TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

The engineering cutoff for documentation is also Oct. 15 - they have been doing that in the past as well. Here’s the chart http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/apply-engineering . If you look down the list it advises you to send your documentation 2-3 weeks early to make sure it processes in time. You can send documentation (scores/transcripts/LOR) in advance of submitting an application then they link the documents when the application arrives.

^^ the chart is under " when to apply" Note that for regular applicants the date for documentation is after the cutoff date for the applications however for early action it is the same date. It goes on to say “To qualify for Early Action notification, your admission file must be complete by October 15.” under the tab that says review

Thank you for your clarification

@Ethansports keep us posted though. We’re pulling for you!

They accepted me but I am under engineering review.

Has A&M received anyone’s FAFSA form? My S submitted beginning of this, but it is not yet showing up in A&M financial aid tab.

A&M hasnt accepted mine either @Bader316

Frustrated…my DS applied in mid-August, very strong states, EC’s, IB courses, letters of rec, but his HS was very slow in sending transcripts due to a delay in their school profile being completed (his HS does not rank). I had to intervene just to expedite those two remaining items which admissions (at A&M) received about 12 days ago. His AIS still shows his transcripts as “being processed”. Should I just hang tight or call admissions? Thx! This will be (hopefully) my second Aggie.

Just hang tight. My school was also extremely slow and after Oct. 15 it said it was still being processed. After waiting for roughly 3 or 4 days after OCt. 15 they processed it. They then took another day to give me a rank. They are probably swamped with transcripts so just give them time, as long as they have it you should be fine.

@SgtFriar2015 as long as it’s received you are good. They are swamped with transfer admissions and getting engineering students pushed through. Give it this week. Then I would call. One of the mommas on here waited and was about to come up here and then bam it was processed. Best of luck and keep us posted!

@YourCollegeMom - thank you for the re-assurance and dose of extra patience. Hoping to “Gig 'em” one more time with my second and final DS going to A&M!

My son had his transcript sent to A&M from his high school at the end of the past school year, but just finally submitted his A&M application a few days ago. It shows in AIS that his transcript has not been received. When the transcript is sent before the application, does it take awhile to connect it with the application once the application is submitted ? I have the same question about letters of recommendation. He asked two teachers to send those at the end of the school year (and included the sheet from the A&M website that you are to have sent along with them if you haven’t yet applied), but no letters of rec are showing in his AIS, either. We don’t know whether that’s because the teachers didn’t send them, or because it will take a few days for them to make the connection.

@texasjayhawk I would definitely have your son check with the teachers first to be sure they sent LOR. Then I would follow up with admissions on both transcript and LoR. You can also upload an official transcript in AIS as well as the LOR. There’s still so much time to get stuff in, but I totally get the anxiety of it all!

Applied: end of September
GPA 4.13, 10.7%
SAT: 1370 (m:750, v:620), thus not academic admit.
Different leadership roles, work part time, 1lor, sent in resume
What are my chances?

Cookieliu - what major(s) did you put on the application?

Applied math, BS

Applied math, BS

When did you apply: 7/27/17
When did you get your UIN:
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/31
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Auto Admit (Oct. 23) Engineering Review (Oct. 31)
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering
Did you get in: Yes
Honors program: Applying
Class Rank: 1st Quarter (School did not rank)
Cumulative Average: 95.53%
SAT: 1520
SAT Subject Tests: Math 2 750 Physics 730 Chemistry 740
ACT: Didn’t Take
OOS Student in NYC

Congratulations Colaboy82! Whoop! Seeing as you’re from NYC what has interested you in A&M?

@TexasMustang I was interested in the research that was being done there in prosthetics. I also visited before since my brother goes there for aerospace engineering and liked the campus.