn Team and did it for a year, and is now preparing to graduate cum laude from A&M in May (Psychology major). I would urge anyone accepted to Blinn to accept the offer enthusiastically!

Our son has 33 ACT and 3.96 GPA (only B came from his college class where the professor was a communist. In cultural geography class she taught USSR was great until communism fell!). You’d think he’d at least get Blinn option, right?

@gogogogobruins is he in the top quarter of his class?

@gogogogobruins – is that weighted or unweighted GPA? Huge difference! (Forgive me if I asked that before but I can’t remember the answer.)

@GigemMom yes.

@carachel2 unweighted. He’s taken several AP courses and 5 dual enrollment courses.

@gogogogobruins – I find it very puzzling he has not yet been admitted!

@gogogogobruins Out of state?

@gogogogobruins have you called to ask about his application? I would suggest you inquire about what is on file & verify that they have his score & rank. I’m pretty sure you said there was an error on his info. early on, that would warrant a check up to make sure. It won’t hurt his chances, could only possibly help at this point.

@kaydeeloo yup. Out of state. Ironic because my husband grew up in Bryan and went to A&M. His grandfather worked at A&M and he’s a 5th generation Texan. So even though we’ve lived in Tennessee for 5?years, every time people asks where we are from he answers “Texas.”