TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

@gogogogobruins @blonde1999 @Stressball23 I know, I know… this process!!! Ughhhh. I have a mental list of you guys that my heart is truly with. I’m rooting for you all. What an agonizing process this has been. My son had a great plan B that he was going to probably love, but it wasn’t his first choice.

Oh @gogogogobruins I just saw your second message. My son did SNWC too and was hooked. Your kiddo sounds amazing. Keep the faith and -WOW- blessings to you, your son, your baby and whole family!!!

Ok guys I just got off of the phone with admissions. If you applied to mays and have not heard back yet, you will not get into mays. They said it is already full and was full a long time ago. Now, if you’d rather have full admission to your second choice major before they just give you blinn team, youre in luck. They said that If your first choice major is full, they automatically review you for your second choice major next. They don’t just throw you in blinn or give you PSA because your major is full. Anyone have any questions?

I wonder if it is a bad idea to change majors at this point?

She said she wouldn’t recommend it. So i’m not gonna mess with it. Has anyone else heard that it really might be early to mid march before we hear back…???

one of the corps recruiting officer said that last year they were done notifying by late February so they expect that to be the case this year… I hope that IS the case bc I need to get this behind me and start getting our next child ready for college application! LOL.

@warrior101x thanks for the information. Glad to know they will “automatically review FOR your second major”. So much for what is stated in their material… “admission decisions are not based on major selection”!

Anyone heard anything or have any ideas of WHEN we will find out at the latest?? Ive been told by tomorrow, ive been told by late February, then march 1, then mid march. I can’t wait till mid march…

@tamu2021 confused by your reply… I think Warrior101x has suggested that your review is based on your major selection - that has never been the case for freshman (only for transfers). What you read from the university IS correct.

@AGmomx2 is right. They still admit you based on your stats, not based on major. But they would look at putting you into your second choice before looking to put you in blinn IF your major is full.

@AGmomx2; @warrior101x
I misunderstood, i thought you were saying admissions will review you based on your second choice.

It states “if the first-choice major is available at the time of admission, the student will be placed in that major. if not, the second choice major will be considered. if both majors are full, the student may choose another major at Texas A&M”. So i wonder, has anyone been told they are full admits but they just need to pick another major?

My s did not put down a second major ( only business) because he got a great offer from an excellent college and was accepted in August. He decided to apply to A&M in October because of his friends-they got him really excited about A&M. What do they do if you do not have a second choice?

If you are accepted, then they will give you the option to pick an open major and/or another admission alternative that they select.

Wow, you are good. How did you know that fact?

@footballgo1 I would call admissions office. If he’s admitted it would save them the trouble of inquiring of a second choice. you can still change/add major selection on his AIS page. someone mentioned that admissions suggested not messing with it at this point, but that was an answer to us (mays applicants) who were wondering if we should put in a new 1st choice and another 2nd choice, now that Mays is full.

good to know. our son didn’t pick a second major either.

when my hubby went to A&M in early 80s, he doesn’t even remember applying. lol. times have changed!

I read about a " Blinn Team" program that is a “Pathway to Business” that allows the student to enter into Mays after completion. Does any one know about it? Has anyone accepted it?

@tamu2021 Hmmm… interesting. Do you mean I should call today or wait until he gets a response on AIS besides “Being in Review”? Also, it sounds like he should add a second choice. Is that right?

@footballgo1 I would call today. It never hurts to ask! I think what they don’t want is for us to start changing our first choice. But i would definitely ask them if you should add a second. It won’t be the first time they have gotten the question, i just don’t know the answer. Call them!! :slight_smile:

@tamu2021 Thanks for the encouragement! I appreciate it!! … I called the admissions office. The young lady was very pleasant, but she could only give me limited info. S does not need to change majors. He can, if he wants, but it does not seem very effective. If accepted, he will be given options to select from open majors. Also, she suggested to check the AIS status after 5:00pm on Fridays because that is when it will change.