TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

Y’all are awesome. We live an hour away and can’t attend tomorrow. Baseball game at 11. Booo!!!

We almost went but it’s a 15 hour drive with 4 kids including a 4 months old. So. We decided not to go

Here’s a tweet I found:

Aggiebound

Aggiebound

@rvhappynow I will be there tomorrow taking care of some business so do stick your son in that Aggie Please shirt and I’ll say hi and we can go have a margarita! Ha Ha

@kaydeeloo I just saw your post about the housing. My friend’s son who was offered Blinn Team last year was on the wait list, not even guaranteed housing and he got on campus in the commons. That said, his first roommate, that was assigned mid June, was a almost 21 year old. By the time they moved in, that roommate apparently didn’t want an 18 year old freshman roommate cuz he didn’t show up. So he went without a roommate for three weeks. Then, he got a roommate who didn’t come back after semester and now has a new one that is working out great!

Just checked AIS. Still no change. I guess I need to wait til NEXT Friday. :frowning:

In the past AIS updates daily, with the exception of the weekend. So you may not have to wait till then.

Sorry I don’t know why the tweet didn’t show up.
It said :
THE office of Admissions will continue making out decisions over the next two weeks. We appreciate your patience!

OK Thanks everyone. This thread has really been helpful. I appreciate all of you.

mailing out. Not making out. Ugh.

An electronic copy of your acceptance letter is in AIS. I’m on my phone, so I’m going from memory. At the top should be some tabs. Click on “my communication”. Then you will see a “my letters” tab. Click that and your letter will be there.

So is there even a small chance that AIS would change this weekend at all? Is it even worth checking over the next two days?

@warrior101x I asked the same question last Friday and got 2 conflicting answers. BUT I noticed that people posted both last Saturday and on Sunday that they saw changes in their status on those days. So I am going to keep checking but will likely try to limit myself to only every 30 minutes with yoga, meditation and tequila shots in between.

Did anyone hear anything after 5 last night? I was hoping with a Wildlife decision yesterday that Ag majors were being reviewed.

nope. Hoping for Monday at least… :slight_smile:

Checking howdy and AIS is like the eternal ground hog day. Living the same day over and over. Either that or we are in the line that doesn’t move while we watch others clear in their line. Can we get that admissions counselor?

Hopefully at Aggieland Saturday today they are honest and tell next years class it’s not really rolling admissions it’s more like random admissions. Good Luck!

Really no benefit as non engineer or business review canidate to apply early. I feel bad for pushing my son to get his app in ASAP. Part of me feels like he could tweaked it bit for a better chance. Who knows, we did know the chances for full admission as a review canidate were slim.

“A third of the freshman class (2020) came out of review”…this was said at a prospective student session earlier this year. :slight_smile:

@tamu2021 I’ll join you in tequila shots. Well we haven’t gotten denied yet. I guess we should stay positive and be patient…

Very good friend got Engineering at Galveston. We spoke to admissions while at Aggieland today and he can’t receive any other offer than that, no Blinn, PSA, just Galveston. But after seeing the presentation, I want to go there. LOL

I was told Engineering scholarships might not come out until May and those are mainly for NMF.

Corps scholarships wouldn’t confirm DS2 scholarship amount, just that since he received other university scholarships and DS1 received the Rudder, they like to spread it around. I wanted to remind him that I was paying 2 tuitions, but I just smiled and thanked him for the information.

I was hoping to see more acceptances. Fingers crossed for everyone!