TAMU Class of 2021 - Engineering Admission Decisions

Welp, I applied CS. Nevermind…

S was deferred at TAMU Engineering. Disappointed, but will hear again in mid-January.

GPA (UW): 3.74
GPA (W): 4.22

SAT (new): 1430 (730 RW, 700 M)

Eagle Scout, TAMU Aerospace Engineering Camp SOAR (and won design award there), other activities, etc., and National Commended Scholar.

Out-of-State (Virginia).

Even i was deferred for TAMU engineering. Will also hear again in mid-January.

SAT: 1400 (660 RW, 740 M)
Major: Mechanical Engineering
IB Diploma holder

International student (Indian from Singapore)

However didn’t the AIS portal show that the decision will be received in mid-January for all the deferred applicants??

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking too, @lolonimous Was quite surprised when it said deferred, but then I saw people already getting accepted here so I was sad. Haha

My D got the same: still being considered for admission and for placement in the College of Engineering; however, your decision is being deferred to mid-January.

So, this means that being accepted to A&M - never mind College of Engineering - has not even been offered, correct?
I wish admissions had at least offered acceptance to A&M…would have eased our minds just a tad bit.

Wait, I’m pretty sure all of us have been accepted to A&M. Only the engineering decision has been deferred to mid-Jan. Someone correct me if I’m wrong!

@nyanpasu_ When I got deferred, the email said “You are still being considered for admission and for placement in the college of engineering” So I guess that means we’re not accepted yet?

@antdujanovic Mine said “You are still being considered for placement into the College of Engineering and a decision concerning your admission to Engineering is being deferred to mid-January” so I guess there are different kinds of deferral mails you can get?

@antdujanovic That means you are admitted into the university. Not in the college of engineering since it has a review process. I guess they used the word defer in this case to state that the college is closing for the winter holidays and that the rest of the decisions will be given in mid-Jan. Hang in there!!

This is exactly what the email said:

Thank you for your interest in Texas A&M University. You are still being considered for placement into the College of Engineering and a decision concerning your admission to Engineering is being deferred to mid-January. Rest assured, all of your credentials have been thoroughly reviewed and no additional supporting documents are necessary. Thank you for your patience. Please continue to monitor your status on the Applicant Information System.

@lolonimous —honestly to me that just sounds like “we are still making decisions but we are going on holiday break.”

Exactly @carachel2

Here’s what I got,
Howdy,
Thank you for your interest in Texas A&M University. You are still being considered for admission and for placement in the College of Engineering; however, your decision is being deferred to mid-January. Rest assured, all of your credentials have been thoroughly reviewed and no additional supporting documents are necessary. Thank you for your patience. Please continue to monitor your status on the Applicant Information System.

Then again, might just be because of the holiday break.

I agree. @carachel2 Decisions are still being made. Heck, the regular deadline is barely passed.

With regular decision for engineering mid January anyway, it may be more to everyone’s advantage who is still awaiting decision.
I am curious, just for reference for next year, if A&M still offers ED:
1.Is there anyone who was an auto admit or academic admit still waiting on being formally admitted to the university?
2. Is there anyone who auto admit/academic who is already formally admitted and applied ED, and is being deferred for engineering decision until mid January?
3. Is there anyone who is a review applicant who applied ED and is being deferred to mid January?

@lolonimous Are you sure I got admitted? Because the email said “you are still being considered for admission”. So I don’t know If I’m admitted just as a student. But that other email referring to engineering that other people got just talked about placement in College of Engineering.

@lolonimous- Based on the wording you received - You are still being considered for placement into the College of Engineering - you DID get into the university. My D’s email stated “still being considered for admission and…”
Did you check your howdy portal to see if it now
has 6 tabs instead of the standard 3?

@Thelma2 --D was an auto admit IN state who applied in early September and just last week (12/7) was granted admission into engineering (34 ACT, top 2%)

Based on that information alone, everyone who is still on review should see they are s l o w l y plowing through the literally thousands of applications awaiting review.

Good luck to everyone still waiting–and just know that school administrators look like they are finishing up departmental business, graduation and taking a break!!

Does your AIS still say “You’ve been admitted!” ? Or did it never say that?

My AIS shows “You’ve been admitted” @Whoop '90 @antdujanovic Check your AIS portals! And yes I do have 6 tabs on my Howdy portal!! I think they sent out two kinds of emails: One for people who havent received an admittance to the university yet and one for people awaiting their engineering decisions. I hope this makes things clearer!! :slight_smile: