TAMU Class of 2021 - Engineering Admission Decisions

BAC is Bachelor’s, ENGE is Engineering. Not so sure what CC means

@cxzbnm CC or CS? CS stands for College Station I assume. What majors did you apply for?

I was thinking if it were CS it would mean Computer Science

Hi, I got a deferral email too, but then I got accepted into the college of engineering on I think the 22nd? So it seems they’re going as fast as they can in terms of decisions. Good luck everyone!!

Those who were accepted into honors - how do you know? My son can’t remember if he applied for it .

@ArAr72 Are you asking about University Honors or Engineering Honors. He would have had to fill out a separate application for both. You may still be able to apply for Engineering Honors although University Honors is closed I believe.

Check the link for Engineering Honors for more information.

https://engineering.tamu.edu/programs/eh

Thank you, @TxSker - What are your thoughts? My son now says he’s hesitant because he thinks it will be more work (smart, lazy kid!). :slight_smile:

@ArAr72 That is a personal decision. If he doesn’t have great study habits he may need that 1st semester to get acclimated to college. From what I have seen the Engineering Honors program doesn’t add a lot of extra work but someone else who has a kid in it currently would provide better information than I can.

@cxzbnm could BAC-ENGE-CC mean Corpus Christi?

@ cxzbnm What does your AIS say?

@cxzbnm ours says BAC-ENGE-ME (ME = Mechanical Engineering). So CC must refer to your preferred specialty?

@ArAr72 Hey there, I was accepted into the Engineering Honors program, and I’m most likely going to do it. From the students I’ve talked to that are in it basically what I’ve gathered that it’s not more work and it’s not necessarily more difficult. It gives you access to early registration and smaller classes, so in that case, if there are any questions or confusion when it comes to the class, it’s easier to talk to your professor.

@ArAr72 CC is yur campus. Mine says CS which is for college station

When did you apply: 12/1
When did you get your UIN: 12/6
When did you receive your admission decision: 1/3
Admit-type: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Dwight Look COE ECEN
Did you get in: 1/6 admitted to COE
Honors program: didn’t apply
Class Rank: second quartile
SAT: 2290

Admit!

When did you apply: 10/11
When did you get your UIN: 10/13
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/20 for auto admit, 11/21 for engineering
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Auto Admit
Major/College of Choice: Did you get in: Mechanical engineering, yes
Honors program: Engineering Honors & awaiting University Honors
Class Rank: 1/32
SAT: NA
ACT: 32

Got innnnn

Review Admit
Submitted app on 11/19
Received UIN 11/22
Got into my major of choice, CS
SAT 1470
Rank says “First Quarter” on AIS so I guess that’s it. (School doesn’t rank)
I’m an international student!

Does A&M send email notification when we are admitted or should we go to AIS to check frequently?

I have just noticed today that my S’s “Howdy” page is now showing 6 tabs but there is no sign that he is admitted. AIS shows still under Review. He is a review admit applicant and waiting for engineering decision (actually any decision to A&M affiliates).

I becomes a little hopeful now because I read somewhere in College Confidential that extension from 3 tabs to 6 tabs on Howdy webpage could be an early sign of getting admission. Does anyone know what this means more? My S still cannot log in to “my housing portal” though. Whenever we try, it keeps showing "Either your session has timed out or you are not currently logged in. "

For your admission decision check AIS frequently because I didn’t get an email for that. But for your Engineering decision they do send an email. Not sure how late they send it after updating AIS/Howdy, but I stopped checking both often so the email was helpful. @Rafael428

@nyanpasu_ Thanks for the info!

Son got admitted today to engineering today. He didn’t get the email, found out through the AIS.