TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

My AIS just updated. Anyone else?

Did it update to say that you are admitted? @mattspears

How do you know when it has been updated?

@mattspears Updated as in an admission decision?

@mattspears As in you were accepted?

This day last year my daughter, who was a transfer, had her AIS updated to “You’ve been admitted”… this came up on my facebook memory today. lol… So if you have 6 tabs on Howdy, then it’s going to be any day if not today!!! Good Luck!!

Just as an FYI…although my daughter (auto-admit) hasn’t had her AIS update, her housing portal is now open. We were able to sign and complete the application for on campus housing this morning, despite not being technically admitted yet.

If you don’t have 6 tabs already does that mean that you are not an auto accept?

@cabmaddog I would say that is safe to say, but if you know you are an automatic, then you should have those tabs. Contact admissions if not.

@aggiemom2022 that is great. My son and I are going to get his application in today if it will allow us to submit, but we need his Student ID. Was this assigned to them already?

@abear2022 Your son’s UIN is his student ID forever and ever!

Housing application is open for me, still not accepted technically though. Anyone have any luck?

@abear2022 We just clicked on the housing application link in Howdy, and it prefilled all of her contact info/student number automatically :slight_smile:

@YourCollegeMom thank you!! One more question…at what point can you make specific housing requests? Appreciate it!

@aggiemom2022 thank you!! Were you able to make a hall/apartment request on the application, or does that need to be done separately?

I just finished the housing application!!

@abear2022 I believe it said that we would receive an email at a later date assigning us a window of time to log on and make specific requests

@aggiemom2022 perfect! Praying we get some official news today! Wouldn’t it be nice to celebrate over the weekend!?

@ housing questions. Filling out applications asap will give you a really good time slot for applying to actual dorm assignments. If it’s like last year (which was the first year doing it like this), you will log on at your time and then search open rooms/beds of your choice. Some may already have people assigned and you can click on their profile to see if a good match. Hullabaloo was full within the first 7 minutes of it opening. Later though some other rooms became available if people switched out. Modulars also went really fast. So if you find the location you want, get it stat.

I hope this makes sense. KEEP in mind… you won’t get a time slot until May (as in they tell you when you’ll go select room)… but your actual log in time may not be til June. So now it’s time to sit back and not think about this part of it. Congrats and getting accepted to the best place on Earth!!!

@abear2022 That would be such a blessing! I know she’s in, but I sure would like that confirmation :slight_smile: