TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

Congrats to the above and holding out hope for others!! Did everyone else who has been admitted receive the directory email? We didn’t get that when my son was admitted.

@kaydeeloo It is a new privacy thing…so the Moms Clubs can see the info and send things…

Congratulations all you new Aggies!!!:slight_smile:

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE WHO IS RECEIVING AN ACCEPTANCE!! The wait is so difficult.
May there only be good news for all who are still waiting.

My daughter is still working through her disappointment in not being offered full admittance, but I hope that her usual sunny disposition will win out. We hope that she can transfer to TAMU fully after a year of Blinn Team, fingers crossed that we have enough info for her arrange her class schedule so she can do that.

I’ve been looking for statistics on TAMU applications/acceptance/enrollment and found the following info on a site called “Collegedata” “your online college advisor”.

It doesn’t list what year these statistics are from, there is probably a way to figure it out based on the numbers. They have a wealth of info on this site, I hope it is all accurate. I’m only going to list some of their “Profile of Fall Admissions” (they do not list anything about Full, Gateway, Blinn Team, PSA so I think they are all lumped in together in the same category).

Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
Freshman Admission Requirements
Profile of Fall Admissions

Overall Admission Rate : 66% of 33,970 applicants were admitted

SAT scores of Enrolled Freshman :
SAT Math : 608 Average; 550 -670 range of middle 50%
SAT Critical Reading: 581 Average; 520-640 range of middle 50%
SAT Writing : 553 average; 490-610 range of middle 50%

ACT scores: 27 Average; 25-30 range of middle 50%

Other Qualifications of Enrolled Freshmen:
High School Class Rank: Top tenth: 66%
Top Quarter: 91%
Top Half: 99%
Bottom Half: 1%

So if these stats are similar to the stats for this year, my sweet daughter, whose SAT/ACT scores were in the range of the middle 50% or above, was one of the rare 1% admitted from the bottom half (53%) of her HS class. I’m not sure she would be happy knowing this statistic, though! It looks to me like someone, at least one person or possibly more, on the application review committee really liked her application, even if they typically don’t admit many students from the “bottom half” of the HS class. I am eternally grateful to whoever looked beyond her class rank and saw something that caused them to selected her!

Does it mean something if my “request change of major” button disappeared on Howdy, but not AIS?? Majors are still the same, but it says it’s still in review.

My change major also dissapeared on howdy

@tamulover2 what are your stats?

It means PSA apparently.

change major disappeared on howdy for my son too

ACT 28
Eagle scout
500 service hours
leadership positions
varsity sports

it was still not good enough i guess

I was really hoping for my 2nd choice. Idk what else I could’ve done. My resume was great and my stats weren’t terrible.

@damon99 did you receive psa?

@tamu2021 Did the “request change of major” tab disappear on AIS for you as well?

@tamulover2 really? :((

@tamulover2 Not yet. still have change major button on AIS.

So if i dont have change major on howdy but have it on ais, what is this?

AIS still have change major button.

@yugioh5454 based on the experience of the others who have posted on this thread, it means that PSA will be offered.

Does anyone still waiting still have the change major on howdy?

Yes we do

This is very upsetting :frowning: nothing official yet, and still trying to hope for the best. Good luck to everyone, hopefully we will hear back soon!

My change major button just disappeared on Howdy, but it’s still there on AIS. My mom is still holding out and being hopeful, but I’m a sobbing mess, pretty certain I’m being offered PSA.