TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

I have a 3.82 GPA by the way.

@Mandog82
A&M does not consider your GPA at all unless they are having to assign you a rank if your HS does not rank.

It depends on your math readiness with engineering. What is your math subscore?
While you may get into A&M (review applicants are hard to chance) your SAT is on the low end for engineering. Getting into engineering is one thing. Staying in is another. Applicants undergo holistic review to pick the ones who have the best chance of staying in.

While your service hours and EC’s may help with admissions to the university, they will not help you get into engineering. That will come from your math readiness demonstrated through your application and test scores. That said, you could be offered one of the engineering academies. There are several now. Click on each academy for the specifics. https://engineering.tamu.edu/academies

Also, don’t forget to have some back ups for engineering and affordability, if that is what you really are passionate about. A&M is not the only good school in Texas (other than UT). Look into UT Arlington. They have a large partnership with Lockheed Martin. Also look into UT Dallas or the engineering programs at an A&M System Schools.

@Evon1254 you are the first review candidate that I have heard of being accepted this year. Even the auto admit engineering applicants are still in review-

@tb2000 I really think it has to do with applying early decision for engineering. So I would assume they look at holistic review for that as well, not just auto or academics. Otherwise it would be the same as Mays or any other impacted and non reviewed degree.

I don’t think there is ED at TAMU.?

There is Early Action at TAMU for Engineering only. We have one friend that was Auto Admit and he received his acceptance into Engineering just 7-10 days after he received his acceptance into TAMU.

WOW- so many with high stats still waiting- there is a page on here just for engineering tamu.

Yeah, I always get ED and EA confused. My son also applied to a couple of private schools that utilize ED and EA. All I know is he didn’t do the binding one for those. = )

@tb2000 Yea, I have a lot of friends who are top 10% and academic admits yet they are still in engineering review. Review candidates it seems get admitted directly into the college of engineering as well. I wasn’t accepted to the university before I was accepted into engineering. I was put right into General Eng.

@Thelma2
Math: 590
Reading and Writing: 580
Please update me on the admissions to the school and college of engineering.

Thank you!

@tb2000 Thinking those with NM recognition of some type are the ones being admitted to engineering so far. Probably some exceptions but thats what it looks like.

When did you apply: 10/13
When did you get your UIN:10/16
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision:no
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: not sure but it says admitted with review
Major/College of Choice:mechanical engg
Did you get in: only to univ
Honors program:applying
Class Rank:1st quarter
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore):34 ( 35) / 1520( 760)/ Math2 - 780, literature - 760

Are my chances good. my GPA is only 3.69 but an extremely tough high school in MA. lots of accelerated classes . OOS. Im a merit semifinalst in MA . do i have a chance, i know oos is very difficult

@rora18 With those test scores, they’d be crazy not to take you. Will also look at class rigor for eng. Welcome to Aggieland. I hope you get Eng. Dept!

My son is a holistic review candidate and yesterday his Howdy Portal changed to 6 tabs. From what I have read this is a good sign and his AIS will update shortly. What are the next steps?

@MBeezie - Oh that’s exciting!! My daughters stats are very similar - 1290 SAT, she took ACT earlier this month - grades come out Tuesday, 10.8% class rank, 4 years Varsity tennis, leadership, lots of community service/mission trips, etc. MAYBE ours will change soon too!! She applied for Entomology/Forensics. The waiting is painful!! Maybe when it officially changes to ACCEPTED you will receive email. I think Housing and scheduling NSC are next steps?? SO EXCITING! Congrats!

@JenniferAggie91 I applied as a Forensics major too! Still waiting on those 6 tabs though…ugh. Best of luck to your daughter!

@MBeezie when did your son apply? and what tabs changed to six? and what do they say?

The 6 tabs in howdy will be hard to miss. Right now there are only 3. I know one of the tabs is finance, can’t remember the rest. But trust me when I say you will know when you see it!

Exciting to hear people are starting to find out that aren’t engineering. At least I’m assuming it wasn’t.

Congrats!

@YourCollegeMom I must be looking in the wrong place. My kids don’t have a Finance anywhere? They have always had 6 tabs across the top - App Status, Bio Info, Test Scores, Documents, Communications and Contact Us. Where should we be looking??

@JenniferAggie91 sounds like you’re in AIS and not Howdy. Howdy.tamu.edu. Try that. You won’t get finance tab til you’re admitted.