TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

@cable0790 When we spoke to the Engg Academy advisor she said max at A&M is 5 credit hours.

@cable0790 I don’t know if it is the same for TEAM.

@aggie95 for whatever it’s worth, my son just called and said his friend with 3.4 just got full admit to international studies. i don’t know any other stats for him, but i have a feeling your daughter’s resume is better. i hope you get great news soon!!

If Blinn Team is the same price as normal Blinn, then it is about 1/2 the cost. My son is a full time Blinn student this year.

deleting this, put it on the wrong thread.

I sure hope so. The waiting is the worst!!!

Daughter’s Howdy changed from 3 tabs (yesterday) to 6 tabs this morning.

Admission Type: Freshman
Term: 2017 Fall
Major: Blinn TEAM
College: GS
Degree: BAC

When did you apply: 10/01
When did you get your UIN: 10/02
When did you receive your admission decision: 02/15/17
Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Biomedicine/Agribusiness
Did you get in: Blinn TEAM
Class Rank: 96/726 (12.2%)

@WhiteSwan - what were your D’s test scores? ACT or SAT?

ACT: 29
SAT: 1080

Daughter had always been in top 10% of class until she struggled last year with upper level AP/English writing courses and dropped to 12%. Lots of AP/Dual credit classes; 3 essays; one letter of recommendation; first generation to attend college; Ag Officer; ribbons for showing goat; NHS; distinguished honor roll; band/colorguard 3 years; student council; golf team 2 years; volunteer; church leader; mission trips.

Although there is a lot of talk about how strong everyone’s essays were, I have to say that our daughter is strong in math/science and is not a strong or gifted writer. She wrote her own essays, and I resisted the urge to “assist” and “correct.” We wanted her to stand on her own and know that she did this herself.

Good luck to all as the decisions continue to roll in.

When did you apply: Early September
When did you get your UIN: A few days after the application
When did you receive your admission decision: Yesterday or today, didn’t get to check it yesterday
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit:Review
Major/College of Choice: Did you get in:Poultry Science
Honors program:
Class Rank:163/412
SAT:1090
ACT:

My son was accepted to the Blinn Team. Our status changed from review to Blinn Team, we have 6 howdy tabs and know show general studies as the degree choice.

I have been following this thread to see how everyone has been doing. My son is Dyslexic and his SAT score was not the best so I wanted to share to give other with low testing scores hope! Keep hanging in there!!

It’s official for my daughter. Team Blinn and we are super excited! Good Luck to everyone still waiting! I know its hard

http://blinnteam.tamu.edu/default.aspx

A good friend whose son is doing Blinn Team right now, her son took two classes at A&M. One 3 hr class and a 1 hr archery class. That way, if he had to drop the regular class for whatever reason, he was still enrolled in A&M. Or if he needed to give up something, he could give up the archery and still be enrolled. I will ask what he is doing this semester. His course load was fine last semester.

@tamuwaiting me too!!! Congrats to Daughter!!!

1 Like

I just got PSA. My stats are SAT: 1370 ACT: 30, rank top 30%

@ambio140
 How in the world did that happen? Are you out of state? What were your requested majors? I am so sorry. We were blindsided to receive Blinn Team, but these forum pages really reinforced the realization that very few of the review candidates received full admission. My older son had a 3.4 gpa from a college prep school with a 32 on his ACT. TAMU ranked him 2nd quartile, but he received full admission to his major.

My second child also attends a college prep school, has a 3.8 with a 28 ACT, 31 if you superscore it, and received Blinn Team. She has been admitted toUSNA but did not receive full admission @ TAMU. She has an amazing resume with lots of elected leadership roles, challenging classes, etc, etc. Very disappointing.
But this I know
 it all works out in the end and the student ends up at the right place for him/her. I am sure you have great Plans B, C & D and I am sure you will be successful wherever you land.

To the parents and students of Class of 2018
 Start your ACT/SAT prep now and do not put yourself in the position of being a review candidate. If you know you are in the 2nd quartile, you better come up with a Plan B, C & D that you LOVE because Full Admission to TAMU pretty much only goes to the Auto & Academic Admit students.

@ten042 This forum was absolutely an eye opener for me as well. It was on a different level, but it certainly brought a lot of things to light. You are so very right in everything you say. I’ve become a champion to those students who have some time left to make changes or start from scratch as freshmen in high school. Not all colleges are like this for sure, but if your dream is TAMU, go in knowing it’s going to be a ride. For us, it wasn’t the challenge of getting in. Rather, it was the realization of how difficult it is to get it financed, especially if you’re out of state. I’ve said a dozen times how grateful I am for the honesty and support on this forum. Being informed and being there to encourage each other (and console when needed) has been a Godsend!

In my Howdy my major has changed to my second choice and still shows Fall 2017 CS. I still only have three tabs. Has this happened to anyone else?

@tamu2021 thank you for that lovely bit of honesty about your son’s essays! Ours were really rather dismal.

My son was a review candidate engineering. He received college station admittance to engineering in early January. He was admitted as a non resident. He is also in a gap year as we moved to TX last summer after he graduated. We needed the year to get TX residency established for in state tuition. We had no idea he was being considered as OSS when admitted because the application had a TX address. TAMU must have picked up on the OSS high school. His stats were solid. I know some on this forum are surprised by their admissions decisions. My son beat several odds in the review process. We are grateful. He is very excited about Aerospace Engineering,