TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

@bigyear22, what do you enter for “Student ID” at the bottom of Housing Contract page?

Is it UIN?

@Bader316 Yes, your UIN. That will be your ID number for the rest of your days.

@Thelma2, Thanks. I applied for my son. It did not show any hall selection option. Does that sound right?

When did you apply: July 1 (using Apply Texas)
When did you get your UIN: July 7
When did you receive admission decision: September 21 on AIS for the University
Auto/Academic/Review Admit?: Auto-Admit
Major/College of Choice: Dwight Look COE, Computer Eng (CompSci path)
Did you get in: Waiting on COE Decision
Honors Program: Maybe
Class Rank: 3rd
SAT: 1380
ACT: N/A
Instate Student

Reposting for 2023 engineering applicants - my AIS updated to say I’ve been accepted. Now to wait until December.

@Bader316 do you remember the section number that asked for a UIN? I don’t remember filling that in when I completed the housing application earlier today.

@Bader316 The way A&M is doing their room assignments now is different than 3 cycles ago. Last year was the first year for this new system.
Right now, you are just filling out the application, to secure you place in line, so to speak. You will receive an email late spring (May?) This email will inform you of when your room selection date and time.

Here is some info from last year.
Housing
During the spring semester, all applicants will be given a date and time to come back and self select a hall/apartment and room. Applicants will be given a date and time based on their Housing Status (priority, guaranteed or waitlist) and their Housing Priority Date.

In the unlikely event that you are not able to self select a hall/apartment and room, or choose not to self select, you must give us at least three housing preferences so that we can manually assign you. Housing preferences are not a guarantee that you will be placed in these halls/apartments.

Most students will be self-selecting their assignment through the housing portal
Please see this link for self-select instructions: https://oncampusaggies.tamu.edu/Images/Site/TAMU/Room%20Self%20Select%20Instructions.pdf
***Read this link-it explains the process you will go through to select during your allotted dates/time)

 You CANNOT select a room until your time slot starts, but please look over the instructions now so that you can ask any questions you may have in advance

• Time Slot Schedule for all incoming students fall 2017

Confirmed LLP Mid-to-Late April
Priority Housing Early-to-Mid May
Guaranteed Housing Mid-to-Late May

Does anyone have an idea of when they should start sending out more updates through AIS now that a few people have heard they are accepted?

@tamu2022 typically next round is December. That’s for review candidates.

AIS updated after 5PM today. Son got admitted to Mays Business School.

@aggiemom2022, The page heading was “Housing Contract”. At the bottom of that page, it asked to enter “Student ID” followed by a text box, where I entered UIN #.

HOUSING CONTRACTS: For everyone who is signing a housing contract, whether you pay the deposit or not, know that if you end up not wanting to live in the dorm, you must cancel your housing contract no later than May 1. There have been several students/parents finding out the hard way that changed their minds where they would live, thought the contract wasn’t complete because they did not pay deposit, therefore, it was disposed of, or were on wait list housing and decided to go ahead and lease an apartment. If you do not cancel your housing contract by May 1, you will be liable for paying dorm charges depending on when you cancel. After Aug 15, you pay the whole year’s worth. This came up for several parents when the billing statements came out.

Read #4 on the second page carefully

UPDATE

Got admitted today. See my previous post for my stats. No engineering decision yet

I’m an aggie! Admitted today to the college of agriculture and life sciences!

Congrats to those accepted! Very exciting times! For the kids that just moved from review status to academic admit due to better test scores, will they get their acceptance sooner than Dec? I was hoping it’d be rolling admission and they’d get notification as soon as A&M received the score report (which should be in the next 2 - 3 weeks).

My son got admitted! Just updated on AIS! Biomedical Science here he comes! Gig 'em!

Academic admits will be admitted within few days to a week or two of their applications, so as those come in and are processed, they should receive their admissions relatively soon.

When College Board sends the scores over will also play into it. They have sometimes been known not to be expeditious, so print off your receipt of sending in the new scores and follow up with them if need be.

Got admitted!! Visualization :slight_smile:

Son admitted to Mays!

When did you apply: August 11th
When did you get your UIN: August 15th
When did you receive your admission decision: September 21st
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: Biochemistry, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
Did you get in: Admitted!
Class Rank: 4th out of 568
SAT: 1480
ACT: 30

Does anyone know when scholarship notifications typically are?

When did you apply: August 7
When did you get your UIN: August 9
When did you receive your admission decision: September 21
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: Mays Business School
Did you get in: Yes
Class Rank: 26/550
SAT: 1350
ACT: N/A