Major/College of Choice: Physics
Class Rank: Barely top 20% in 650 person senior class
ACT: 28
Work part time
Made 3’s on five AP tests
Good essays
Some leadership
Texas resident

What are my chances of full admission???

@Bader316 @iceprincess00 Any progress with A&M accepting your FASFA forms yet? My son submitted his Oct.10th and it still isn’t showing up in his A&M financial aid portal. Does anyone know how long it takes? Should he call? BTW, he was accepted Sept.21st and so we think that shouldn’t be a reason for the delay.

@Colaboy82 you cannot be an auto admit as an OOS student- you are an academic admit .

@tb2000 My bad, wrote down the wrong thing.

Technically BOTH are automatic admits one is “automatic top 10% admission” , the other is “automatic academic admission” . http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted

The only reason I clarify this is there is often a claim that OOS do not qualify for automatic admission which is NOT true. They are however only eligible for academic admit status (not top 10%).

Yay!!! Admitted to Mays!!!
Also I had a question, is it common for students to take a gap year? I decided to take a year off but I’m kinda worried since I don’t know if this is taken as a bad thing or not.

@aggied26, your pathway of taking a gap year is not of issue. No it is not ‘common’ but it made the most sense in your case since you became an automatic admit vs. PSA - what a difference that year made for you. You will find students who pursued different pathways but only if you specifically ask - most people don’t ask. Congrats on your acceptance to Mays!

@aggie26 congrats. And good for you and taking the gap year. I may have missed it in the thread but were you holistic review?

Hi guys! My SAT score is 1180. I’m planning to major in Political Science.
I’m top 25% in my class.
I have a well rounded resume and leadership roles.
I’ve done 5 internships relating to my future career- Lawyer

I haven’t submitted my application yet, but do you guys think I have a chance of getting admitted?

@trish02, FAFSA info is not yet showing up on Financial Aid tab.

@trish02 same here, no sign FAFSA has been received

My FAFSA has been received since yesterday

Yes, FAFSA is showing up now. There was this little trick, “Academic Period 2018-2019” was not the default selection, which was the reason why FAFSA was not showing up.

Application Date: Completed 8/09

AIS: A few days later.

GPA and Class Rank: 3.5ish and School Does Not Rank (2nd Quartile On AIS)

AP Classes: 10

ACT Composite: 27

SAT: 1360

College applied for: Dwight Look College Of Engineering

Major in that College: Petroleum Engineering

ECs: Academic Decathlon, Solar Racing Team, STEM programme, Volunteer work

Did you do all 3 essays: Yep!

What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? I have certifications in SolidWorks as well as at least what I feel are well-written essays.

In state/Out of State: In State

Current Status on AIS: Admitted!

Admissions Decision: November 7th

@Bader316 You are brilliant! Thank you, we changed the academic period and it is there. Whew… Thanks for the help!!

@trish02 I was so happy too. Nothing was awarded but at least it showed up lol

If you don’t mind me asking, how did you change the academic period? Looks like a drop down menu but doesn’t work on ours.

@zmom22 yes on the left hand side, it should default to current year. I was able to click on it and go down one to 2018-2019.

@YourCollegeMom thanks, got it. Had to switch to mobile site since on my cell… wouldn’t open the other way.

When did you apply: 11/02/2017
When did you get your UIN: 11/06/17
When did you receive your admission decision:
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: College of Engineering
Did you get in: Hopefully
Honors program:
Class Rank: 233/1085
SAT: 1170
ACT:

Can y’all let me know if I have a good chance of getting?
I have over 200 service house and 5-6 Extra Curricular Activities
I believe I have solid essays