TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

@bigyear22 Great news. My son was admitted to General Engineering today with emphasis on Aerospace. Gig’em.

that’s awesome congrats!

Still haven’t gotten my packet yet, but was in the round of first admissions!! Any idea why? :frowning:

Your AIS shows the letter in documents, right? If you haven’t received packet then it’s probably just the mail system. You can call admissions to see if it’s been mailed and when. Maybe they can resend. But check your AIS first if you haven’t already.

@AggieViz - I wouldn’t worry yet. My son was in the first round as well and he still hasn’t received his packet yet. We check the mail everyday! ;)) I would expect by this weekend, you both should get it. Fingers crossed!

@trish02

What do you mean by “first round”?

Howdy! My son is a review admit. Two questions: 1) Do review admissions decisions come out at a certain time?
2) How competitive is Construction Science to get into?
Thanks in advance!

@CrazyMom23

It depends on when you applied. However, I would say that you should expect to have a decent wait before you get the notification.

If your son is a National Merit Finalist, getting into Construction Science shouldn’t be a problem.

@brazos21 Thanks and congrats to your son as well!

@YourCollegeMom Thank you!

My review son applied July 5th and sadly he is not NMF.

@ccsouth I’m fairly certain that my AIS said that at one point, however I just now checked again and it seems to have changed back to the original statement of mid-December, the same message printed on the letter I received. There is a chance I misread, but regardless my AIS is now consistent with everything else so who knows what happened, maybe I misread or maybe an incorrect message was on my AIS

@RMNiMiTz Oh, sorry… “first round” might not be that accurate of a term. I just meant that he was an auto-admit notified on 9/21. From what I’ve read around here and on twitter, that was around when the first notifications of acceptances went out. I’m sorry for the confusion; it probably is the wrong term to use. He applied early - 7/13.

Admissions will start rolling acceptance most likely in December. 2 years ago we had waves of notifications. Like a certain date would release X amount then a few weeks later, another wave. Last year it was random. People heard days a part or a week a part etc. didn’t seem to follow the year before at all. Who knows. They are very secretive lol.

@trish02

So it’s been about 2 weeks and you still haven’t received your packet in the mail?

Maybe the packet for engineering applicants only arrives in December??

@RMNiMiTz Yes. My kiddo is a Physics major in the College of Science. I think it is just where we live - mail is always slow out here. According to the twitter feed, they just mailed them out last week 9/28. His acceptance letter is in AIS dated 9/21, so its all good.

@trish02 my kids decision date shows 9/21 and the packet arrived 10/3 if that helps.

Yes the packet tells you to sign up for New Student Conference but you can’t do that until you hear about Engineering acceptance. Packet will come after Engineering review is determined. My daughter is in same boat but I guess all engineering students are too so shouldn’t affect registration of classes.

Classes are opened gradually throughout NSC period. Every session will have some new sections opened & the left over openings from the sessions before them ( which include sign ups from current students done in the spring).

oops I guess I’m wrong. My daughter got the packet in mail today but it did not have information on signing up for
NSC unless she changes major.

He got the packet today!! :D/
Thanks, everyone, for keeping me calm as we waited. :x