TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

Legacy used to be a positive thing, but then it changed. Of course, I didn’t know this when I advised my son to make a big deal about it in his application last year. Apparently, the review committee is sick of reading those legacy focused essays. My son was not admitted(great grades, EC’s but not so stellar ACT, 25) and got offered PSA. He is a transfer applicant this year and the waiting game continues!

In a more politically correct climate, legacies are considered “not cool” because they were more privileged than those whose parents didn’t even graduate from high school. Now they give more weight to those who are first generation college students. Still unfair I’d say. Legacy or not has nothing to do with the ability or accomplishments of the student.

Of course at A&M it doesn’t matter but at other schools, if you are a white male it’s harder to get in. Another issue that should t be taken into consideration. The kid couldn’t pick his race.

I’m a parent, and within Howdy, on the “Manage your Application” page, under “Active Applications,” the Major has changed to “TEAM” and the Program to “BAC-TEAM”.

Guessing this is likely a Blinn Team admission?

New to the forum, we have been waiting forever. Applied at 12:05 am on August 1st. My daughter has 29 ACT composite, 3.7 unweighted GPA, review admit, President of 2 organizations, volunteer hours, both parents A&M legacies, will graduate with over 40 dual credit/clep/AP hours, top quarter of class.But still we wait-applied to Liberal Arts-political science and international studies. Any reassurance for admission-we are next door in Louisiana… this is crazy waiting!!!

I know the wait is so hard! We are in Tennessee. Our son has 33 ACT and 3.96 GPA. He’s a history major and very very serious about history (looking to get a Ph. D eventually). We just heard today that he got in! So don’t lose hope! They ARE still sending out full admissions! :slight_smile:

@aggie95! Hi from Louisiana!! Hang in there, and good luck to you!!!

I’m from North Carolina , I’ve been keeping up for awhile with everyone while still waiting for my application decision , congrats to everyone who has got in, and good luck to everyone else !!

@rm1023 Sounds like Blinn Team to me! Congrats! When did that show up? Today?

@blonde1999 Yes, about 15 minutes before I posted! Nothing else has changed, so we’re tempering our excitement for now. :slight_smile:

My son too! But it says still under review.

Hello @rm1023, it does sound like Blinn Team. Is your son/daughter ok with Blinn? What are the stats: ACT, ranking , etc.? Curious and still waiting…

@footballgo1 Yes … he will be very happy with Blinn Team if that’s indeed what this means (officially still under review).

ACT: 30 composite
Ranking: 25.66%, 126/491 (literally one ranking spot away from the 25% automatic acceptance requirement for 30 on ACT)
GPA: 4.5 weighted, 3.35 unweighted
4 years varsity tennis. Business Professionals of America.

But, he neglected to get letters of recommendation, which we thought was going to be his doom. :slight_smile:

Just tried the howdy thing and clicked on “manage applications” and my major on their days “TEAM”, but on AIS it still says business college station. Now, I don’t think that’s final, but it might mean I’m gonna get blinn team. Which I really didn’t want, I even unchecked the blinn team box on my app. But nothing is final yet. Could still easily change

Things are changing for us. On Howdy, ‘Change Major’ button just disappeared. I have a bad feeling…

I still have my change major button… Should I request to change my major to an easier one in hopes of full admittance? ahh this is stressful

@blonde1999 the same thing just happened to me my change major for howdy and AIS just disappeared , fingers crossed for both of us!

Congrats @rm1023… my son has a 26 act composite and top 34% - sounds like PSA most likely for him…still waiting!

someone else said they called admissions to ask if they should change majors to a less selective major, and they said the do not recommend it. I wouldn’t… but that’s just me. They said if they want to accept you they will give you and offer and tell you to choose an open major, or accept Blinn if set on major choices. Just what I read on here.

My son’s change major button in Howdy isn’t there any longer, but it is there in AIS. Weird. Maybe, something is moving for us. I hope so.