TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

yes @gogogogobruins … 5 days from 6 tabs and AIS change, which happened on the same day for us. Mailed from Waco to Houston.

My son was accepted to Blinn Team! Applying for on-campus housing-- is there a forum for roommate searches? He is a Christian and is hoping for someone faiirly like-minded! (His Aggie sister was assigned a freshman roommate who had frequent overnight “guests,” one of whom my daughter had to take to the ER for alcohol poisoning–not ideal…)

@OnlyAandM Congratulations on your son’s acceptance! Have you looked at the Housing Portal an searched through the roommate options? You can even use keywords, like Christian or alcohol (to find kids who might have written that they prefer someone who does not drink alcohol) to get an idea of the roommate options. Your son can write a description of himself and request roommates that way. Hope this helps!

My daughter actually did that and was assigned a “partier”-- I think you are more likely to get a compatible roommate if you request someone by name!

FB might be a good place to look for a roommate. There’s a page for TAMU C/O 2021. That way you can look at their posts and see what they are like.

That would be stalking, lol. :))

As much as we are all on this site, I bet none of us are strangers to stalking. B-)

Haha, true :slight_smile: But fb would be the next level :smiley:

FB pages are also looked at by organizations at A&M when offering membership - and not just sororities… and employers for internships/jobs. Have your child check their pages and delete anything that no longer reflects their image. I have a couple of complete angels :wink:

Blinn-Team and Pre-Med. My son was accepted to Blinn-Team Tuesday. He will be on the Biology path with intentions of continuing on to medical school/ Pre-Med. We were concerned with him being Blinn-Team and being able to get access to all of the typical services Pre-Med students get like advising, internships, research, interview prep so we reached out to the Blinn-Team as well as the TAMU Office of Professional School Advising(http://opsa.tamu.edu). I was thrilled to receive emails back stating that my son will have access to all of the resources full-time A&M students have as well as he will be able to join Pre-Med organizations. They will be able to schedule regular advising sessions They did provide quite a bit of information regarding options for major choice for pre-med. He has been accepted to Baylor and Arkansas Honors College and both of these schools have great services for students wanting to continue on to med school. The more my son learns about Blinn-Team from his friends that are in the program now the better his understanding is that he is an Aggie and he is feeling better about this and very excited. He comes from a top ranked school in Austin that is only 6-7 years old and already nationally ranked in the top 300 of all high schools. A 3.65 GPA will put you in the top 46% so no auto-admit here. His Weighted is a 4.5 with quite a few AP courses as well as a 30 on the ACT. What is frustrating is we can move him in our district and he would jump in class ranking but he decided it was best to stay in a highly competitive environment. Long story short but I wanted to get the message across that Blinn-Team is a great way to be an Aggie and you will have all of the services available to you except being able to play NCAA sports. Good luck to all of you. If you have questions I would recommend reaching out to the Blinn-Team advisors or the OPSA team at A&M.

also roomsurf is a great place to find roommates. It is free unless you want to talk to someone, but honestly worth the $20 fee to discuss and find a roommate you like. The survey is more intense than the one A&M offers on their roommate search. It includes questions of religion, social life, personality, lifestyle choices, study preferences and so on. It matches you to people similar to you.

Sorry it’s called room surf it’s one word

My class of 2016 Aggie used that website to find her roommate her freshman year. I believe it was free back then.

Hoping for more decisions tomorrow??? Maybe??? Still waiting since August 1…

@aggie95 Same! Maybe the last person notified will get a special prize. :smiley:

SAME!!! Maybe the 3rd Friday of February will be final wave again!!!

Yesterday afternoon my son’s Howdy changed to 6 tabs. Early this morning, his AIS changed his 1st choice major (business) to the same as his 2nd choice major (history), and he received an email about student directory information. About 1pm today, he received full acceptance to Texas A&M at College Station.

@OklaTexan Congrats! Glad to know full admissions are still being given.

My daughter received full admission to Animal Science today! Hang in there everybody!

Thanks. Reading the forums this week has helped understand how the process worked and what was going on, so I wanted to share how our process went, and let everyone know that there is still hope.