TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

The school was on spring break this week and the offices are closed today and yesterday so updates may be scarce.

@Zepodes I agree with gogogogobruins. No word here, but hopefully we will know in the next week or so. I know we are all so anxious and ready to make some decisions.

@rvhappynow so I feel you donā€™t get OSS waiver would you choose another school?

@gogogogobruins Reluctantly, yes. Although our FAFSA score is not low (we run a small family business), we still cannot afford $200K over four years. And that doesnā€™t count grad school. It would be heartbreaking, but he has a full tuition offer to two in-state schools, and we are still waiting on remaining scholarships from another out-of-state school. TAMU is his absolute number one choice. Hands down. However, the money would be an issue, so we will definitely need to go to Plan B and make the most of it. If he receives the waiver, we are still going to have to pay a decent amount out-of-pocket compared to what he has been offered elsewhere. But, we can at least pinch pennies and gladly make that part happen. It would totally be worth it!

I hear you. This is our oldest and we have 3 more! By the time our youngest finish college Iā€™ll be almost 70 years old! Yikes! So, $200K/child/year for undergrad would be insaneā€¦but we are prepared if thatā€™s what we have to do. No we are not rich but I just pray that the Lord will provide!! Also hoping our other kids will get full scholarship. Lol!! I was counting on our oldest getting a full ride but at this point we still have to come up with some money. Still looking for outside scholarships though. For us because of the Corps, A&M is the only choice. Other ROTC programs are just not the same as A&M.

On a side note our son just got an email from Columbia asking why he didnā€™t apply there. And what they couldā€™ve done differently to have him apply. I had no idea schools did that!

Texas A&M University ā€“ Fall 2017 Admission Decisions

All final admission decisions for Fall 2017 Freshmen have been released by the Office of Admissions at Texas A&M University. It was another extremely competitive year with more than 42,000 applications received by the university. There was an increase in the number of applicants who qualified for automatic admission - both Top 10% and Academic admits. In addition, more than 27,000 applicants were scored through the holistic review process. Over 19,800 students were offered full admission to the university with approximately 3800 of those coming through holistic review.

OTHER ADMISSION OPTIONS

Aggie Gateway to Success (Gateway) is a summer provisional admission program that gives students a unique chance to gain full admission to the university the following fall semester. Approximately 530 students were given the opportunity to participate in Gateway.

Texas A&M University Blinn TEAM Program (TEAM) is a collaborative admission program between Texas A&M University and Blinn College. Students are co-enrolled at both institutions. 2400 students were selected to be a part of TEAM.

Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan (TEAB) provides students an opportunity to pursue their engineering degree in a co-enrollment program between Texas A&M University and Blinn College-Bryan Campus. 855 students were chosen to participate in TEAB.

Engineering at Galveston (EAG) allows students to begin their engineering studies on the Texas A&M Galveston campus and to complete their engineering degree in College Station as part of the College of Engineering. This year approximately 1200 students were given an opportunity to be a part of EAG.

Engineering at McAllen offers uniquely designed degree options specially tailored to meet the expected engineering needs in the Rio Grande Valley. Students who begin their engineering career through this program are eligible to complete an engineering degree in College Station as part of the College of Engineering. 580 students were given the option to select Engineering at McAllen.

Program for System Admission (PSA) offers students who are denied freshman admission the opportunity to enroll in a Texas A&M system school for one year with the intention of achieving guaranteed transfer admission to Texas A&M College Station upon successful completion of the program. Approximately 10500 students were given the PSA option.

Additional students were denied admission to the university without any admission options.

Please encourage your students to check their admission status on the Applicant Information System (AIS) via Howdy.tamu.edu. Information about accepting an offer and the required next steps will be displayed online.

2017-2018 Admission Season

Texas A&M will begin accepting applications for Fall 2018 beginningJULY 1, 2017. Both the ApplyTexas and Coalition applications will be available July 1. The deadline to apply is December 1, 2017.

Texas A&M will no longer require the essay portions of the SAT or ACT. Scores must be received by December 1 to complete an admission file.

All applicants to the College of Engineering, including those who qualify for automatic admission, will once again be reviewed holistically for placement into the college. Engineering applicants will also have an Early Action Deadline October 15, 2017. Applicants whose admission file is complete by October 15 will be guaranteed an admissions communication in early December. The Early Action Deadline is only for applicants seeking a major in the College of Engineering.

Hello,
Can I apply for housing only if I register for NSC?

@Zepodes You can apply for housing as soon as you receive your admissions to A&M.You do not have to accept your admissions to A&M in order to apply for housing.

You do need to apply for housing, if you are an accepted student, as soon as possible. Current applicants are now placed on the wait list for housing. You will need to pay the $50 housing application fee and the $300 housing deposit at time of application.

Registering for NSC is separate and one does not involve the other.
If you decide not to attend A&M, you will need to decline your admission offer and then apply to get the housing deposit refunded to you. The housing application is not refundable.

You can sign up for your NSC whenever you like, as long as there is still availability for the session that you want to attend. Make sure you select a session that is offering your major.

Thanks for the inputs! @Thelma2

@tawoo95 Thanks so much for the 2017 Admissions statistics. Those numbers are astounding.

I shared them with my TAMU Blinn Team Aggiebound daughter this morning. After hearing that there were over 42,000 applicants, with 27,000 applicants undergoing holistic review and that over 8,000 applicants were then denied admissions, she understands how fortunate she really is to have been one of the approximately 2400 applicants who were offered Blinn Team.

I canā€™t imagine what the process will be by the time my (future) grandchildren are applying for college!!

To everyone who has a High School Junior or younger child: have them take SAT/ACT prep classes or at least take several practice tests online and utilize the online test prep until they consistently have high scores; have them take at least one or more AP class per year of HS; get tutoring asap if any class is difficult and NEVER PASS UP EXTRA POINTS!!

I am astounded by those numbers! Good luck to next yearā€™s high school seniors!! Canā€™t believe the process will start in July! If you think you are an auto admit (and you are applying to a competitive major) make sure and get your application done as early as you can.

Hello,
Does TAMU offer merit scholarship for students in their Sophomore or Junior year on the basis of their performance(gap and other activities) in college?

P.S: Specifically for engineering department.

Yes, they offer merit scholarships for continuing students - you fill out an application each year. They are for all students and you will compete for all scholarships you are eligible for based on what you put on the application ( major, activities, etc).

Indians who will be going to TAMU (batch of 2021), could you kindly get in touch with me at
Email : ronnielodge99@gmail.com
Just want make some Indian friends. I am an Indian.

I would be ever so grateful if other people contact me too. I love to make new friends. :slight_smile:
Cheerio!

@ronnie1999 Hey there, I am an Indian too!! Would love to get in touch with you.

Molly-did you get your appeal?

@Mandolin1 Mollyā€™s appeal was successful. She posted here:http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/20547308/#Comment_20547308

Hello people,
I got an email from tamu financial aid office that I am eligible for dependency override. What exactly is dependency override, how much aid can I expect?? Please help

P.S: I am an intl student, and this email came after 3 weeks of submission of ISFAA.

@Zepodes I had no idea what a dependency override was so I had to google it. Here is the form I found for a TAMU branch school in Kingsville. https://www.tamuk.edu/finaid/onlineforms/1617_DEPOVR17.pdf
There is no way to know how much aid you can expect. Each case is likely different than the next.

Are there steps that you must complete? The link above has some explanations of what constitutes a dependency override.

@Zepodes I havenā€™t heard of this either. Please keep us posted on what you find out! Good luck!!!