TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

@AggieMomAgain - Your wonderful daughter was penalized because her high school ranks below the top 10%. It is very hard for universities to want a below 50% quartile in class rank because it hurts their admission stats. It doesn’t matter that the school is competitive - they can’t put that in the information when they make the overall class statistics. When our high school went to non-ranking - the acceptances at prestigious schools went up. Good luck to your daughter - my oldest was very disappointed in getting in at her dream schools…but she ended up where she needed to be and is doing brilliantly. Good luck!

@onelasttime2021 Thanks so much for the kind words. They are very appreciated. There is talk about her HS going to non ranking at some point, just not soon enough for her. She is still upset, doesn’t want to talk about it much but wants to work on how to arrange to have to spend only one year at Blinn so that she can apply for English Honors in her Sophomore year. I sure hope that we can get that figured out. Does anyone have any tips on how to find out? There really isn’t much info on the website and I don’t know if or when we can get an appointment with a counselor.

This wonderful young woman has had so many obstacles placed in her way, things that I don’t want to share, and it is hard to watch her deal with this fresh disappointment. Her older sister has lived the “fairy tale”, she had many wonderful opportunities open up for her, not that everything was just handed to her, but it is painful for the younger sister to have to find alternate paths. My older daughter, Aggie '16, had many friends at TAMU who complained about how hard their college classes were as they were not as prepared as she was by her highly competitive HS. She said that she often thought that her classes at TAMU were a lot easier than many of her HS classes, and not just her classes in her HS Senior year. At least D#2 is well prepared for TAMU. And she will hopefully meet more friends just like her at Blinn Team.

I don’t know if I should tell her that being in the 53% AND being accepted to TAMU through Blinn Team is a really rare occurrence! It makes sense that colleges don’t want to have to include that percentile in their statistics. I haven’t heard if any of her classmates have heard anything recently. I heard about a week ago that some friends with lower SAT scores but higher ranking percentiles were offered Corpus Christie (Political Science),or Engineering at Galveston and possibly one guy was denied, but I’m not sure of his major or stats. A lot of her classmates who are not in the top 25% end up going out of state, and they usually have a full ride scholarship.

Wait you didn’t get accpeted into a&m with that sat score and act? I’m shock? are you going to do the psa program instead or are you going to another school?

Can someone please answer which is better to receive, Blinn TEAM or PSA? Which one is better to get?

Blinn TEAM is an actual TAMU acceptance, except that you have to take 45 hours worth of classes at Blinn and 15 at CS before transitioning to your major (provided you meet the GPA requirements). PSA is a classy refusal, from what I understand. They are simply redirecting students to other schools in the A&M system. To switch to A&M, you would have to transfer as you would from any other public univesity. Please someone correct me if I am wrong. :smiley:

PSA is actually a guaranteed transfer if you meet the criteria (grades and degree plan requirements).

No. PSA transfers directly into A&M provided you take 24 hours your first year and maintain a 3.0. So if you really want to eventually be at the A&M CSTAT campus this is a good deal.

@AggieMomAgain - Hugs. We as parents are only as happy as our least happy child. It doesn’t look like there is a pathway agreement for her degree, so I am certain that there are lots of possibilities. The pathway agreements can limit Blinn Team students. I’m certain she will do very well.

http://blinnteam.tamu.edu/AdmissionAgreements.aspx

Does anyone know if all full admission offers or Blinn TEAM offers have been given out? It seems as if everyone has gotten some sort of response today, but I still haven’t heard back…

I got Into Blinn TEAM for Business yesterday.

I’m still waiting too @tamulover2 ! I know that second choice majors go out really late, if not last, so from my perspective, if you’re not hearing back each day, you’re getting a better chance of receiving your second choice major (I haven’t seen one post about someone getting their second choice major yet this year)!

@tamulover2 my son is still waiting. business was first choice which i hear is full. I feel better knowing that @mollykdolan is in the same boat. her stats are great so they better let her in!! good luck everyone!!

My son has seen no change in his account, either. He’s applied to the business school as well.

@tamu2021 Aw thank you! Hoping for the best for everyone (including your son) who’s still waiting!

Yesterday afternoon at 4:30 my Howdy changed from first choice business to 2nd choice major Ag Science. No changes to AIS and no other changes to Howdy. It still showed the application for College Station Fall 2017 and under review. This morning the AIS changed to show the same change, from business to 2nd choice. At 6:15 I got 6 tabs on Howdy. Still shows under review. I am hoping it is full admission to 2nd choice!!??

We have six tabs in Howdy! Please tell me this means we’re in! Major is still the same

Applied to Mays with Econ as my second choice. No 6 tabs or anything update. Hopefully this is a good sign of maybe a second choice offer.

for those of you wondering when you’re acceptance will come in the mail… for us, it took 5 days from the date of the tab change. Our mail-lady crumpled it up in our mailbox. ~X(

@kaydeeloo I was wondering how long it might take! 5 days from AIS change? That would give us this Friday!

@gogogogobruins I missed your acceptance! Curious what it was. My boys’ letters came at different times. One took 1 week, the other 2. And yes, they were crumpled too, but they are boys so it only bothered me. LOL