TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

@Tsker Our D received her letter, but since she applied to college of engineering, it really wasn’t exciting. She is an auto admit, but she is still under review for her major just like all COE applicants. They will likely wait until Dec or more to hear more. Then they are admitted into the COE or not, and still don’t have their major within eng for a year. It’s a bit crazy.

I got my official acceptance mail as well :slight_smile:

@NotSoPatient and @nutmeg_shippy Congrats on getting the packet in the mail! We are still waiting. Our postal carrier said he hasn’t delivered any to our area yet.

Congrats to everyone that’s been accepted! When does the next wave of admission decisions go out - after 9/20?

@Tsker Thanks, but since engineering is still under review it was kind of not exciting for her. It was just a letter telling her she is under review and should hear in December.

applying from out of state - Colorado

When did you apply: 8/5
When did you get your UIN: 8/12
When did you receive your admission decision: Waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Academic
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering
Did you get in: YES! waiting on Engineering Review
Honors program: maybe
Class Rank: school doesn’t rank
ACT: 33

@Axonta there is not a schedule for waves to come out. Sometimes on twitter (@aggiebound) they will post updates to when a wave might come out or be expected. Of course, no one knows which majors until they actually come out. That is what makes the waiting game so fun/frustrating.

Thanks, Thelma2. I appreciate the response.

When did you apply: 8/2
When did you get your UIN: 8/9
When did you receive your admission decision: 9/26
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Auto
Major/College of Choice: Did you get in: Mechanical Engineering (review).
Class Rank: Top 5% (29/626)
SAT: 1380 (new)

Posting for son. In-state. Rec’d admission packet yesterday. Under review for COE.

@ArAr72 and other new admits, If you have not already, as soon as you can, submit your housing app & fee and the housing deposit. That will get you in for priority housing. If your thinking Hullabaloo, it was full by Oct. 1 last year. You will be asked to make 4-5 dorm hall preferences in ranked order. If you want a living learning community, mark that as your first choice. You will have until May 1 to make changes to your housing choices and will receive your assignments around June 1.

When did you apply: Septemeber 15
When did you get your UIN: Septemeber 16
When did you receive your admissions decision: Septemeber 20
Auto Admit
Major: Biomedical Sciences
Did you get it: Yes
Honors program: No
Class rank: Top 5%
Sat: 1240/1600

Thank you @Thelma2 - already done!! The engineering letter said to apply to a different one (forgetting right now), we put Hullabaloo as our 2nd choice. If anyone has a recommendation for 3rd & 4th choices, that would be great!

@ArAr72 We haven’t received the welcome packet yet, hoping it comes today. :frowning: I bet that they recommended Mosher as that is where the Engineering Living Learning Community is located. That is what my son selected as his first choice, that is of course is he doesn’t decide to join the Corps of Cadets.

I will start a thread for on campus living for incoming freshmen. There will be lots of questions and conversation to look forward to as more acceptances go out.

Does anyone have an idea of how long review admits take? I submitted my application in early September, and I’ve just been edged out of a Auto admit. I’ve also heard that as people are accepted, majors fill up. I’m worried that my major (Biomedical Sciences) does just that. Does anyone know if that happens often with my major, or if I even need to worry about that?

When did you apply: Septemeber 12
When did you get your UIN: Septemeber 14
When did you receive your admissions decision: N/A
Review Admit
Major: Biomedical Sciences
Did you get it: N/A
Honors program: N/A
Class rank: 13%
ACT: 27

@Southpaw1 @AGmomx2 or @lee6666 could better answer that question.
In the past for engineering, it was true that the major filled up as people received their acceptance. Now that everyone is reviewed, we don’t know how fast it will fill up, because this is the first year for this process.

PLEASE Read: NEW Admits and for those when you receive yours, you MUST apply for housing within 30 days of of being admitted for priority housing.

After thirty days, you no longer have priority status and you will be assigned after all priority students are assigned.

From the Housing Website: Housing assignments will be made on a first-come, first-served basis—established by the housing priority date, which is defined as the date the housing application, including fee, is received in the Housing Assignments Office.

Priority housing will be given to freshmen who apply for housing within 30 days of being admitted to Texas A&M, if space is available. Apply as soon as possible because space is limited.

Freshmen who apply for housing after 30 days of being admitted to Texas A&M will be considered for on-campus housing—if space is available and after all other priority students have been accommodated. All housing assignments will be based on the housing priority date,

@Thelma2 Is that a given that it was changed this year? We were told during the tour to apply as early as possible; that majors fill up based on application date, followed by a holistic review.

yes @ArAr72. In the past, engineering applicants were accepted into general engineering at the same time they were accepted into the university. So for the auto and academic admits, they were accepted into both at the same time. Beginning with the class of 2021, auto and academic admit engineering applicants are accepted into the university shortly after their apps are in but they are all holistically reviewed for admittance to general engineering the same as review admits.

This link explains the whole process for general engineering admissions for fall 2017 and the deadlines. @Southpaw1 this may answer your questions better than I could retype it here.

http://engineering.tamu.edu/easa/areas/recruitment/admissions