TAMU Class of 2021 - Engineering Admission Decisions

Good to see a status update and portal change today!

When did you apply: 9/21
When did you get your UIN: a few days later
When did you receive your admission decision: 9/27
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Auto Admit
Major/College of Choice: Dwight Look COE BME
Did you get in: Admitted to A&M 9/27; admitted to COE 12/7/16
Honors program: no
Class Rank: top 2%
ACT: 34

Notes/thoughts D is likely not attending and will hit decline within the week or so to clear a spot for those waiting! Good luck!

2 Likes

my son got his engineering acceptance today! yahoo!

We are out of state… Colorado

When did you apply: 8/5
When did you get your UIN: 8/12
When did you receive your admission decision: September 27
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Academic
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering
Did you get in: Accepted A&M 9/27; accepted to College of Engineering 12/7
Honors program: maybe
Class Rank: school doesn’t rank
ACT: 33

Good luck everyone!

I’m not too sure how they’re acceptance is working. I didn’t apply until November 2nd, which was after the Engineering early decision and I was admitted into Engineering November 21st. Now I’m just wondering when Engineering Honors decisions come out :slight_smile:

D’s Howdy updated yesterday to show acceptance into general engineering (chemical engineering). Overnight AIS updated as well.

[quote]
Texas A&M University - College Station Fall 2017
Application Status: WHOOP! You have been ADMITTED
Level : Undergraduate
Major: ENGE
Program: BAC-ENGE-CH

Congrats, @JAMCAFE! Do you mind sharing your D’s stats?

@finsup

When did you apply: 11/28
When did you get your UIN: 11/30
When did you receive your admission decision: 12/6
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Auto Admit
Major/College of Choice: Dwight Look COE CHEN or BMEN
Did you get in: 12/6 Admitted to University. 12/12 Admitted to General Engineering (Chemical)
Honors program: Applied 12/1
Class Rank: top 1%
ACT: 33

Ok this is strange. I applied for MechE on 1st November. Till date apart from the normal decision, my engineering decision isnt out. Is there a reason for this or is it just happening randomly?? My AIS just shows Engineering Review and my Howdy shows Major as UNEN and Program as BAC-UNEN. What does this mean??

When did you apply: 10/13
When did you get your UIN: 10/19
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/25
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Academic or Review Admit-- HS doesn’t release rank
Major/College of Choice: Dwight Look ME or Aero
Did you get in: 10/25 Admitted to University. 11/21 Admitted to General Engineering (Mechanical)
Honors program: Applied 12/1
Class Rank: school does not rank
ACT: 34

The email for the Look admission was titled “Misc Correspondence”

@lolonimous --it means they are still considering your application for entry into engineering. So right now your major is “Engineering Review.” If you are accepted into engineering, your major will change to “General Engineering.”

When did you apply: 11/30
When did you get your UIN: 12/3
When did you receive your admission decision: 12/9
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Automatic
Major/College of Choice: Dwight Look COE CompSci
Did you get in: 12/9 Admitted to University - 12/13 Admitted to CoE
Honors program: No
Class Rank: Top 8%
SAT: 1300

I’m really surprised I got a decision so dang fast. Good luck to everyone else.

Could anyone tell me when scholarship notifications are sent and how they are sent ? Just got accepted into COE .

@ChampBoy – I’ve heard they are very scarce. We are in-state with ACT 34 and top 2% and not expecting even a penny.

As for timing, I would think early spring maybe?

My son got accepted yesterday for Mechanical Engineering. He applied 11/30, I hope he receives a scholarship or two.

Howdy,

Thank you for your interest in Texas A&M University. You are still being considered for placement into the College of Engineering and a decision concerning your admission to Engineering is being deferred to mid-January. Rest assured, all of your credentials have been thoroughly reviewed and no additional supporting documents are necessary. Thank you for your patience. Please continue to monitor your status on the Applicant Information System.

Wishing you a safe and happy holiday season.

Office of Admissions

Did anyone else receive this? I’m upset because I wanted this decision before the holidays. /:

@nyanpasu_ yes, my son along with two of his friends received the same letter today! All three of them are review candidates. We are very frustrated since my son’s application was submitted on August 1. We too were hoping for a decision before Christmas! Very, very disappointed!

I just got deferred to mid-January decision for College of Engineering today. A little frustrated also. But has anyone got denied?

I was trying to edit my original post to add something else but I couldn’t so here is my new post, so my son who was admitted yesterday into the Mechanical Engineering program went to a non-ranking school here in Texas, he applied 11/30.

My son got the same deferred email this afternoon. He is OOS, very worry here…

Hey, to all those who got deferred, what major did you apply for? Maybe it could do with that?

@nyanpasu_ Chemical Engineering