TAMU Class of 2021 - Engineering Admission Decisions

Another great tutoring place is 4.0 Go. It’s a lot closer to the university, as it is at north gate, and I used it myself a couple of times. It was helpful, but the rooms are a lot smaller than A+ im assuming. an

And as far as mosher tutoring, they really only prefer it if Mosher residents used it, because, well, the mosher residents are the ones paying for it (told to me by a couple of the tutors at mosher).

That is good to know, @TamuEngineer A friend of ours daughter is an ENGR sophomore now, lived elsewhere,on campus and went to the tutoring sessions last year! I was going off of her info on that. Somehow, she got away with it, but I see why they would prefer the Mosher students only.

Does anyone know if the engineering academy is enjoyable / worth it?

applied by 12/1 when can I expect results for TAMU for engineering? I am an international student.

@Mech123 Without your stats, no one can chance you.

@Thelma2 Yeah unfortunately not enough take advantage of Mosher tutors so they might as well make it open to everyone. I don’t mind personally, as it would encourage a lot more engineers to meet somewhere to help each other.

Hey,
Applied - 24 Sep 2016
UIN received - 27 Sep 2016
Deferment letter - 16 Dec 2016
ACT - 24
Class Rank - Top quarter
Major - Mechanical Engineering
2nd choice - Physics
Admit-type: Review Admit
International Applicant
Admission letter - waiting
Did you get in? - Not sure, Howdy portal shows 6 tabs, 1st choice major turned to General Engineering in AIS portal and Howdy portal shows ‘Major: ENGE Program: BAC-ENGE-GV’ (Assuming that means got admitted as General Engineering Major at Galveston)

Anyone with the same situation as mine?
If that’s the case, how hard would that be to get transferred to College Station and in Mechanical Engineering major after completion of freshman year?

@M13sh You won’t need to go through a transfer. You’ll just need to complete the Entry to A Major Requirements and apply for your engineering major.
TAMU website says:

1 Like

@Mi13sh My son has not yet accepted his engineering offer (chose between Galveston or pick another major). His still says Engineering Review BAC. I hope that helps.

@Mi13sh Lol nice, yours is just like mine. Everything is the same but my scores are a lil higher.

thank you @JAMCAFE

If I got accepted to engineering at Galveston, is there still a chance that I will be accepted to College Station?

@q31720 From what my son has learned Galveston is the only option. However, I highly advise you to email or call your tamu regional guidance counselor to make sure. My son received the Galveston option and he is very seriously considering it. Good luck with your decision.

@q31720 If you accept admissions to Galveston, you will complete your core engineering classes (2 math, 2 science, 2 engrineering) at GV as a freshman, and then apply to major,at the end of your freshman year, just as you would if you were a freshman on the CS campus. You would then automatically attend CS your sophomore year, in the major you were accepted into.

1 Like

Hey guys, I also got into Galveston. However, I’d rather have my second major I put (Math major) at College Station. I searched up “admitted freshman change major”. And it said you could change it, so I’m not sure if it’ll work or not?

General engineering at Galveston! NO! Now at this point, I want to go to Penn State because Penn State accepted me to petroleum engineering, the major I intend to do; not general engineering… Why isn’t UT’s decision coming out yet!? I’m anxious.

Has anyone been accepted to petroleum engineering at texas a&m college station for summer/fall 2017? Please let me know.

So say I went to Galveston for a year and decided that I wanted to study chemical engineering at College Station, will I automatically be able to study that major there? Or will there be some sort of admission process?

NVM

@q31720 @sean191297 If you accept general engineering at Galveston, at the successful completion of your freshman year, you apply to your specific major of engineering through the ETAM process: https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/advisors-procedures/entry-to-a-major/engineering-at-galveston-program/engineering-at-galveston-students-class-of-2020 If accepted into a major (Chemical, Petroleum in your cases), you may then begin your sophomore year in that major at College Station. College Station engineering freshman go through this same application process.

@sean191297 No one has been accepted into petroleum at College Station. Every incoming freshman is accepted into general engineering, whether it be on the College Station campus or the Galveston Campus. You have to have apply to the specific major you want and you have to have the qualifications to get the major you want.
In the last application cycle, 90% of students were accepted to the major of their choice.

Obviously, A&M wants you as a student. Being international, that is a very coveted spot, as with UT, they do not accept a whole lot of international students overall.

If you want to be a direct admit, Penn State or UT may be the way for you. Last year, UT also sent out their final wave on the third Friday of February. A lot of auto admits received their admissions on this date as did all of those that were offered PACE, CAP, Wait list for other open majors, and rejections.