TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

@tamu2021 @marooncrew I can totally relate. LOL My daughter and I went to Aggieland Saturday yesterday .We sat in on the Blinn Team presentation ( event though she has not been admitted ) and we both learned a lot. The most encouraging thing was that after the student has 24 hours they can start applying to their major to gain full admittance. This could be as short as one year if the student is going into their freshman year with dual credit hours. Also, that the students are welcomed in as an Aggie and have all of the privileges that a full admit would have. This was encouraging. We meet a mom and daughter there and the they had just found out that she got Blinn Team on 2/7 so they were super excited. The mom was familiar with the consent ā€œrefreshā€ button LOL The admissions guy that gave the presentation told us that they are pushing to get all of the decisions out within the next two weeks and that all 5 options are still on the table.

The campus was buzzing with students, parents and of course those cute Corps of Cadet members at every corner waiting to answer your questions. We were able to check out the Liberal Arts building and spoke to some of the advisors there. Everyone was super nice and just kept telling my daughter to hang in there. So the obsessive behavior will continue in the morning for me so I will keep you posted.

@tamuwaiting - thx for posting about the Blinn Team session. We couldnā€™t make it to that one trying to juggle Mays & Corps sessions.

I have a question for the veterans with kids in Mays. With Mays being so far away from the main campus, on the other side of the tracks, do kids who live on campus ride the bus to get there? There is no way to walk that distance and get to class on time! Thatā€™s not where the business school was back when I graduated in '91!

@tamuwaiting @3boysmom92, all, What is such a wonderful thing about A&M is that, as many times as you go back, that same friendliness will still be there. It really is an amazing place. Donā€™t ever appear lost on campus, unless you are up for meeting a lot of total strangers who will appoach you and are all to eager to help you find where you are going.

@3boysmom92 Would you share your experinece of the presentation on the Galveston threads? I have not personally seen it but I am a proponant of the program. Being so new, most donā€™t really understand what it is and how it works. I think what would be great is if it was a powerpoint presentation, that they put it on line. They did this for our NSC engineering advising session and it was a great help to go back to it for reference. As it gains maturity, I am sure it will more easily understood and accepted by applicants and parents.

In trying to find the numbers for the size of the incoming freshman 2020 class, I found the Summary for Fall 2016.Scroll to page 11 of the PDF (pg 3 of the document) for College Station Campus. https://dars.tamu.edu/Data-and-Reports/Student/files/EPFA16.aspx
Fall 2016 total enrollment for College Station was 48,346. 45,734 paid resident tuition. A difference of 2612. Of the 2612, 1362 paid not resident tuition and 1250 received tuition exemption waiver. 1727 were Non-Texas but US residents. 769 Non-Texas, Non US residents.
9696 students were first time in college, so that would be the 2016 entering freshman class I figure. So, if what @aggie88 was told is accurate, 3232 students were review applicants.
Page 16 of the pdf (pg 8 of document) has more CStat data. The individual schools at Cstat follow. Engineering is page 18 of the PDF (pg 10 of the document)

So for Engineering for example, there are 13,017 in the college of engineering. 3303 first time college (freshman) students were admitted. 333 first time transfers were admitted. 11,929 pay resident tuition. 493 pay non resident tuition and 595 have a tuition waiver. Unfortunately, it does not break down how many freshmen received the tuition waiver. Maybe there is a way to figure it if it were investigated more and more pages explored. I did not go through all 153 pages of the PDF.

Mays veteran parent hereā€¦ for the most part, your students are in on-campus housing just as freshmen. Theyā€™ll have courses all over campus. Bikes & skateboards are common, walking plus buses available. It depends on your schedule as to what youā€™ll do - exercise is sometimes a good thing combined with all you can eat Sbisa! The parking near Mays opens up to all passes after hours, there are also pay by the hour lots. Lots of options & it isnā€™t an issue to the students who attend.

Thanks, @AGmomx2 ! My S is hoping to be in the Corps of Cadets so he would be living on-campus all four years. I have never seen a corps member in uniform riding a bike or a skateboard (not sure they are allowed in uniform) so I am guessing there is bus service to take them there?

Still wondering what the reasoning is behind engineering @ Galveston students not being allowed to change majors to another college, that is open, in College Station. I understand that they were review students, but they are considered full admit, correct? Do all admitted students have a ā€œchange majorā€ option on Howdy?

Iā€™d given up checking but I just checked and we now have 6 tabs on Howdy! Nothing else changedā€¦ stay tunedā€¦

Our Howdy changed from 3 to 6 tabs today !!! We now have Home, Applicant, My Finances, My Record, My Howdy, and Student Life. For those of you who have gotten accepted is this the change you saw before your application changed? Is there anything within the Howdy portal that will indicate whether its a full admittance, Gateway or Blinn Team? The only thing I see in the Howdy is College Station option and Galveston options. Could she be offered Galveston?? She is an education major so I did not think it was possible to get offered Galveston. Excited but nervous, eeeekkkk!

What did she put as a second major?

@123vca She has education down for both (Interdisciplinary Studies).

My son has six tabs too!! He is Construction Science majorā€¦any others in that discipline? Application part says under review still. But the six tabs is the first step in the right direction.

Congrats to all those discovering six tabs today! Hoping for continued good news for all, be it admissions or scholarship hopes. <:-P

@addicted2MT our son wants to be in the Corps too! He wants to be in D-1. Hope they can meet on campus soon!

Congratulations to all with good news!!! Itā€™s evident that things are still rolling out, so hang in there, those who havenā€™t heard!

Yay for 6 tabs!!! Can yā€™all register for housing yet? Does it still say Fall Semester, or does it say Summer? Does your major refer to Blinn now?

Canā€™t register yet. And no AIS updates. It does say Fall and major still historyā€¦

Sounds like a full admit to me. I sent you a pm.

What six tabs would appear if I got them?

Home, Applicant, My Record, My Finances, Student Life, My Howdy