TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

does anyone know when we find out about scholarships??

Admitted to 1st choice - applied 8/01!
When did you apply: 8/1
When did you get your UIN: 8/9
When did you receive your admission decision: 9/20
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Architecture - Visualization (Lower)
Did you get in: YES!
Honors program: Maybe
Class Rank: Top 10%
ACT: 31

When did you apply: 8/1
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Auto-Admit
Major/College of Choice: Business Administration
Did you get in: Yes!!!
Honors program: Hopefully!
Class Rank: 1/607
SAT: Did not send - old SAT 2250 (750 CR, 770 M, 730 W)
ACT: 35C (36 E, 36 M, 35 R, 33 S, 33 Essay)

What a wonderful birthday present!!

@cadenbraly @nutmeg_shippy Apply for housing NOW. My son applied for housing within an hour of acceptance in order to get Hullabaloo (Class of 2019). Premium dorms fill up very quickly.

When did you apply: 08/01
When did you get your UIN: 08/09
When did you receive your admission decision:
9/20: accepted into the Uni
Still in Engineering Review till Early Dec.
Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: 1) Computer Engineering (electrical track) 2) Mechanical Engineering
Honors program: No
Class Rank:37/781 Top 5%
SAT: 1370 (new)
ACT: 29

Applied for Hullabaloo housing but can’t for NSC until after the Engineering Review

Congrats to all the new admits! Those of you wondering about scholarships, very few come at the time of admission. Most are after the beginning of the year thru April. We even had one post in July for one of my kids , just a smaller one, but every one was appreciated! They do stack, so you might have more than one or of course, none at all. They just show up online for the most part, just periodically check your financial aid section- there is no ‘day of release’, each committee is on their own schedule. File FAFSA for need based and some merit aid also requires FAFSA filing . It is considered as part of the formula for some merit scholarships - frustrating, but true- some do NOT require you to file. If you don’t file, they just skip your consideration for that particular scholarship. Scholarships are decided all over campus, not just at Financial Aid but they do eventually all flow through that office and onto your personal FA page.

Congratulations to all the new admits!
My Son’s stat -
When did you apply: 08/26
When did you get your UIN: 08/29
When did you receive your admission decision:
9/20: accepted into the Uni
Still in Engineering Review till Early Dec.
Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: 1) Computer Science
Honors program: Probably
Class Rank:does not rank
SAT: 1580 (new)

When did you apply: Daughter applied 8/3
Major/College of Choice: Did you get in: College of Engineering - Under Review
Honors program: Will apply
Class Rank: 37/669
SAT: 1460 (new)
ACT: 33

@NotSoPatient I thought the same thing and was thrown for a bit. @TxSker and @Tsker are different people!!! Their names are just really similar!

@wadp09 and others, For your acceptance letter now, go to your AIS, click My Communications, click on My Letters and it should be there.

@cadenbraly @nutmeg_shippy If you want a chance at Hullabaloo, you need to apply ASAP for housing. At our NSC last June, we were told that Hullabaloo was full by Oct 1 (though you will not learn your housing assignment until June 1 or thereabouts).
My best friends son did not get accepted until February and got Blinn Team. He was placed on wait list and in July he was assigned Aston. The do try to get all freshmen on campus.

@Thelma2 I’m so sorry my user name caused confusion! :(( After I set up my account for this site and saw TxSker, I tried to change my user name to something else and it would not let me.

Anyway
 congrats to everyone who has been admitted and good luck to the rest! Thanks to all of ya’ll on this thread, it’s been nice having other parents/students to compare notes.

When did you apply: Son applied 8/1
Major/College of Choice: Did you get in: BS-Microbiology
Class Rank: Can’t remember exactly, top 10%
SAT:
ACT: 28

Congrats to all of the new Aggies and their families! My son is thrilled to be an Aggie. Both my husband and I are Class of '91. We are in a different situation than many – we are a military family, Texas residents but currently stationed on the East Coast. Thankfully, the top 10% admit law applies to us. We were able to successfully register for housing early this morning.

Flying back to College Station with my son so he can tour the campus, go to a football game, yell practice, etc., in a few weeks. It’s been many years since we have been in Texas, so I’m looking forward to seeing the campus again. Gig 'em!

Also, we don’t know anyone who will be attending TAMU. My son is a cross country/track athlete and is looking forward to joining the TAMU Triathlon Club team next year. If there are any other families who have sons with similar interests, please reach out and maybe we can connect our boys. Congrats to all.

@try2figureitout Check on FB and see if there is a TAMU 2021 mom and dad page for incoming freshmen. There is an official one for 2020 for current freshmen parents only. It has been a wonderful resource. It may be the same person who does this page year after year for new fish parents, so it may be May before it is opened up to new 2021 parents and the rest of us are kicked out LOL.

As you may know, Fish Camp should not be missed, if at all possible. My freshman son’s DG leader is amazing, as they all are. They attend their first yell practice as a group, have attended a soccer game, and all kinds of activities as a group, both during welcome week and so far this semester. A lot of kids who knew nobody now know a whole group of people from fish camp and they get together regularly.

Beside your meningitis shot, two weeks before move in day in August, get your student’s flu shot. Earlier if you are rushing. Over 300 kids were struck with the flu during rush week. The current shots are available during August, even though they say the flu season is in Oct. It can be anytime. Thanks to the FB page for freshmen parents, we got ours in early.

@Try2figureitout
my husband and I are class of '88 and '89, and have a son who was just accepted to a&m as well as a business major. He is a cross country runner for a competitive high school in Houston, and runs half marathons. Not sure yet to what degree he will continue his running at A&M. We go to most of the football games.

@princessgabby I just sent you a private message. Not sure exactly how the message system works here on CC, but hopefully you will get it.

@Stitchpossible - My oldest was a review also just outside the top 25% a few years ago and it was around the 3rd week of February before he got his decision. Your ACT score is high - any chance your high school would re-rank before the application deadline and you have moved up (maybe some students have left since last ranking)? If so, you can upload new rank. Might be worth it to at least ask. Good luck. I know it is tough waiting.

When did you apply: 8/27
When did you get your UIN: 8/30
Major/College of Choice: Business
Did you get in: YES!
Honors program: Maybe
Class Rank: Top 10%
ACT: 34

UPDATE:
When did you apply: 8/3/16
When did you get your UIN: 8/9/16
When did you receive your admission decision: 9/20/2016
Major/College of Choice: Mays Business School/Gen Business
Did you get in: Yes, to both
Class Rank: Top 15%
SAT (old): 1360 -670 Math, 690 Verbal

@pokerunner Thanks! Hopefully you’ll get accepted!

Has anyone received their official acceptance letter/packet in the mail yet? We live in central Texas and have not yet received it.

I haven’t yet
fingers crossed it’ll be in today’s mail