TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

It is July 3rd! Applications for TAMU opened 2 days ago via Apply Texas. (Yep, one month earlier this year!)
Good Luck everyone applying to Texas A&M University.
This thread on the TAMU forum is for the HS class of 2018 applying for Fall 2018 admission.

When did you apply:
When did you get your UIN:
When did you receive your admission decision:
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit:
Major/College of Choice:
Did you get in:
Honors program:
Class Rank:
SAT:
ACT:

So I started my A&M app via Apply Texas and I am done filling everything out but I don’t see where they ask about letters of recommendation. Does anyone else? Or are we supposed to mail those in?

Once Apply Texas sends the data to A&M, you’ll get a log-in to the application portal for A&M. You can upload additional documents there. You should get that later in the week or possibly early next week due to the holiday.

When did you apply: **Not Yet/b
When did you get your UIN: N/A
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Electrical Engineering/Dwight Look
Did you get in: N/A
Honors program: N/A
Class Rank: **20%/b
SAT: **1380/b
ACT: **31/b

You will mail them in. Go to the Admissions website and there is a form you will print out and mail it along with your shot record directly to the college of admissions.

Are you guys using Apply Texas or the Coalition application? & what are you guys applying for? I’m applying as a petroleum engineer!

@Hammerhellz

I am using ApplyTexas. I’m also applying as an engineer (you only choose your specific engineering major at sophmore year, you start as general engineering).

Apply Texas - Mays (Business)

Boy/girl twins applied to TAMU for Class of 2022

@Hammerhellz - Son is applying to engineering. He went ahead and applied through Apply Texas even though he’ll use Coalition App for other schools that applications open in August.

When did you apply: July 2 (Apply Texas app submitted)
When did you get your UIN: July 6
When did you receive your admission decision: Application complete and in review (all documents uploaded and received) 7/8
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Both auto admit to university; son applying to engineering, so admission to engineering will be holistic review (2nd year for TAMU to do so)
Major/College of Choice: D Biomedical Science (1) Nutrition (2) S Biomedical Engineering (1) Chemical Engineering (2)
Did you get in:
Honors program: D no S will apply for Engineering Honors classes only (not A&M Honors college)
Class Rank: D top 5% S top 4%
SAT: both very good / D SAT scores higher than ACT (both high 90 percentiles Math; D mid 90 percentile composite, S 98% composite)
ACT: both very good / S ACT a little higher than SAT (99% percentile composite and STEM)

When did you apply: July 1 (using applytexas)
When did you get your UIN: July 7
When did you receive admission decision: TBD
Auto/Academic/Review Admit?: Auto-Admit
Major/College of Choice: Dwight Look COE, Computer Eng (CompSci path)
Did you get in: Man I really hope so
Honors Program: Maybe
Class Rank: 3rd
SAT: 1380
ACT: N/A
Instate Student

Ive been looking at last year’s forum about this and its been stressing me out, I feel like my SAT score is low comlared to several posted there and not knowing until December is going to kill me.

Anyone else nervous about pushing the submit button?? We have reviewed everything but still can’t push the button. What if we have forgotten something??

@JenniferAggie91

If multiple people have looked it over, then it should be good.

We pushed the button :slight_smile:

Replying for my Son

When did you apply: 7/10
When did you get your UIN: n/a
When did you receive your admission decision: n/a
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Academic
Major/College of Choice: Mays - Management/Accounting
Did you get in: n/a
Honors program: likely Business Honors
Class Rank: Top 15%
SAT: TBD
ACT: 31

Is anyone else in the TAMU or nothing boat? This is literally the only place he wants to go!

@AggieMom22

My stats are almost identical haha (don’t know about Class rank, but I’m predicting it will be 15% and my ACT is a 31 composite).

Anyone else’s application status already change from INCOMPLETE to IN PROGRESS?!? :open_mouth:

@RMNiMiTz We weren’t going to take the SAT, but he’s pretty sure he can study his way “into awesomeness.”

Good Luck!

@addicted2MT NOT YET. We’re dying here! He won’t even entertain the idea of other schools until TAMU accepts him.

When did you apply: Finished app, just cleaning up essays before submitting
When did you get your UIN: n/a
When did you receive your admission decision: n/a
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: Biochemistry, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
Did you get in: n/a
Honors program: University Honors Program (?)
Class Rank: 4th out of 568
SAT: 1480
ACT: 30

Does anyone on this thread know if there are minimum test scores for applying to the University Honors Program?

@addicted2MT not sure if this means anything but I contacted the admissions office about a month ago and they said they won’t release any decisions until September 1st

@freshmesh167

Uni decisions or major decisions?