TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

My application was completed Tuesday and I got accepted today!

I’m confused about getting the UIN number back. Does the Apply Texas application have to be completed (extracurricular activities, grades, essays, etc.) to get the UIN number back?

@cc7267

Wow, that was really fast (only 4 days??)

Yes. You do the application in Apply Texas and submit it and then A&M sends email with number and explains how to signup for their system so you can track progress of application.

@RMNiMiTz Yes, I am surprised it got done so quickly. I was an auto-admit, but I figured it would take longer. It was a pleasant surprise though!

My son received his acceptance via AIS yesterday around 2pm, two days after his 6 Howdy tabs appeared. His Howdy portal hasn’t updated yet, but we assume that will happen next week. We were able to pay the housing deposit online just fine.

Received my admissions package today and I have to say, I am digging the new vertical “congratulations” banner!

Awesome, congrats.

Application status is ''Completed and under Review. Received an email from a cadet in the Corps, reaching out and introducing himself and his outfit. Does this mean anything?

so my test scores aren’t the greatest but my biggest dream is being an Aggie! I’m really worried I wont get admitted because of my poor scores but I am retaking my SAT this weekend. Anyone else have the same worries?

When did you apply: 9/19/17 (scores didn’t get received until this week)
When did you get your UIN: 9/21/17
When did you receive your admission decision: n/a
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit:
Major/College of Choice: kinesiology/ college of education
Did you get in: n/a
Honors program:
Class Rank: school doesn’t rank
SAT: 1140 (retaking this weekend)
ACT:22

Good luck @watergirl23 Be confident when taking your SAT saturday. Breathe! Get a good night’s rest, eat a good breakfast and drink water! We have another thread for review admits if you want to wait it out over there with us! lol My son is in the same boat… it’s a waiting game for sure. His other choice is SMU, so we shall see.

When did you apply: 9/25 (ApplyTexas)
When did you get your UIN: 9/27
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/3
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: EE/Dwight Look Engineering
Did you get in: YEAA (not sure for Engineering)
Honors program: Maybe
Class Rank: 18%
SAT: 760 Math/680 R/W
ACT: 31

RMNiMiTz Congratulations! Whoop!

A few questions please - how long did it take for A&M to get your SAT scores? And my son got a number back from ApplyTexas as soon he pressed submit - that’s not the same as the UIN number is it?

@TexasMustang

They haven’t gotten my SAT scores yet. In fact, I emailed my regional advisor yesterday (because I’m not sure what will happen). I got admitted solely on my 31 ACT (which unfortunately barely meets the math requirement, so I prefer the SAT).

The number you got from ApplyTexas is sort of like a receipt. The UIN usually comes 2-3 days after (in an email from TAMU).

Thank you for answering. Again, congratulations!

Sorry, another question RMNiMiTz - when did you request that your SAT scores be sent to A&M? And did you rush send them? The SAT scores arriving and being logged into the system and getting the UIN back are all that seems to be holding things up with my son’s application.

@anxious_stdnt “It looks like engineering decisions won’t start being released until mid-January, as my AIS says that those who apply by October 15 have been deferred to the January decisions cycle”

My DD’s acceptance letter from TAMU says something different regarding engineering acceptances:

“Students whose files are complete by October 15th will receive notification of engineering selections by early December; files completed after October 15th will receive notification by mid-January”

@TexasMustang

I had my scores sent regularly.

I am not sure (have only heard this in a few places), but normal sending is supposedly faster than rushing.

I heard that rush scores are sent physically (by mail) and normal is sent electronically. Since most schools process electronically, it is supposedly faster than rushed scores.

However, I don’t really know if this is true or not.

I requested my scores about a week ago (and TAMU still hasn’t received them, I just checked).

Son received a letter in his email and AIS this morning that he has been admitted to Engineering! WHOOP!!! We didn’t think he would receive notice until December. He rarely texts me and he sent me a screenshot before he went to football practice this morning. I think he’s a little excited. :slight_smile: Under Major it now says General Engineering (Biomedical) on AIS. It let me register him for his NSC just now. (It let him register for housing when he got notice of admission to university a few weeks ago.)

Both daughter and son received the big packet on Monday in snail mail.

Admission stats on previous post.

@bigyear22 That is great news. Congrats!!! I’m shocked they notified so soon, but that’s great they are getting things moving so the hide and wait process is over! Welcome to Aggieland (to both your kiddos).