TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

Those scores only come into play if you file an exemption from the Uniform Admission Policy

Oh, I always thought those were minimum scoresā€¦guess I read it wrong!

I was offered PSA about 30min ago, so I imagine anyone else whoā€™s ā€œchange majorā€ buttons disappeared also has a decision on their applicationā€¦

Yes-we just got PSA too, which we will be declining. Sadly I think she is a victim of too many Dual credit/AP hours to be considered for Blinn team. (She will have 46 by graduation). She also is OOS in a system that doesnā€™t give more weight for those classes so she was only top 25%. Disappointed, but have been accepted to Honors College at Bama with very nice scholarship. Waiting on TCU. Really wanted to give my money and fantastic daughter to A&M. Oh well!!!

:-< this makes me sad.

Question: I got offered blinn team (i applied for business) and I already have tons of credit hours. My question is, if I get the GPA and credit requirements, as well as all the courses and requirements on the ā€œpathway to businessā€ page, am I automatically admitted into full business after freshman year if I have it all done by then?

@aggie95 FWIW- A number of years ago, when our oldest was going to be a freshman, a parent in the audience (sorry I canā€™t remember for sure but I think we were at a NSC meeting) asked how many credit hours did TAMU consider a good amount to be coming in with. At that time, the speaker said they liked for them to have around 12-18 credit hours, 24 at most.

@mollykdolan and @aggie95 : I am so sorry! BIG HUGS TO Yā€™ALL. I was hoping that there would be a couple of full admittance slots still left for yā€™all. I feel like we all care about everyone on this board. Good applicants are just getting squeezed out by the sheer volume of applicants. It is heartbreaking.

@mollykdolan, you are an awesome person, this is just a space issue, try not to let this get you down, and can you please let us know what you decide? Any University would be very blessed to have you as a student.

@aggie95, Iā€™m sure that wherever your D goes that she will be a shining light, please let us know what your daughter decides.

I would love to be able to fast forward 4 years and see what all of the students on this board are doing, and then fast forward to 10 and 20 years to see what their lives are like at that time. What an interesting study that could beā€¦

@AggieMomAgain @mollykdolan and @aggie95 I canā€™t say it better than AggieMomAgain!! You beautifully articulated what we are all feeling for these sweet girls. And yes, please keep us posted. We genuinely care what happens, and I love this little ā€œfamilyā€ of people who lift each other up.

Anyone accepted into TAMU Engineering where your first year is at Galveston? My son was CAPā€™d at UT so Iā€™m hoping he decides to go to A&M!!

Anyone accepted into TAMU Engineering where your first year is at Galveston? My son was CAPā€™d at UT so Iā€™m hoping he decides to go to A&M!!

@kd1003 No but I got CAPā€™d at UT and offered blinn team (I applied for business) at TAMU, so Iā€™m in a similar boat.

Thank you everyone! Just waiting since August 1-would have been so much better to find out before now!! I still bleed maroon!!! Gig Em

@aggie95
With as many AP and Dual Credits that your daughter has, have you contacted an admissions counselor at TAMU to see if she can transfer in as a Sophomore or even as a Junior? If she has too many credits for Blinn Team, then she doesnā€™t need to be a Freshman anyway. The requirements for transferring are different from enrolling as a Freshman. Donā€™t give up on TAMU just yet, there may still be a way for her to be an Aggie! Not that 'Bama isnā€™t a great school, too.
Hang in there,

YES! My son was also CAPped at UT, and admitted to TAMU ā€œEngineering @ Galvestonā€.

My daughter is a Jr at BAMA, she loves it, the only negative I see after 2 1/2 years, is how far away it is. My son was offered wonderful scholarship from BAMA too, however decided to be an Aggie (Blinn Team Engineering). If you have any questions about BAMA I would be glad to answer for youā€¦good luck!

I have a question for those offered TEAM. In my sonā€™s Howdy portal under manage application it says Whoop, you have been admitted with TEAM and BAC as major. He still has the change major button. In AIS, the change major button is gone, but it still lists Biology as his 2nd choice. Does he still have the option to change majors and try for full admission? Iā€™m just curious why the change major button is still available in Howdy and why his 2nd choice major is still listed in AIS. Does anybody else still have the change major button who got TEAM admission? Thank you.

@AggieMomAgain & @rvhappynow Thank you so much-that was so nice of yā€™all! I didnā€™t exactly give myself a backup (I applied to SMU, but with how close I live to that university and the cost of tuition alone, I donā€™t plan on attending there). Iā€™m going to try and contact a few people at A&M and possibly appeal. If nothing else, Iā€™ll just take a gap year and focus on my business. Thanks for the support!

Thank you @DCCTiff Bama might be our best option-we are in Louisiana so our distance is not too bad!!

@AggieMomfor2 My daughterā€™s AIS also still lists her second choice major but change major button is missing. Howdy still has change major button.