TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

I haven’t applied yet but, I have an act score of 31 and A sat score of a 1340. The only thing hurting me is that my rank is 297/620 meaning I’m in the top 48% I’m a review applicant but many ppl say I have a good shot since affirmative action is in my favor I want a biomedical science major what do you guys think?

You might have a chance (31 ACT isn’t bad). However, I think you are overestimating Affirmative action, especially at a school like TAMU.

I know I know but you saying I have a chance is all I need, but with a 31 I should for sure get blinn team if anything,

I am not sure what you mean. Isn’t blinn team only offered if you don’t get accepted? I thought you couldn’t apply for Blinn.

Either way, there is no reason for you to not have already applied.

I just finished my essays and I didn’t realize that I could send my scores in after I applied so I’m applying tomorrow. I’m just scared everyone I ask tells me I have a good shot because of my essays and scores but idk what do you think?

My son applied Oct 1 and sent his transcript via AIS Oct 5 but transcript still hasnt updated but says has been recieved. Hes applying to the engineering school, im afraid it wont be processed before the deadline of Oct 15 or does it matter since it shows recieved but not processed yet? He is in the top 4.5% of his class, Hispanic Merit Scholar, SAT 1290 with a math score of 660 all AP, IB and dual credit classes. Do you think he has a good chance of getting admitted?

My daughter applied October 2 and received her UIN. Scores aren’t that great (1100 on the SAT) She is not a great tester. 17/157 with a 4.01 GPA. Lots of ECs including athletics, varsity cheer, student council, NHS, etc. Also tons of community involvement and volunteer work. Good essays. Wants to be in the Liberal Arts college. Any thoughts on chances for admission?

@helimom3

It’s going to be pretty tough since she isn’t top 10% and her SAT is 1100 (so review admit). However, College of Liberal Arts shouldn’t be too hard to get into.

I would think she needs some more safety schools because admission into TAMU is going to be very risky.

She could consider retaking the SAT in November.

Thanks, she has taken it twice with the same score! She does very well in school (AP and dual credit classes) but doesn’t seem to test well. We will just have to wait and see.

@helimom3 has she taken act? Tamu offers residual act. Taken on campus. Scored within a day. Looks good too since it shows high level of tamu interest. The scores will only go for tamu though. Cannot be used at othe schools. Let me know if you want details and I’ll get the link.

I would appreciate the info! thanks!

@helimom3 Here ya go. IT’s pricier but could be worth it. Just warn your daughter that she cannot write on the test itself. That threw my son for a loop. They do give scrap paper, but if she’s use to circling or just notating for the reading section, it’s best to know now that it’s not allowed. Also, very small setting, only like 7 kids in the room. Kind of nice for those with test anxiety.

http://testing.tamu.edu/Exams/ACT

I submitted my application on oct 6 and received my UIN on oct 9. I am an auto admit and applied to Mays, so roughly how long before I get a decision?

@Follower7

Give it a few days. I received mine 5 days after I submitted everything.

RMNiMITz - how long after you or your school uploaded your transcript did it take for A&M to put those green check marks next to that listing? We got the transcript properly uploaded Saturday night and are still getting that yellow symbol next to the listing for high school transcript.

@TexasMustang

It took me 2 days. I think I put it in on a Tuesday afternoon and got the check on Thursday (sometime before lunch). Since they say that it takes a few business days, I think uploading on a weekend might lead to a few extra days.

The fact that it is only a couple of days away from the 10/15 Early deadline might also cause a delay. A bunch of procrastinators are probably sending in their stuff now.

My son uploaded his transcripts on Oct 5 and it still has a yellow symbol. It shows recieved but not processed yet? The deadline is getting closer.

When I called admissions today I was told the transcript analysts are behind in processing the transcripts because they are receiving a lot of documents to meet the Oct. 15 spring transfer admissions deadline. If it is not processed by Tuesday my son and I will drive up there and speak to them in person. When my older son applied around 9 years ago he should have been an auto academic admit and nothing was happening. They finally told me that he didn’t have two years of foreign language on his transcript so they had just set the transcript aside. We got that straightened out and he was admitted but the first few times I called I just got put off answers. I don’t want a repeat of that and by the time someone is willing to tell us what the problem is it’s too late to get in.

Does anyone know when scholarship notifications typically come out?