TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

I’m fixing to submit my TAMU app-- should I send my scores/transcript after I receive my UIN or could I send those once I submit my ApplyTexas?

You can send the supporting documents at any time. They will merge them all together. My son sent his transcripts on Aug 1, the year he applied and submitted the app in October.

@Thelma2

I knew that. However, students at any of the other branches will also receive engineering degrees from Texas A&M, which could lower the overall quality.

And 6 years ago it was at #53. Unless they drastically changed the measuring standard, something is happening.

2011 #53
2012 #58
2013 #65
2014 #69
2015 #68
2016 #70
2017 #74

Every single year, (except for 2015), the rank of TAMU went down. I see a lot of people blaming it on Chancellor Sharp and his reform efforts at increasing enrollment.

Just a suggestion… you might want to open another thread since this^^ is off topic from admissions results.

@bigyear22 , when I tried to apply on Apply Texas, I came to know that the Essay topics for Fall 2018 admissions was not announced yet. I see that you have applied. Which essay prompts did your Son/Daughters use?

@Magic09, my DD will answer all 3.

@Magic09 - This is from the A&M application webpage (http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/essays) Hope it helps. Best wishes!!

ApplyTexas Application Essays

The following essay topics are valid for the ApplyTexas Application ONLY.

Essay A - Required
What was the environment you were raised in? Describe your family, home, neighborhood, or community, and explain how it has shaped you as a person.

Essay B - Required
Most students have an identity, an interest, or a talent that defines them in an essential way. Tell us about yourself.

Essay C - Optional
You’ve got a ticket in your hand. Where will you go? What will you do? What will happen when you get there?

Thank you!

@Magic09 - I also “heard” Essay C really isn’t optional, it is expected. My son hadn’t planned on doing it, but it is used for scholarships.

Thank you, so it’s confirmed that the essays for Fall admission 2018 is included in the above website right?

@Magic09 This information is from Texas A&M’s admission website, so I do know that is the prompt for that university. As for other ones, I’m not sure. I don’t know if other ones use different prompts. This is our first experience with Apply Texas. I guess I’ll find out when my son applies to UT Aug.1st. :wink:

When did you apply: 7/12
When did you get your UIN: 7/17
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Auto-Admit
Major/College of Choice: Business Administration- Mays
Did you get in: N/A
Honors program: Maybe
Class Rank: Top 6%
SAT: 1290
ACT: 28

@Magic09 They both completed essays A & B. When you open the Texas A&M Application on Apply Texas, the topics are there and are just like the Texas A&M admissions website says they are.

@RMNiMiTz The undergraduate Engineering Program is ranked #16 in the U.S. News rankings: https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/engineering-doctorate

When did you apply: 7/7
When did you get your UIN: 7/11
Major/College of Choice: Biomedical Science (BIMS)
Honors program: Won’t Apply-Living off campus
Class Rank: Top 6%
SAT: N/A
ACT: 28

I don’t know if this means anything, but my HOWDY portal just popped up with more tabs! I now have 6 tabs, and I have been reading past years threads and that is the first step to receiving an “official” acceptance letter!

Posting for my son.

When did you apply: 7/7
When did you get your UIN: 7/11
Major/College of Choice: Business Administration
Honors program: Yes
Class Rank: Top 7%
SAT: 1500
ACT: N/A

@matthewada20 My son has very similar stats to yours. He said his HOWDY portal just changed with more tabs, too. He also said there is a link to the library. Really cool if this is the first step to receiving an “official” acceptance letter. Did you hear how long it should take?

@trish02 - it’s so exciting! We can now see the library, the meal plans, the payment portal, etc… I have read that once the tabs open up, then it takes 1-2 weeks to get that letter. I think the letter should show up first on the AIS before we will get a physical one. They normally roll out the first decisions about a month and 19 days after the application opened; however, as we all know the app opened a month earlier this year so I do not know if that will still follow suit. At the latest I think that we will have a physical letter by sept. Fingers crossed that it will be speedy because I would like to have the letter in my hand!

@matthewada20 - Awesome! That is great information. September is not too far away. Fingers crossed!!! My son is exactly the same as you - playing it cool until he gets the physical letter in hand. All official!

What is the major you applied for, if you don’t mind me asking? My son applied to Physics as his first choice and Geoscience as his second choice. His plan is to major in Physics with a minor in geoscience (environmental science) and a math minor (it only requires one extra class from his degree).

Also, do you know about the S.E.A.L Camp? You get to spend the weekend at A&M and it is full of cool events (stay in the dorms, midnight yell practice, tailgate party, football game…). Applications for the camp start Aug.1st. Here is the link: http://tamuarc.■■■■■■■■■■/seal.html

@trish02 - has your son applied to any other places and heard back? I applied to UT (will aug 1) , TTU, CSU along with TAMU and all have been relatively quiet even though I’m auto admit for all.

I don’t mind you asking at all! My first pick is Biomedical sciences, and my second choice is Animal Science. The ultimate plan is to double major in both of those since I’ll be going in a sophomore by hours (due to high school dual credit). They are closely related and I should only have to pick up a few classes to do so!

I haven’t heard of SEAL;however, I just clicked on your link and binge-read and it sounds awesome! I have already stayed in dorms with my sister and snuck in her classes but i live 7 hours away so i could only go during thanksgiving, thus it was very quiet! I would love to go during a busier time. I’m gonna definitely apply. Thanks!

Also, my sister works at the career center at TAMU (which is super close to admissions) and she has a lot of connections so if you have any questions I could relay them to her and hopefully get an answer!