TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

^^ Great question.

@freshmesh167 and @trish02 Scholarship notifications go out starting in January and could go into March. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear!

When did you apply: Aug 1
When did you get your UIN: Aug 10
When did you receive your admission decision:?
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Construction Science
Did you get in:?
Honors program:
Class Rank:66/626. Top 10.5
SAT:1170
ACT:

What are your thoughts on my daughter getting full acceptance compared to Blinn Team? Very disappointed that our school did not update class size over the summer and won’t until January. She would be top 10.2% and automatic. She is in a lot of extracurriculars, Dual credit classes, Texas A&M YAP camp, and 2 summer internships with a federal judge and at a construction company. Do you think Construction Science will help her? Thank you all so much! This site is a blessing to so many!

@beckistew I think your daughter has an excellent chance of full acceptance. The ranking itself is probably enough to get her in with no issues! Her SAT isn’t great but still really good. Her ECs are awesome as well. Major doesn’t help or hurt (so they promise me). But great that her ECs show her passion!! Keep the faith momma!!!

Thank you so much for your feedback! She’s praying for A&M, but has TCU for back up. Your positive thoughts give us encouragement. Thanks again!!

@beckistew if she does not get the answer she wants & ends up with a top10% rank, she can apply for the spring semester as an auto admit. Just do NOT take any classes after HS graduation to maintain freshman admit status - just one course will void it. You have until May 1 to decide whether to accept your offer for the Fall at all schools, so she should have a good idea of her standing by then.

When did you apply: October 1st
When did you get your UIN: October 4th
When did you receive your admission decision: October 10th
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: Biomedical Sciences
Did you get in: Yes
Honors program: application in process
Class Rank: top 10%
SAT: 1260
ACT: 29
Honestly super pumped, considering how this was the only school I applied to

When did you apply: September 29
When did you get your UIN: October 4
When did you receive your admission decision: still waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review admit
Major/College of Choice: Mays Business
Did you get in: Open
Honors program:
Class Rank: 34% (211/627) - Super competitive high school
SAT: 1260
ACT:n/a

I’m an in-state student with a lots of extra curricular activities (student athlete and student organization leader) and volunteer hours as well as part-time work.

What do you think my chances of getting full admit versus Blinn Team? Or either?

Also, I did all 3 essays and received a letter of recommendation from my coach. SAT was actually 1270 not 1260.

@hopefullaggie Mays is really tough to get into when you’re a review admit. The majority of spots go to automatics and academic admits, sadly. I wish they did holistic review like Engineering. They only have so many spots open for freshmen, so every review admit is at a disadvantage for Mays. Your class rank may hurt you unless TAMU admissions knows the demographics of your school (like a West Lake in Austin). Your SAT is decent but still falls short of academic admit standards. It’s great that you have LOR and ECs to help boost your well rounded appeal. I think you could fall under a bubble of yes/no. If you were to get BlinnTeam, it’s an excellent choice and competitive. If TAMU is your first choice, then that would be a great route should you not get the answer you want! Best of luck and please keep us posted! Crossing my fingers you get the answer you want!!! OH and changing majors now into Mays is a definite possibility if you were to get into TAMU with different major. My son put his first choice Mays and 2nd choice Ag Business since they follow a very similar semester curriculum the first 2 years (Just FYI).

Thanks. That’s really helpful to know. By the way, I looked up my school ranking on schooldigger.com based on test scores. Last year West Lake was 58 out of 1,652. Mine was 65 out of 1,652. So hopefully they will consider that.

@hopefullaggie

Texas Public Universities (ie UT or TAMU) don’t consider “school ranking” as a part of admissions.

If you feel that your class ranking is poor, then you need to make up that gap with a high SAT score.

My son and I are driving up to A&M tomorrow to try to speak with someone in admissions about the delay that is occurring in the processing of his high school transcript. Does anyone have any tips on who to speak to?

@Texasmustang In the Koldus building is the admissions office person we met with. Her name is Ms. Pritchard. You could start there. I just now reached out to someone I know in admissions to see if she had a better idea of where to go or who to speak with. I will post if and when I hear back! I had to send through FB messenger (we aren’t close friends, lol) so not sure how often she looks at that.

Thank you so much YourCollegeMom. When my older son applied around 8 years ago the processing of his application was being delayed. Someone finally gave me a specific reason, which I promptly took care of and he was then admitted. Until that person told me the reason I just kept getting the standard “it takes time” answer. I want to make sure something similar isn’t happening with this child.

Hooray! My son’s howdy portal now shows that his high school transcript has been processed. He’s an auto academic admit so hopefully he will be admitted soon. I cancelled my trip to the admissions office. Thank you for your help YourCollegeMom.

That’s awesome @Texasmustang… Congrats. Once accepted, jump on that housing site!!!

Thank you for the housing tip YourCollegeMom. My older son, previously mentioned, stayed in the engineering dorm his freshmen year and it was a positive experience. This son has been invited to room off campus with friends who are already at A&M. They are diligent students and it should be a very good situation.

My application went under review earlier this week. I’m not an auto-admit, so when can I expect a decision?

Application Date: 10/16/17
GPA and Class Rank: 98.3: HS is non-ranking but is one of, if not the most competitive in the state (cutoff for top 10% was around a 107)
ACT Composite: 28
SAT: 1300
College applied for: College of Education & Human Development
Major in that College: Sports Management
ECs: Varsity Baseball Captain + 4 years of baseball ( 3 on Varsity), Mu Alpha Theta, NHS, 2 jobs, and over 60 hrs of volunteer work, 4 APs
Did you do all 3 essays: Yes
What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? ECs, Grades, and Test Scores
In state/Out of State: In State
Current Status on AIS: Completed and Under Review