TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

@gogogogobruins definitely harder, but sure your son has a better chance! maybe have him check his acc today, good luck!

@nnk123 - Yes, he was very fortunate and did get into the Mays program.

@onelasttime2021 awesome, congrats

@onelasttime2021 - did you apply to BHP or University honors? If BHP, the admission rate is usually about 12% of qualified applicants. There is a second chance after first semester for entrance into BHP - if your student is still wanting to be reviewed for a chance to get in ( that is the only other time they admit to BHP) I would encourage them to join a group on campus & get stellar grades for best chances of getting in. Most BHP students are members of other groups on campus in leadership positions (various groups depending on their interests).

@AGmomx2 - I think it was BHP. We knew it was a LONG SHOT because he just didnā€™t have the extra curriculars to back up the application. Good to know about the BHP, second application process. Sounds like an amazing group of very talented students!

Does anyone know what happens if you are accepted through Gateway but fail to meet the requirements after the two semester deadline? Iā€™m thinking this means that if you donā€™t meet the requirements for transitioning to full acceptance, you canā€™t enroll for the Spring semester at A&M. Thus, your options would be to skip Spring semester or attend a junior college like Blinn. Does that sound right? Does anyone know what percentage of Gateway students fail to meet the requirements to gain full acceptance?

AIS for D just updated. Sheā€™s been offered PSA. Howdy has not updated, still shows ā€œIn Review.ā€

Iā€™m sorry she did not get full acceptance like she wanted @DocCope. But at least she finally has an answer and can move on with her decision-making. My D is still waiting to hear. Applied in early August.

AIS will update before Howdy, with official decision.

@DocCope - What were her stats?

@onelasttime2021 he kept getting letters from them but we never applied. weā€™re in Tennessee :slight_smile: hubby is an Aggie. i donā€™t think thereā€™s any chance our kids could go to other SEC school. lol.

Lolā€¦keeping peace in the family is always a great thing! Take care and I am certain your son will be successful wherever he attends!

So does howdy update in real time or does AIS?

My portal just updated about an hour ago and I was admitted into Gateway!
Applied: 10/2/16
SAT: 1230
GPA: 4.2
HS: Private and Non ranking
OOS from Maryland

I am also from Maryland with similar stats. What was your major?

Accepted OOS studentsā€¦please do some research on the tuition increase the Board of Regents approved for incoming OOS students. Iā€™m not 100% sure if itā€™s for 2017 but it would raise tuition about $6000 a year! I donā€™t want anyone to be blindsided in the fall. I know this is the wrong forum but want to get the info out there.

Hereā€™s the link for OOS tuition increase http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Texas-AM-Board-of-Regents-approve-tuition-hike-for-out-of-state-students-413331843.html

I got six tabs!!! It wasnā€™t changed at 4am, changed by 7am. When I went to sign up for Housing, it says this: ā€¢The application process is not currently available to you. ā€“ Has anyone else seen this? Is it full, or is it just me??

Hi Anneclaire, I was interested in your post. First, congrats on your acceptance. My has an ACT score of 26 and weighted GPA of 4.3. We are from Texas, and he applied Oct. 4th. Maybe he still has a chance. What do you think?

@kaydeeloo
The housing function may not be available to you just yet. Though you received more tabs in Howdy, your son hasnā€™t been formally accepted yet. With these changes, perhaps it will come soon. Good Luck!!

The day the housing contract is submitted and housing and application fee is paid, establishes a priority date. Since housing has not been officially assigned/chosen, it should still allow you to apply.