TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

AGmomx2
are you sure that is true? I heard the engineering school is still rolling admissions…

@engineeringkid11 The school of engineering is not rolling admissions. It has been holistic review now going into its second year. Here is the announcement. https://engineering.tamu.edu/easa/areas/recruitment/admissions

@TXagghopeful1 no

@Thelma2 well ive had a lot of friends that have been accepted already, before the deadline has even approached. by definition isn’t that rolling admissions? im just confused because a holistic review process can still be rolling

@Thelma2 it says this on the bottom “admission decisions will continue to be communicated on a rolling basis”

“Rolling admissions” isn’t the same as “decisions communicated on a rolling basis”. The first phrase means that as you qualify for admissions you are automatically admitted direct to your major/college - first come, first served. The second phrase means there isn’t a release date that all decisions will go out on the same day (many other universities use this method - one day, everyone knows their answer). Hope that helps

yes it does thank you!

Does anyone know when honors admissions go out? Are notifications sent through AIS or TAMU email? Thanks!

@trish02 I got admitted to Engineering Honors 3 weeks after I submitted my application and was notified through my TAMU Gmail. All forms of Honors applications are handled on their own application sites and therefore WILL NOT show up your AIS.

@Evon1254 Thank you!

When did you apply: October 11, test scores received November 18
When did you get your UIN: October 13
When did you receive your admission decision: n/a
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: review admit
Major/College of Choice: biomedical engineering
Did you get in: hope so
Honors program: n/a
Class Rank: 989/1560
SAT: 1280
ACT: n/a

My application and everything but my test scores was received on October 11th and my test scores were received mid November. My step dad and step brother both graduated from TAMU and it’s my dream school. I’m a review admit and was wanting to know if anyone knew when we should start hearing from them? My application has been “complete and in review” for a month now. I’ve heard from all 4 other schools I applied to and got into all of them. I have AP credits and I have lots of activities, service hours, and a job. I’m dying to find out

@Kaitlin99: It is very likely that as a review applicant that you will get your offer in February 2018 or maybe later due to the later deadline as a result of Harvey. Don’t let the waiting stress you out, there are a LOT of applicants to TAMU.

For Fall of 2017, there were 42,000 applications and 27,000 of those were holistically reviewed. It just takes a lot of time. There are some review applicants for this year who have already heard but they submitted their applications early. It is also very common that all of the other schools that you are interested in have already responded. But those other schools may not have as many applicants or as high of requirements.

I currently have a Freshman Aggie on Blinn-TEAM. She was ranked 53% in her HS, 3.5 unweighted gpa (can’t remember her weighted gpa), one Dual Credit, SAT 1250, ACT 27, great ECs, essays and LORs. Her older sister was a full admit after review in 2012 and graduated TAMU Cum laude in 2016. I have posted a lot of info on College Confidential, click on my user name to read my previous posts about my daughters.

Your SAT score is good, the average SAT score for TAMU is 1253, so you are almost 30 points higher and that is a positive thing. Your class rank in the lower half of your school will count against you as most of the full admission spots go to Top 10% and Academic Admits, but scores and class rank are only 50% of what the reviewers use to decide. Hopefully your essays and LORs are good or you have a “hook” of some type (unrepresented minority, overcame a difficult situation, medical issue, etc).

Check out the info on Gateway and Blinn-TEAM as those offers will allow you to live as an Aggie in CStat and enjoy all the benefits! No one in Aggieland cares if someone starts out in Gateway or on Blinn-TEAM, there is no stigma. It is a space issue, there just isn’t enough room for everyone who wants to be an Aggie.

A teammate of my daughter was denied admissions to TAMU last year and decided to enroll at Blinn College so that she could experience living in Aggieland. She will transfer in 2 years. Both of her parents and at least one of her grandparents were Aggies. I don’t know her stats and have no idea why she was denied. But she isn’t letting anyone stop her from living the Aggie life!

Try to enjoy your Senior year, :slight_smile: it goes by quickly.

Some review candidates heard today! Check Howdy.

I’m a review applicant. I have a couple extra tabs on my howdy portal, but my AIS hasn’t changed. Does this mean I’m accepted? If so, any idea when my AIS will change? Thanks!

@rachiefj according to more experienced posters than I, the answer is YES. If you went from 3 to 6 tabs on Howdy, that is good news. AIS should update in the next day or so. Congrats!

Awesome! Thank you so much!! Best Christmas ever!!!

what does it mean when people are saying that they have less tabs on the Howdy portals

@iloveyou37443 The Howdy portal is where students can go to view grades, order transcripts, handle their finances, etc. The tabs they are referring to are section headers for different areas on the site. If you have 6 tabs, you’re admitted, and if you have 3, then you are still under review. Typically the Howdy portal changes before the AIS, and that’s why people are looking and talking about the tabs.

Do you know if an email will go out first or if the AIS will change first?

AIS should update first.