TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

@Bree98 OMG I am so happy someone has gotten in even though it’s not me. You give me hope! CONGRATS!

Hello Aggiegirl3305. Yes, hers changed to 6 tabs when accepted to Galveston. I hope you get into CS too!

I can’t deal with all this waiting

@Bree98 Congrats! Can I ask when you applied?

I just want to clarify. My daughter wasn’t “harrassed.” There were just times that negative connontations were made towards Blinn Team students. She LOVES A&M and is about to graduate, but it is insane that there would be any stigma because Blinn Team students are extremely intelliigent, high scoring applicants!! Most received multiple offers from many great colleges. I just was surprised by some of the comments about Blinn students. Even from parents. When we went to NSC, parents even asked me, was she a full-admit? Like it mattered. Anyway, I am just being honest and telling you the experiences we have had, but it has been overall great and we love A&M! I think TEAM is a great option and would take it for sure! I am just saying with our previous experiences, I would probably encourage my daughter to go to Galveston over TEAM. But, that is just me :slight_smile: Good luck to everyone!!
As for the questions about Galveston and the 6 tabs, yes, my daughter got 6 tabs back in December.

My son put Technology Management as his second choice major but I just read that major does NOT consider second choice majors! Is that just for transfer students or should he quickly change his second choice?!

I would call admissions before making a decision like that. I hope your son gets in! :slight_smile:

@tamuwaiting I applied August 2!

@Stressball23 it was difficult at some moments, but I made it! That’s part of the reason why I am too 12% instead of top 10. I used to be my sophomore year, but junior year was my hardest year for dance AND school.

@aggiemomhopeful does the tab under stufsent life also have info about CSTAT or just Galveston? Mine has both so I’m not sure what that means!

Does anyone know if they go by UIN #, date applied, majors or last name when reviewing the applications?

congrats @Bree98 !!! i’m starting to lose hope. we did apply late, but I thought with his scores, he had a pretty good chance. I hope he at least gets Blinn… But with full ride from other colleges, I’m tempted to send them for free for one year and then have him apply again as a transfer.

having said all that… still 3 tabs…

i am OOS, just checked my portal. was denied admission to college station, but they offered me the option to attend one of their branch schools for a year and then be admitted into college station. not sure if i should consider this.

@nnk123 I’m sorry to hear :frowning: where are you from? we are out of state as well and still waiting for a decision. if you don’t mind, what was your stat? we’re hoping to at least get Blinn.

@gogogogobruins - Does your son have a full ride to University of Alabama?

@gogogogobruins

from NY area…

GPA 3.9/4
SAT: 1210
Honors/AP spanish, psychology, and english classes

solid grades all around
Lots of extra activities, lots of community service, NHS, etc.
multiple awards, honors
solid essay and recs

Did he apply for business

Son’s info:

When did you apply:November 1, 2016
When did you get your UIN: a couple of days later
When did you receive your admission decision: Before Thanksgiving
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Did you get in: Admitted to Mays
Honors program: received the big rejection letter
Class Rank: Non ranking school - A&M slotted him in the top quarter (lots of Texas applicants from his school)
SAT:1480 (new)
ACT:33

@onelasttime2021 did he get in

@nnk123 wow. that’s crazy. i’m not familiar with SAT scores because ACT is more popular in our neck of woods (we’re in Tennessee). but our son got 33 on ACT and has 3.96 unweighted GPA. still haven’t heard. it does seem like it’s harder for out of state.