TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

My bad 53 credits***

That’s still great and a lot!

I was recently accepted into Texas A&M University College Station for Computer Science (Engineering).
I was a holistic review candidate.

Here is some helpful information for others who are also applying -
When did you apply: 10/20
When did you get your UIN: 10/23 (my application was complete on 11/3)
When did you receive your engineering admission decision: 11/21
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: None
Major/College of Choice: Computer Science
Did you get accepted?: Yes
Honors Program?: Not yet applied
Class Rank: School does not rank, but I was in the top 14%
ACT/SAT: I sent my ACT score with a composite of 30 (35 Math, 33 Reading, 26 Science, 25 Writing)
Did you do all 3 essays: Yes
Did you send a resume?: Yes, I sent my UT Austin expanded resume
Recommendation Letters?: 1 Letter from my college counselor and 1 from my Pre-calculus teacher

Accepted to Cstat for Engineering. Stats:
When did you apply: Late July
When did you get your UIN: A few days later
When did you receive your admission decision: 9/21(uni), 11/20(Eng.)
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit:Auto
Major/College of Choice: Engineering (Dwight Look)
Did you get in: Yes
Honors program: Didn’t apply
Class Rank: top 10%
SAT: 1380, 700 Math, 680 English
ACT: 30 Comp, 35S, 30M,
Did 2 essays, No resume
No rec letters
Take BC Calc. and APP2 and Physics C
Internship at an engineering firm, and 4 years of FRC robotics if that affected the decision.

When did you apply: August 25th
When did you get your UIN: Don’t Remember
When did you receive your admission decision: September 16th
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: LA/Society, Ethics, and Law
Honors program: Not for me
Class Rank: 58/476
SAT: 1370
ACT: Did not take

I’m an out of state military dependent. I honestly was so shocked to see that I was fully admitted to Mays!! Thank the Lord
When did you apply: 10/18
When did you get your UIN: around the same time!
When did you receive your admission decision: 11/21
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Unsure/N/A
Major/College of Choice: Mays Business School
Did you get accepted?: Yes!
Honors Program?: Haven’t applied
Class Rank: 10.2%
ACT/SAT: 31 ACT
Did you do all 3 essays: Yep!
Did you send a resume?: No
Recommendation Letters?: 1 letter from my psychology teacher (who was also admin of the club I was president for.)

@SiennaBee what were your sub scores on your ACT. It is likely you were an academic admit to the university. Academic admit is open to in state, out of state, and international. You must be in top quarter of your class, have an ACT of 30 or higher with minimum subscores of 27 math and 27 english.

@Shadowsych What was your English score on the ACT? You too likely could have been an academic admit to the university. Every applicant to engineering undergoes holistic review. It is their “path” into the university that is either Auto admit, academic admit, or review admit.

@Thelma2
25 on the english section, so i wasn’t academic admit. Also, could i please see your spreadsheet you made last year for TAMU so i could compare it for one of my friends who is still waiting admissions?

@Shadowsych I posted what I had in the engineering acceptance thread. You may have to go back a page or two. Remember, the posts here are a small sampling of applicants. The ones posted are only those who gave their stats and then also gave their admission decision. There were some who were 1-2 post applicants who did not come back to CC to tell their admissions or ever gave their whole stats.

question: theres 98 kids in my hs and im number 10, do i get automaticly accepted or not?

@H2Odrinker you are technically outside the top 10% but you could be an academic admit based on your test scores

I finished all my application materials on 11-12 and got accepted to Biology major on 11-14. I am an academic admit.

applied 10/15
UIN was a week later, had to email for it
Academic admit, took week and a half
biomedical engineering, got in 10/31(kinda weird, right?)
top 11%
SAT: 1390

When did you apply: 9/24
When did you get your UIN: a few days later
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/5
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Academic
Major/College of Choice: SCM- Mays
Did you get in: YES!
Honors program: recently accepted into business honors, still waiting on university honors but not expecting to be denied
Class Rank: 9/450
ACT- 36

@iamopie Did you receive admission to engineering as well as admission to A&M, or are you still listed as under review for engineering? If you were admitted to engineering also, do you mind sharing your math SAT score and the math/sciences classes taken? Thanks

Just got notified that I was accepted to the Engineering Honors Program a couple of minutes ago so I am updating my stats.

When did you apply: 7/27/17
When did you get your UIN:
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/31
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Auto Admit (Oct. 23) Engineering Review (Oct. 31)
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering
Honors program: Yes (11/30/17)
Class Rank: 1st Quarter (School did not rank)
Cumulative Average: 95.53%
UWGPA: 3.93 WGPA: 4.55
SAT: 1520
SAT Subject Tests: Math 2 750 Physics 730 Chemistry 740
ACT: Didn’t Take
OOS Student in NYC

@katydeli how did u find out about mays honors? Did they send u an email

@katydeli Congrats. I’ve had a lot of discussions for various reasons with Business Honors. (long story!) It is such a phenomenal program and have nothing but respect for their leaders. Very happy for you.

is there honors for bims? how do i apply for honors?

@TexasStudent2018 thank you so much!!! @nillupa they sent me a folder with a letter and info about the program about a week ago!